January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:16 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:59 pm Lotta crickets in here on a potentially historic day...

"Where were YOU on 6/23, when you heard?"

Some US CongressCritters maybe sweating bullets right around now...

The thing that should freak everyone out is this: all the Congressmen who asked for pardons.

If this is some nothingburger lefty witchhunt? It would appear that several of our elected officials disagree strongly, and they themselves believe that they broke laws serious enough to openly ask for Presidential pardons.

Anyone on team "this is no big deal" care to comment?
This is much worse than Watergate. It’s unbelievable. The fall of The American Empire is underway. The peasantry doesn’t care.
They care; it's what they want....told to want it, by lying POS, ala what we see on here daily.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

How ironic that the resident dim bulb here claiming to be an expert on other alleged dim bulbs. :oops:
Takes one to know one, I suppose. :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:29 am How ironic that the resident dim bulb here claiming to be an expert on other alleged dim bulbs. :oops:
Takes one to know one, I suppose. :lol: :lol:
The difference is that our gator troll is constantly and predictably lying, not merely "dim". That he's seemingly oblivious to how dumb and hypocritical he comes across is an indication of his being "dim", but much worse is the intentionality of his lying and misrepresenting.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:14 am
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:55 pm Claire McCaskill reminds us that ONE closet MAGAt on a trump sedition jury can cause a hung jury.

MAGAts can't hide their trumplethinskinnery during voir dire, can they? :?

McCaskill is truly one of the laughably dimmer bulbs to ever be elected to Congress. She of course was ultimately tossed by the Missouri electorate who got to witness her comic idiocy up close.

Claire now thinks there’s an endless well of Trump voters/jurors in Washington DC? Uh wut? Been to DC recently? :lol:

Hey let me help. DC voted 95-5 Biden Trump.

Do you know who willingly volunteers to serve on juries that last more than an afternoon? Hint: not conservatives, who have jobs they need to go to.

This plaintively dumb comment should be a rather simple tell on how eternally stupid she is, and anyone thinking she’s anything but a biased birdbrain might want to reconsider their own abilities.

MD, like a fan, won’t post the previous thread (a fan chops it up), leaving the reader to do the work.

In this case, because I stated a fact, which is Democrats rule DC which voted 95-5 for Biden, plus hard working Americans (typically, conservatives) prefer to not sit on juries because they have fulfilling jobs and/or families to take care of, MD simply says I’m a racist. Doesn’t inquire, merely makes unsubstantiated claims.

What MD doesn’t apparently know is DC isn’t nearly as black as he imagines, and the DC I’m referring to is the government bureaucrat, overwhelmingly leftist, mostly gay (childless), almost laughably white DuPont Circle DC. This group is as far removed from regular Americans as it gets. Almost none are gun owners. Their preferred method of dialogue is mob shaming. They’re anti free speech. They’re anti most bill of rights.

They are also who sit on and control most DC federal juries. They love to sit on juries. Their jobs are uninspiring. Their lives revolve around politics. And they are sadly insecure, needing anything to distract from their miserable lives.

MD’s reflexive ‘racist’ card is the purest form of projection it gets. Not that he’s a racist (though, as he’s stated here, he belongs to clubs which have no black members), but that he sees most things through that prism first. When your worldviews are clouded by such thought blinders, most normal people discount your other opinions. Not of course the like-minded, but everyone who has a life to lead.

Truly interesting stuff. Revealing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I don't need to "inquire" about your racism, Petey, you have demonstrated it in years of posting.

And a liar.

I'm a member of no such club. Why would you lie about this again and again and again?

"mostly gay"??? The homophobia is striking.

Go away, troll.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:18 am mostly gay (childless),
:lol: Says the guy with no children.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:51 am I don't need to "inquire" about your racism, Petey, you have demonstrated it in years of posting.

And a liar.

I'm a member of no such club. Why would you lie about this again and again and again?

Go away, troll.

I’m fairly sure you stated you belonged to an old money squash club in Baltimore, which incidentally has no blacks. There is only one. And I’ve had a few drinks there while in Baltimore.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:51 am I don't need to "inquire" about your racism, Petey, you have demonstrated it in years of posting.

And a liar.

Go away, troll.

I’m fairly sure you stated you belonged to an old money squash club in Baltimore, which incidentally has no blacks. Incorrect. There is only one. Incorrect. And I’ve had a few drinks there while in Baltimore.I doubt it, but possible. a-hole liars do get invited from time to time.

I assure you that your facts are incorrect.
The club has had black members since the '80's.
Your lie notwithstanding, it's been a challenging social journey.

I joined the club in 1979 prior to graduating college, at my father's insistence and encouragement, "let's get you in before they realize how "liberal" you are, me a Republican; yes, very conservative club); my primary reluctance in joining was its legacy of racial discrimination; I did so with the intent of changing that policy from the inside, which was accomplished within my 20's a few years later. My close friend and high school classmate and teammate, later opponent at Harvard, was the second African American admitted. He later became my business partner. Tragically, he just passed away. Many accomplished African Americans since those early days. Active, good members. But still overwhelmingly white.

Just prior to the decision to admit African Americans, my wife and I and several other professional couples, several of whom had gone to colleges in the north, were at a crab feast at the club in the main dining room. Dixieland playing. All black staff. The band struck up Dixie, and close to half of the members in the room stood up and put their hands over their hearts, many singing along...our party was shocked and appalled...stunned; we left...I went to several of the members of the staff and apologized before leaving, saying how sorry we were, I was, at such a display...many years later, on two separate occasions staff who'd been there recalled that night with me, thanking me for having come to them...one did so as in part of her retirement speech to her colleagues and members in attendance at her farewell.

I was less successful in admittance of women, though we changed all sorts of rules that made it far easier for women to participate in activities, including wives and widows being able to use the Club without their husbands, sign etc. Nevertheless, not members...I took a lot of grief for pushing this periodically. Very frustrating I resigned in 2020, citing my frustration on not having admitted women with full status. A few months later, the Club finally admitted women. I've been back a few times since then, as my son is a member and my mother still has privileges, and the place appears vibrant, no change to the colors of the drapes...predicted by the neanderthals...

What is interesting to me is that you choose to repeatedly lie.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:22 pm

And a liar.

Go away, troll.

I’m fairly sure you stated you belonged to an old money squash club in Baltimore, which incidentally has no blacks. Incorrect. There is only one. Incorrect. And I’ve had a few drinks there while in Baltimore.I doubt it, but possible. a-hole liars do get invited from time to time.

I joined the club in 1979 prior to graduating college, at my father's insistence and encouragement, "let's get you in before they realize how "liberal" you are, me a Republican; yes, very conservative club); my primary reluctance in joining was its legacy of racial discrimination; I did so with the intent of changing that policy from the inside, which was accomplished within my 20's a few years later. My close friend and high school classmate and teammate, later opponent at Harvard, was the second African American admitted. He later became my business partner. Tragically, he just passed away. Many accomplished African Americans since those early days. Active, good members. But still overwhelmingly white.

Just prior to the decision to admit African Americans, my wife and I and several other professional couples, several of whom had gone to colleges in the north, were at a crab feast at the club in the main dining room. Dixieland playing. All black staff. The band struck up Dixie, and close to half of the members in the room stood up and put their hands over their hearts, many singing along...our party was shocked and appalled...stunned; we left...I went to several of the members of the staff and apologized before leaving, saying how sorry we were, I was, at such a display...many years later, on two separate occasions staff who'd been there recalled that night with me, thanking me for having come to them...one did so as in part of her retirement speech to her colleagues and members in attendance at her farewell.

I was less successful in admittance of women, though we changed all sorts of rules that made it far easier for women to participate in activities, including wives and widows being able to use the Club without their husbands, sign etc. Nevertheless, not members...I took a lot of grief for pushing this periodically. Very frustrating I resigned in 2020, citing my frustration on not having admitted women with full status. A few months later, the Club finally admitted women. I've been back a few times since then, as my son is a member and my mother still has privileges, and the place appears vibrant, no change to the colors of the drapes...predicted by the neanderthals...

And what’s interesting to me is you considered Andrew Gillum to be a good candidate.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:22 pm

And a liar.

Go away, troll.

And what’s interesting to me is you considered Andrew Gillum to be a good candidate.
squirrel from the LIAR.

Until we knew of his personal issues, why wouldn't I?

Just because he's a Democrat??? Not a fascist like DeSantis?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

June 24th 2022 Insurrection? Ramp up the committee. :shock: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfNxLt-FnHA/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:36 am June 24th 2022 Insurrection? Ramp up the committee. :shock: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfNxLt-FnHA/

CCD4AC99-83FE-496A-A557-75E6A0C7C683.jpeg
CCD4AC99-83FE-496A-A557-75E6A0C7C683.jpeg (12.25 KiB) Viewed 764 times
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:36 am June 24th 2022 Insurrection? Ramp up the committee. :shock: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfNxLt-FnHA/
Hardly. Protesters banged on the windows, and police fired tear gas at them. The tear gas forced the legislators into a basement to avoid the tear gas that seeped into the capitol building, but there were apparently no injuries or arrests.
PHOENIX (AP) — Police fired tear gas to disperse anti-abortion demonstrators from outside the Arizona Capitol Friday night, forcing lawmakers to huddle briefly in a basement inside the building as they rushed to complete their 2022 session.

Thousands of protesters had gathered earlier on the Capitol grounds in Phoenix, divided into groups both supporting and condemning the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

SWAT team members with the Department of Public Safety fired tear gas from second floor of the old Capitol building to disperse protesters in the mall between the current House and Senate buildings. KPHO-TV reported the officers opened fire when several anti-abortion protesters started banging on glass doors of the Senate building.
ADVERTISING

Authorities said there were no injuries or arrests.

The incident sent Senate lawmakers into the basement for about 20 minutes, said Democratic Sen. Martin Quezada. Stinging tear gas wafted through the building afterward, forcing the Senate to move its proceedings to a hearing room instead of the Senate chamber.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Respectfully, you are too smart to resort to BS like this. Do you really believe this garbage or are you just trying to get a rise out of people?
Perhaps you were trying to be funny or inject some levity. If this is the case IMHO you failed miserably. :oops:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:41 am
Respectfully, you are too smart to resort to BS like this. Do you really believe this garbage or are you just trying to get a rise out of people?
Perhaps you were trying to be funny or inject some levity. If this is the case IMHO you failed miserably. :oops:
Unfortunately, you are probably wrong.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:52 am

Most people found the video interesting if not ironic, no one reached any broader conclusions about insurrections nor the left, and Youth’s one-liner added a touch of appreciated levity.

I’d say he succeeded famously here.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:06 pm
Most people found the video interesting if not ironic, no one reached any broader conclusions about insurrections nor the left, and Youth’s one-liner added a touch of appreciated levity.

Everyone is so touchy and spun-up anymore, get out and adventure. Just returned from a 60 minute hike with new dog through farm fields meandering through the woods, and landing on a secluded beach. Found a cool Mako shark tooth about an 1/1/2 long.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:03 pm

Everyone is so touchy and spun-up anymore, get out and adventure. Just returned from a 60 minute hike with new dog through farm fields meandering through the woods, and landing on a secluded beach. Found a cool Mako shark tooth about an 1/1/2 long.
What kind of dog?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sounds like a fantastic outing. 👍

Yes, folks are indeed "spun up"; unfortunately, for good reason.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:18 pm

What kind of dog?
Recent posts here: https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=697
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”