The Abortion Thread

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: The Abortion Thread

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:18 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:07 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:02 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:39 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:22 am Once Roe gets overturned and red states remove womens rights, where will NCAA sports relocate championship sites?

I have to believe that softball is 100% going to shift to a blue state, what about boys baseball?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/10/spor ... tball.html
Roe, if it is overturned, will be bounced back to the states to decide. That is exactly what Justice Rehnquist said should happen in his dissent way back in 1972. That is exactly where the decision should have been handed to. The state where I live, NYS is already passing abortion rights legislation where it should be.. as a states right. When you FLP folks are done whining the issue will be handled where it should have been dealt with all along.. it is a states right. No need to worry you FLP folks, there will be no shortage of dead babies.

I love your replies. Lol.

The better question is where does the FLP riot first? I say New York City.

They will need a full battalion on Barrett’s street. Same with Kavanaugh.

Hopefully we won’t be facing the need for troops anywhere in else the world; we’ll need all the boys here defending against the FLP.
Nobody from the FLP extremists on this forum will explain why Justice K and his family should have to fear for their lives. I guess death threats are just a part of the job?? :roll:

I believe pizzasnake just the other day claimed here that if you want to be a conservative judge on the Supreme Court, you have to accept the fact that some FLP will try to kill you.

MD followed that gem up by saying ‘if only the conservative judges wouldn’t vote on political cases, they’d be safe’.

I almost want Roe to be overturned simply to watch the hysteria, and of course riots. Bizarrely, the FLP don’t discourage rioting in their own cities.

I do hope Milley assigns full battalions to protect the conservative judges (you’ll note that no one needs to protect the liberal judges since no conservatives would seriously threaten them). I don’t care if FLP destroy liberal cities; heck I’ll encourage them! :lol:
Justice Rehnquist in his dissent to Roe made the case very clear. Abortion rights are a state issue. That is what any reversal of R v W becomes. Abortion is not being outlawed. It is being bounced back for the states to decide. 50 states will be allowed to determine abortion rights. IMO that is called democracy. Why does everyone have such a problem with that. It is not the first time the SCOTUS decided a case incorrectly.

Of course this is the correct take. The FLP need some daily dose of outrage to get through their day.

This case is only critical in the fevered mindset of the too-political left. Abortion will still be legal and Plan B, too.

Once this decision is released, however the decision goes, the left will seize on some other irrelevant lunacy du jour and abortion will resume its rightful back seat of interest.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:23 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:12 am This stupid trolling is getting very tedious.

No one on here is in favor of violence, or threats of violence, against SCOTUS justices and their families, or against any other public official or employee, high or low, and their families.

And those being called "FLP" have consistently said so, including in these instances.

It IS notable that there's been total hypocrisy from our right wing trolls about such when directed against election officials, school board members, teachers, etc. They defend such as both deserved, and unimportant.

You said what you said. But that’s okay, you also said Andrew Gillum was a rock star.

What’s more relevant here is this. Showing up at a judge’s home to affect outcomes, imo, isn’t simply illegal, it’s likely to lead to violence.

No one cares if you picket outside at a courthouse. Why can’t your band of lunatics simply do that?

So far as other officials, election or school board members, if anyone showed up to their homes to picket, I say arrest the protesters. Most of those jobs are elected roles; get out and win at the ballot box. If you threaten in any way, or show up at a private residence, off to jail you go to consider the consequences of your actions.

I have a feeling you disagree. I wonder why…
... more KellyAnne horsesh*t. Pro choice protesters have directed ZERO VIOLENCE towards any SCOTUS member. Not one case!!!

Where are fascist a-holes like you when a federal judge has her son and husband gunned down in their home. No problem hey KellyAnne. Let's make up bullsh*t stories instead.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:30 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:18 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:07 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:02 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:39 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:22 am Once Roe gets overturned and red states remove womens rights, where will NCAA sports relocate championship sites?

I have to believe that softball is 100% going to shift to a blue state, what about boys baseball?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/10/spor ... tball.html
Roe, if it is overturned, will be bounced back to the states to decide. That is exactly what Justice Rehnquist said should happen in his dissent way back in 1972. That is exactly where the decision should have been handed to. The state where I live, NYS is already passing abortion rights legislation where it should be.. as a states right. When you FLP folks are done whining the issue will be handled where it should have been dealt with all along.. it is a states right. No need to worry you FLP folks, there will be no shortage of dead babies.

I love your replies. Lol.

The better question is where does the FLP riot first? I say New York City.

They will need a full battalion on Barrett’s street. Same with Kavanaugh.

Hopefully we won’t be facing the need for troops anywhere in else the world; we’ll need all the boys here defending against the FLP.
Nobody from the FLP extremists on this forum will explain why Justice K and his family should have to fear for their lives. I guess death threats are just a part of the job?? :roll:

I believe pizzasnake just the other day claimed here that if you want to be a conservative judge on the Supreme Court, you have to accept the fact that some FLP will try to kill you.

MD followed that gem up by saying ‘if only the conservative judges wouldn’t vote on political cases, they’d be safe’.

I almost want Roe to be overturned simply to watch the hysteria, and of course riots. Bizarrely, the FLP don’t discourage rioting in their own cities.

I do hope Milley assigns full battalions to protect the conservative judges (you’ll note that no one needs to protect the liberal judges since no conservatives would seriously threaten them). I don’t care if FLP destroy liberal cities; heck I’ll encourage them! :lol:
Justice Rehnquist in his dissent to Roe made the case very clear. Abortion rights are a state issue. That is what any reversal of R v W becomes. Abortion is not being outlawed. It is being bounced back for the states to decide. 50 states will be allowed to determine abortion rights. IMO that is called democracy. Why does everyone have such a problem with that. It is not the first time the SCOTUS decided a case incorrectly.

Of course this is the correct take. The FLP need some daily dose of outrage to get through their day.

This case is only critical in the fevered mindset of the too-political left. Abortion will still be legal and Plan B, too.

Once this decision is released, however the decision goes, the left will seize on some other irrelevant lunacy du jour and abortion will resume its rightful back seat of interest.
... guaranteed the voters aren't going to place this issue in the backseat dumbass. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:12 am This stupid trolling is getting very tedious.

No one on here is in favor of violence, or threats of violence, against SCOTUS justices and their families, or against any other public official or employee, high or low, and their families.

And those being called "FLP" have consistently said so, including in these instances.

It IS notable that there's been total hypocrisy from our right wing trolls about such when directed against election officials, school board members, teachers, etc. They defend such as both deserved, and unimportant.
Why do you keep lying to our forum members about being a conservative RepubliCON? I don't know what the eff you are but you certainly are not a RepubliCON. No respectable RepubliCON would ever sit in the same room with a Rockefeller FLP such as yourself. Explain to all the readers on this forum why you would NEVER be allowed to speak or even enter the building during the RNC. Because YOUR party is disgusted with you and your FLP ideology. Why don't you accept reality and stop pretending to be a Republican. The DemocRATS are foaming at the mouth to welcome you in. For both of you.. it is a match made in heaven.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knows the words but can't carry a tune ....
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:33 am

You said what you said. But that’s okay, you also said Andrew Gillum was a rock star.

What’s more relevant here is this. Showing up at a judge’s home to affect outcomes, imo, isn’t simply illegal, it’s likely to lead to violence.

No one cares if you picket outside at a courthouse. Why can’t your band of lunatics simply do that?

So far as other officials, election or school board members, if anyone showed up to their homes to picket, I say arrest the protesters. Most of those jobs are elected roles; get out and win at the ballot box. If you threaten in any way, or show up at a private residence, off to jail you go to consider the consequences of your actions.

... more KellyAnne horsesh*t. Pro choice protesters have directed ZERO VIOLENCE towards any SCOTUS member. Not one case!!!

Where are fascist a-holes like you when a federal judge has her son and husband gunned down in their home. No problem hey KellyAnne. Let's make up bullsh*t stories instead.

Are you unaware that a pro choice lunatic Dem protester was just arrested last week outside Kavanaugh’s home with a gun intent on murdering him?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:35 am

Why do you keep lying to our forum members about being a conservative RepubliCON? I don't know what the eff you are but you certainly are not a RepubliCON. No respectable RepubliCON would ever sit in the same room with a Rockefeller FLP such as yourself. Explain to all the readers on this forum why you would NEVER be allowed to speak or even enter the building during the RNC. Because YOUR party is disgusted with you and your FLP ideology. Why don't you accept reality and stop pretending to be a Republican. The DemocRATS are foaming at the mouth to welcome you in. For both of you.. it is a match made in heaven.

He’s a Democrat. Just too embarrassed to admit it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

You said what you said. But that’s okay, you also said Andrew Gillum was a star.

So far as other officials, election or school board members, if anyone showed up to their homes to picket, I say arrest the protesters. Most of those jobs are elected roles; get out and win at the ballot box. If you threaten in any way, or show job at a private residence, off to jail you go to consider the consequences of your actions.
People are getting direct death threats, not merely protesters being jerks by being noisy near a home.

I'm clearly opposed to protests near homes; they are not my band of lunatics, though I don't agree that that particular group of young women are "lunatics", a common claim from men over the centuries when women get upset enough to actually protest vociferously.

Several posters on here have pooh poohed the death threats against lower level public servants, but are now outraged when right wing SCOTUS judges are protested against (and, yes, directly threatened)...we should be serious about all of it. We should hold those making such threats accountable, put them in jail. Far, far more serious than protests outside of homes. When those protests contain threats of violence against someone, that's when it enters a very different level...and that's not a difficult transition, unfortunately.

On judges, we've seen direct violence against judges, a son of a judge was shot when he answered her door, killer looking for the judge. Where was your outrage? We saw a POTUS repeatedly attacking judges as un-American, as traitors or otherwise undeserving to be wearing the robes because of their ethnic background...where was your outrage?

But now you are concerned about Barrett and Kavanaugh. So am I, but I'm not being a hypocrite.

Yes, Gillum was indeed a "star" at that point, clearly was a talented communicator.
I don't think I made a prediction about election outcomes, but I did note that he had the communication talents necessary for a politician in today's media driven age.

His personal flaws emerged considerably later. Those flaws tanked him politically and personally, and he may bear other consequences. I'm certainly fine with that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nice try Dr Wizard. PB just smoked your candy ass. Why dont you do yourself a favor and go to your laboratory and electrocute some mice and document their suffering for your research. That should put you back in your happy place.👻
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:40 am

Are you unaware that a pro choice lunatic Dem protester was just arrested last week outside Kavanaugh’s home with a gun intent on murdering him?
And indeed it's closer to appropriate to call this very disturbed man, a "lunatic"; clearly in some sort of mental crisis, thank goodness he called his sister and she convinced him to call 911 on himself. He's locked up, as was appropriate as well....though he should get some leniency, as well as mental health support, for having called 911 on himself.

But the hypocrisy is that you haven't cared, haven't bothered to care, about all of the situations in which people have actually been threatened, hurt, some killed, by right wing extremists...because they weren't R's...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:35 am

Cradle, this is another in a long string of the same personal attack.

Enough of it.

You want to call Liz Cheney and Judge Luttig such names, go ahead.
But I'm a fellow poster and you're well out of bounds.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:40 am

Weak sauce. Roske was not a protester. He showed no intent to protest anything. He was a very polite sick individual who called the police on himself. He will be sent to a mental health facility most likely. Rowe v Wade was just one of his "concerns". Strange he waited to act until after Uvalde. Another of his stated "concerns" where he believed SCOTUS was going to loosen gun controls. :roll:

So predictable, trying to make something into what it was not. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:42 am

You said what you said. But that’s okay, you also said Andrew Gillum was a star.

So far as other officials, election or school board members, if anyone showed up to their homes to picket, I say arrest the protesters. Most of those jobs are elected roles; get out and win at the ballot box. If you threaten in any way, or show job at a private residence, off to jail you go to consider the consequences of your actions.
People are getting direct death threats, not merely protesters being jerks by being noisy near a home.

I'm clearly opposed to protests near homes; they are not my band of lunatics, though I don't agree that that particular group of young women are "lunatics", a common claim from men over the centuries when women get upset enough to actually protest vociferously.

Several posters on here have pooh poohed the death threats against lower level public servants, but are now outraged when right wing SCOTUS judges are protested against (and, yes, directly threatened)...we should be serious about all of it. We should hold those making such threats accountable, put them in jail. Far, far more serious than protests outside of homes. When those protests contain threats of violence against someone, that's when it enters a very different level...and that's not a difficult transition, unfortunately.

On judges, we've seen direct violence against judges, a son of a judge was shot when he answered her door, killer looking for the judge. Where was your outrage? We saw a POTUS repeatedly attacking judges as un-American, as traitors or otherwise undeserving to be wearing the robes because of their ethnic background...where was your outrage?

But now you are concerned about Barrett and Kavanaugh. So am I, but I'm not being a hypocrite.

Yes, Gillum was indeed a "star" at that point, clearly was a talented communicator.
I don't think I made a prediction about election outcomes, but I did note that he had the communication talents necessary for a politician in today's media driven age.

His personal flaws emerged considerably later. Those flaws tanked him politically and personally, and he may bear other consequences. I'm certainly fine with that.
... whatever his faults, Gillum would have made a better governor than Ronny DeathSantis.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:43 am

Nice try Dr Wizard. PB just smoked your candy ass. Why dont you do yourself a favor and go to your laboratory and electrocute some mice and document their suffering for your research. That should put you back in your happy place.👻
.... I see. It's a mutual ass kissing game you and KellyAnne play. :lol: :lol: :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:43 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:33 am ... more KellyAnne horsesh*t. Pro choice protesters have directed ZERO VIOLENCE towards any SCOTUS member. Not one case!!!

Cradleandshoot, jhu72, take a rest in the box.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Justice Rehnquist in his dissent to Roe made the case very clear. Abortion rights are a state issue.
Incorrect.

In that view, abortion rights are a legislative matter. Not a constitutional matter. Congress is free to legislate, as with most matters.

Personally, I have long agreed with that legal view. I also have long believed that the exact same thing applies to guns. Roe and Heller imo are both wrongly decided cases. Both unwise and incorrect activist decisions. As a legal matter, Heller is actually much worse.

The Roe majority was not partisan motivated. People forget that was a 7-2 vote with many GOP appointees in favor. In contrast, Heller was 5-4 along partisan lines (although the dissenters included RINOs Stevens and Souter). Scalia's originalist argument for the individual right is COMPLETELY destroyed by the dissents (especially Breyer's very originalist dissent). It was just a right wing political decision unsupported by the law.

Abortion would be, for example, just like the minimum wage. There is a federal legislative standard which binds the entire country. And individual states can legislate further in ways that do not conflict with the federal law.

CJ Roberts currently working furiously to preserve a federal minimum standard at 15 weeks or so (down from 23 weeks). 80% of Americans would applaud that approach.

The better fix would be to do that federal minimum legislatively. Had the Dems anticipated that this day would actually come, they coulda/shoulda passed a federal minimum standard for abortion rights as a federal trigger law. In hindsight, that would have saved the country a lot of corrosive sturm und drang.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:42 am

... whatever his faults, Gillum would have made a better governor than Ronny DeathSantis.

Really!??

You think a guy who is accused of various instances of wire fraud since 2015, a guy who chose to cheat on his wife with a male porn star, a guy who has a substance abuse problem, would make a better governor than Desantis? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Gillum would certainly never have fired old Brenda Snipes of Broward quite possibly the most inept plus corrupt elections supervisor in America. He would not have fired the South Florida Water Management board, a rubber stamp toady of big sugar.

And there’s zero doubt he would have shut down Florida like his hero’s in California and New York, causing immense financial hardship for Florida families.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I won't argue on behalf of Gillum, but DeSantis really is truly awful in so many ways that I understand the sentiment that Gillum, faults and all, might well have been "better".

Neither should have the job, though for quite different reasons, IMO.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:48 pm I won't argue on behalf of Gillum, but DeSantis really is truly awful in so many ways that I understand the sentiment that Gillum, faults and all, might well have been "better".

Neither should have the job, though for quite different reasons, IMO.

What nonsense. Desantis is the most popular Governor in America today, primed to be re-elected by a nearly 20% margin, supported by Republicans and Democrats alike. But he’s ‘awful’ to MD. :lol: :roll:

It wound seen you have an aversion to successful conservatives. Why?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:24 pm What nonsense. Desantis is the most popular Governor in America today
Not even close to true, Pete.

As of April, more than 20 Governors from both parties have a higher approval rating among voters.

MA's Charlie Baker (R) is sitting pretty at 74%.

Your man? 56%. Not even a close call...but why let that stop you?

Let's get Baker as the R nominee for 2024, since you think bipartisan approval is so important, Pete.

Return to “POLITICS”