Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Tecumseh

Re: Navy 2019

Post by Tecumseh »

HealthyDebate wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:20 pm The back and forth is very interesting. Both sides have great points. The judgement comes in your record. Plain and simple.

So I ask you again- how do we feel about this weekend. Anyone have any idea or opinions (outside the hotly debated Petro/Tills/JL Navy HC talk) on the game Saturday.

Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi. “Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit.Feb 9, 2016

Healthy , I’d say its total pick’em . Navy has the better players but it’s a road trip to face against a hungry team coached by a fresh new coach from a very well estabisished program .

Please correct me if I’m wrong , but the loser of this game will not make the PL Tournament.

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tecumseh wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:19 pm Please correct me if I’m wrong , but the loser of this game will not make the PL Tournament.
I think it may be a bit soon to figure that out. A team like BU is 2-2 in PL play, they could lose the remaining games vs Army, Loyola, HC, and Navy and be 2-6.

Or Army who is 4-1 in PL play, could lose out to Loyola, BU, and Navy being 4-4.

Still seems like there are opportunities to play out. Lehigh is currently the only team with a lock.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Tecumseh wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:19 pm
HealthyDebate wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:20 pm The back and forth is very interesting. Both sides have great points. The judgement comes in your record. Plain and simple.

So I ask you again- how do we feel about this weekend. Anyone have any idea or opinions (outside the hotly debated Petro/Tills/JL Navy HC talk) on the game Saturday.

Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi. “Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit.Feb 9, 2016

Healthy , I’d say its total pick’em . Navy has the better players but it’s a road trip to face against a hungry team coached by a fresh new coach from a very well estabisished program .

Please correct me if I’m wrong , but the loser of this game will not make the PL Tournament.

“T”
What active coach holds a 19-68 W/L record? Winning percentage of 28.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:22 pm What active coach holds a 19-68 W/L record? Winning percentage of 28.
Hmmm...lemma think, oh I know RRR. The school where this coach resides uses the dominant color that is the same used during the Lenten Season. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

laxpere wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:30 am While I am not offering answers, it seems counter productive to me to make drive by remarks about recruits and saying that the fish rots from the head in latin. Same goes with the heckling/harassing of Coach Sowell by a spectator at one of the games.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:41 pm Those are not drive by remarks laxpere.....oh they've been there for about 7 years....staples of scorn fans and alum from prior coaches past and how the AD kicked out an outstanding mentor and coach, like throwing the baby out with the bath water. I understand where their pain comes. The new coach also does things differently....I'll leave it at that but keep in mind they also have a point.
Tecumseh wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 pm Maybe your best post of all time !!!
And yes , A Fish rots from the head.
“T”
Youth and Tecumseh,
Both of you seem unhappy with Coach Sowell and consistently question his leadership even though the results have been solid over the past five years. You are entitled to your opinions, but I sure hope that both of you don’t condone a person or group heckling/harassing Coach Sowell before/during/after any game no matter how mad/upset that person or group is about how the coach’s predecessor was treated. It seems crazy for anyone to hang the former coach’s acrimonious exit on Coach Sowell. I hope that both of you agree that those people should fight the former coach’s battle with the AD, not his replacement.

Despite the rough patch over the past month, I am not blaming Coach Sowell. As someone once said, coaches win practices and players win games. The Navy 2019 team is young and too many metal errors really hurt last week, but the future is very bright. It will be a challenge on the road, but I will be cheering for the Mids to step up and break out of the recent funk this week.

“The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” Vince Lombardi
Go Navy, Beat Colgate, then Beat Army!
“The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” Vince Lombardi
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are...." John Wooden
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Laxpere - sorry I didn’t reply earlier. Emphatically disagreed with and was equally embarrassed by the heckling at Loyola game. So NO, I DO NOT CONDONE THAT BEHAVIOR.

I like RS. My bottom line, I believe as you do there is a ton of talent on the yard, I also strongly believe they are underutilized and their strengths are not incorporated into the coaches current offensive schematics and vision.

I was just like you 6 years ago and slowly my confidence.

Your comment about coaches win practices and players win games. That was point a few posts back.....I do not believe the practices and non-game lax stuff is pushing the players to continue to grow beyond the tunnel vision of what our offense schemes have currently been over the past handful of years. Again, the square peg, round hole theory. That does not mean I dislike RS, it means, as you...there is a ton of talent.....so let’s allow it, teach it, and encourage it to be put on display.
~Livy
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:14 pm de chet, merde

hors du tube, colgate
It's my understanding that Earlville legend and lore notes that it's "good luck" to step in Colgate campus cow chips.

The Cuomo Cow Chips at Cushman House are a bit nutty though.
:shock:

Navy 9 - Colgate 8
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tweeet! As much as you wouldn't make fun of blacks, Jews, or otherwise and would know it's inappropriate in this (or nay) forum, don't have a go at gays and otherwise. Post deleted. Tweeet! Play on...
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

And quickly, Wombat looks at the Penalty Box and sees no one.

???
old salt

Re: Navy Lacrosse 2019

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: I would really like to see Torain pulled from the wing and get a gritty guy in there that just gobbles up GB's....I would love to see Mona 20' in that roll.
It would be great if another Steve Looney or Matt Bitter emerged in that role. It was like they had an afterburner. They didn't dance around & box off their man, they'd go into a GB scrum, at what looked like full speed, then tap the 'burner for a burst of acceleration, & emerge out the other side with the ball. They were difference makers in that role. They were GB machines.
by old salt » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:08 pm

D-middies looked good. ...16 Alexander looks promising in this new role.
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:51 pm ...the friggen wings on faceoff never seem to win the GB when its a 3v3 fight. Barry held his own for sure. Maybe we need 3 SS's out there that are fighters, we seem to watch the other teams players and not have a grit for the ball, we lost quite a few possessions on missed GB opportunities.
Go back in the video archives & put together a reel of how Steve Looney & Matt Bitter used to do it. For inspiration, if nothing else.
I'd try #16 on the wing.
.:mrgreen:. ...Whew !
youthathletics

Re: Navy Lacrosse 2019

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:58 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: I would really like to see Torain pulled from the wing and get a gritty guy in there that just gobbles up GB's....I would love to see Mona 20' in that roll.
It would be great if another Steve Looney or Matt Bitter emerged in that role. It was like they had an afterburner. They didn't dance around & box off their man, they'd go into a GB scrum, at what looked like full speed, then tap the 'burner for a burst of acceleration, & emerge out the other side with the ball. They were difference makers in that role. They were GB machines.
by old salt » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:08 pm

D-middies looked good. ...16 Alexander looks promising in this new role.
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:51 pm ...the friggen wings on faceoff never seem to win the GB when its a 3v3 fight. Barry held his own for sure. Maybe we need 3 SS's out there that are fighters, we seem to watch the other teams players and not have a grit for the ball, we lost quite a few possessions on missed GB opportunities.
Go back in the video archives & put together a reel of how Steve Looney & Matt Bitter used to do it. For inspiration, if nothing else.
I'd try #16 on the wing.
.:mrgreen:. ...Whew !
Agreed Old Salt....and imagine that, look what #6 does for you when he's not friggen smoked from running wing each F/O, and seldom ever seeing a 2nd line to give rest to the 1's.

The darned TO's are getting ridiculous, at one point by mid 3rd qtr, we had 14 and only 4 where via CTO. Thank you Kern, for another day of standing on your head to bail out all those turnovers.
~Livy
HealthyDebate

Post by HealthyDebate »

We just found out what these guys wanted to be made of. If they can use the momentum they created in the 4th qtr moving forward watch out. Wasn’t always pretty but the 4th qtr was. They still find a way to make it interesting when they could have run away with the game in the first half. Can we please get a complete game. Well done men!

It’s Army week! GO NAVY beat army!!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Nothing smells like a Navy victory more than a complete posting stoppage. With fans like this....who need frenemies. Beat the Mules. Did Boston U start the same year as "other" programs? ;)
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

What a good win for Navy yesterday. After the third quarter it had all the hallmarks of a disappointing loss, with an early 5-goal lead turning into a 2-goal third quarter deficit. Really impressive display of overall mental toughness and on-field leadership by Torain, Wade, Kern and more. In the decisive fourth quarter, Navy outscored Colgate 7-0 (!); outshot them 10-3; won the groundball battle 12-5; and won the face-offs 4-3.

Both teams came into the game having to have that win, and one team emerged with it. Congrats to the Mids players and coaching staff on a great comeback win on the road. Here's hoping for a great day next week against Army.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Coming up on 48 hours after a solid victory by Sowells seaman. Two positive posts in that time frame :roll:

Tecum, laxgil and the slew of you frenemies are a strange bunch, but predicktable, if nothing else.
EastCoastLaxFan

Post by EastCoastLaxFan »

Gutsy performance by the Mids up at Colgate!!! The character that makes up these young men was shown this past weekend in Hamilton.

I hope we can look back at this game and relate it to how the season has gone for the Mids... Somewhat strong start out of the gates, a lull that created some doubt (yes, I was VERY nervous the 5-goal blown lead would demoralize the team & potentially knock us out of the PL Tournament), and a strong finish which was lead by Upperclassman.

With Colgate out of the way, we are now on to the most exciting week of the year!!!!!

Army-Navy WEEK! 100th meeting ever, tradition like no other! Navy released a "throwback" uniform this morning that will be worn for the game so the guys in the locker-room should be excited (although, we know they are already itching to get to battle).

I think these teams matchup very well. Similar to the Mids, Army has a great mix of Youth & Upperclassman which makes them tough.

Can we get some predictions for this weekend? Attendance, Over/Under, final score??
old salt

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:10 am Coming up on 48 hours after a solid victory by Sowells seaman. Two positive posts in that time frame :roll:

Tecum, laxgil and the slew of you frenemies are a strange bunch, but predicktable, if nothing else.
You don't tally my post as a +++ ? Praising unsung hero player #16 as a difference maker.

That was a "solid victory" for 3 Q's only.
The other Q was far from encouraging or reassuring.
Cautious optimism is warranted, ...maybe.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Mids to sport a throwback uni against army:

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/a ... ssion=true
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
HealthyDebate

Post by HealthyDebate »

Whoever designed those uniforms did a great job. They will look sharp. Weather seems to be holding at 72 dgeees and party cloudy. I’m sure there will be a very big crowd.

On to the game- I’m encouraged after watching the Colgate game on PLN again (btw- those announcers had us packing up after the third with a loss). Yes we hit the usual game lull but there was so good stuff on both ends. Players made the plays 6,8,16,24. Those guys stood out to me. 4 turned it on when needed. I’ve seen army play only online vs Rutgers and Lehigh. This is setting up for a classic army/navy game. I actually think we match up rather well in every aspect of the game and we offer some different dodging threats on offense more so then in the past. I agree w EastCoast, have we found our sea legs and turned the corner for good?
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

HealthyDebate wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:18 am Whoever designed those uniforms did a great job. They will look sharp. Weather seems to be holding at 72 dgeees and party cloudy. I’m sure there will be a very big crowd.

On to the game- I’m encouraged after watching the Colgate game on PLN again (btw- those announcers had us packing up after the third with a loss). Yes we hit the usual game lull but there was so good stuff on both ends. Players made the plays 6,8,16,24. Those guys stood out to me. 4 turned it on when needed. I’ve seen army play only online vs Rutgers and Lehigh. This is setting up for a classic army/navy game. I actually think we match up rather well in every aspect of the game and we offer some different dodging threats on offense more so then in the past. I agree w EastCoast, have we found our sea legs and turned the corner for good?
The Navy Equipment people are the single best in the NCAA and better than some professional teams !

Concur Healthy .. going to be a great reunion and the mother of all tailgaters. Big crowd expected and going the best ratings of any TV game of the season.

Army is ranked #20 which I don't understand. Navy by 5 :!: in an epic battle.

Go Navy , beat the Hooterville on the Hudson Black Knights.

"T"
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”