Jared

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: Jared

Post by dislaxxic »

How does this guy attempting to set up a back channel to Russia, beyond the governments ability to monitor it, factor in here?

Gotta thwart those Deep State meddling types I guess...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:00 pm How does this guy attempting to set up a back channel to Russia, beyond the governments ability to monitor it, factor in here?

Gotta thwart those Deep State meddling types I guess...
How did we find out about it ?

Do you think maybe Mueller looked into that too ?

Where's the Kushner indictment ? Still sealed ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:29 pm
thatsmell wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:05 pm Exactly. The point is officials were aware. It's why you do the screening and answer the gov'ts questions about your past.
The whole part of avoiding being leveraged is the government KNOWING that it can happen and in this case, helping him avoid the pitfalls with in- and out-briefs.
So... you just 'warn' Jared that if he's offered foreign financing on a building US bankers won't touch, the foreign folks might want something in return???

And no worries from there?

Gee, let's have a bunch of secret meetings, no notes, no problem...
No. You follow up & ask Kushner to alert you if he's contacted by any of the foreign officials that were intercepted.
It's not that complicated. How did the IC know that foreign officials were talking about him ?
Do you think the IC stopped listening to the foreign officials ?
Do you think this might have come up during the Mueller probe if it was a concern ?
nope, given the prior lies he doesn't get the job, the clearance, period.
Not a chance.

Come on Salty, you know better.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

thatsmell wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:05 pm Exactly. The point is officials were aware. It's why you do the screening and answer the gov'ts questions about your past.
The whole part of avoiding being leveraged is the government KNOWING that it can happen and in this case, helping him avoid the pitfalls with in- and out-briefs.
So... you just 'warn' Jared that if he's offered foreign financing on a building US bankers won't touch, the foreign folks might want something in return???

MDlaxfan, what industry do you work in?
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 pm

No. You follow up & ask Kushner to alert you if he's contacted by any of the foreign officials that were intercepted.
It's not that complicated. How did the IC know that foreign officials were talking about him ?
Do you think this might have come up during the Mueller probe if it was a concern ?
Not a chance.

I know better than to swallow, without question or details, the partisan BS the MSM cranks out anytime the story includes Trump.

I want to hear from Mr Carl Kline, not his disgruntled subordinate.

I wouldn't hire Kushner, just based on experience.
That doesn't mean the risk of him having a TS clearance (without SCI) can't be managed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

thatsmell wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:27 am

Primarily technology, I currently am co-founder and help run a consumer-facing B2B2C digital company intersecting healthcare, grocery, CPG. Previously venture capital (mostly digital in healthcare, IT security, gov't services, and enterprise), corporate strategy, investment banking. I've been CEO or other C-suite of multiple tech cos, CEO of a mid-size distribution company, Chairman of a national retail and distribution co-op, Director of multiple companies, etc. Also have done some commercial real estate development and management.

why do you ask?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 pm

Not a chance.

I know better than to swallow, without question or details, the partisan BS the MSM cranks out anytime the story includes Trump.

I want to hear from Mr Carl Kline, not his disgruntled subordinate.

I wouldn't hire Kushner, just based on experience.
That doesn't mean the risk of him having a TS clearance (without SCI) can't be managed.
I think you mean the whistle blower.
By "disgruntled" you mean very worried professional.

Yes, we'd like to hear from Kline.
But do we trust a political appointee who overruled the professional process on behalf of a whole bunch of folks who couldn't otherwise get approved?
I don't.
But yes, he should be on the hot seat, under oath, to explain exactly how he arrived at each decision to overrule the professionals.

I have a little bit of experience with this, both through the companies I've invested with their personnel, and a close family member who has intermittently spent most of his professional life with TS/SCI.

Sure, for some types of work, with enough attention, risks could be mediated at the TS level. Depending on what those risks actually are. But someone with those risks still doesn't get the clearance. Period.

And this set of risks is way, way more than what would normally get a clearance blocked. I'm just talking about those we know about, eg his lying again and again on his disclosure forms about foreign contacts. Sorry, I don't buy that he didn't understand the question...each time. And the amount of financial compromise was/is extreme. No way you have someone doing personal financial deals at the same time as he's doing foreign policy negotiations.

So, no, you don't get TS, you don't get any clearance. Someone else gets the job.
Especially the job in which the clear person has enormous influence on foreign policy decisions.

And then he has meetings alone with foreign leaders, no notes?
What, is he wearing a wire so the intel folks know exactly what's being said? Got visual on each piece of paper?
Really? No problem?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:41 am I think you mean the whistle blower.

But do we trust a political appointee who overruled the professional process on behalf of a whole bunch of folks who couldn't otherwise get approved?
I don't.
But yes, he should be on the hot seat, under oath, to explain exactly how he arrived at each decision to overrule the professionals.

I have a little bit of experience with this, both through the companies I've invested with their personnel, and a close family member who has intermittently spent most of his professional life with TS/SCI.

Sure, for some types of work, with enough attention, risks could be mediated at the TS level. Depending on what those risks actually are. But someone with those risks still doesn't get the clearance. Period.

And this set of risks is way, way more than what would normally get a clearance blocked. I'm just talking about those we know about, eg his lying again and again on his disclosure forms about foreign contacts. Sorry, I don't buy that he didn't understand the question...each time. And the amount of financial compromise was/is extreme. No way you have someone doing personal financial deals at the same time as he's doing foreign policy negotiations.

So, no, you don't get TS, you don't get any clearance. Someone else gets the job.
Especially the job in which the clear person has enormous influence on foreign policy decisions.

What, is he wearing a wire so the intel folks know exactly what's being said? Got visual on each piece of paper?
Really? No problem?
Jeepers MD, that's all very interesting, but as Salty sez, "How did we find out about it"? The "way we found out" clearly indicates that there is no substance to the claims being made by this Little Person. These people in the ruling class need to be left unfettered to do the good work of the nation. Jared and his father-in-law are clearly "winners" who know how to cut deals and said deals are ALWAYS in the public interest, after all, especially those cut in the course of official government business. As determined by those two. A ginned-up "scandal", clearly caused by a disgruntled political mole in the White House really holds no credibility out here in the Court of Public Opinion, especially among those that "won" the last elections, since geez, elections have consequences an' all...

I feel reassured totally discounting this new witch hunt. Why don't you?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:19 am

Primarily technology, I currently am co-founder and help run a consumer-facing B2B2C digital company intersecting healthcare, grocery, CPG. Previously venture capital (mostly digital in healthcare, IT security, gov't services, and enterprise), corporate strategy, investment banking. I've been CEO or other C-suite of multiple tech cos, CEO of a mid-size distribution company, Chairman of a national retail and distribution co-op, Director of multiple companies, etc. Also have done some commercial real estate development and management.

why do you ask?
Very interesting background! In this case, I was just curious to know your background and depth of interaction with the DoD. People's histories here go a long way to explain their beliefs/views standpoints on a myriad of topics, and as a side benefit, it's nice to know who we've been conversing with for all these years!
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

thatsmell wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:19 am

why do you ask?
Very interesting background! In this case, I was just curious to know your background and depth of interaction with the DoD. People's histories here go a long way to explain their beliefs/views standpoints on a myriad of topics, and as a side benefit, it's nice to know who we've been conversing with for all these years!
Some DoD, some other 3 letters.
Never worked directly for any of them though.
Family have. Some companies.
They each have their own cultures and missions, but security matters are indeed taken quite seriously.

As an aside, Clinton's practices (publicly known) were found to be pretty appalling by the folks who I know. Would have likely resulted in at least administrative action (firing!) had it been one of their peers.

This stuff makes that look like the JV of sloppiness, lack of care.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:41 am I think you mean the whistle blower.

I don't.

Really? No problem?
Jeepers MD, that's all very interesting, but as Salty sez, "How did we find out about it"? The "way we found out" clearly indicates that there is no substance to the claims being made by this Little Person. These people in the ruling class need to be left unfettered to do the good work of the nation. Jared and his father-in-law are clearly "winners" who know how to cut deals and said deals are ALWAYS in the public interest, after all, especially those cut in the course of official government business. As determined by those two. A ginned-up "scandal", clearly caused by a disgruntled political mole in the White House really holds no credibility out here in the Court of Public Opinion, especially among those that "won" the last elections, since geez, elections have consequences an' all...

I feel reassured totally discounting this new witch hunt. Why don't you?

:lol:
As they would say in the Valley, "totally". ;)
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Why the Hell Isn’t Jared Kushner’s $2 Billion Saudi Payment a Big Scandal?

"Imagine what Republicans and Fox News would be doing if Hunter Biden received $2 billion from a Ukrainian government leader who was responsible for the gruesome murder of an American resident."
Whatever the past or future quid pro quos, if any, this deal stinks and demands congressional scrutiny. Allowing foreign authoritarians to shower billions of dollars upon family members of past, present, or future presidents is ethically wrong but carries a greater threat. As Ali Al-Ahmed, the director of the Institute for Gulf Affairs, wrote in the Washington Post, “The prospect of a dictator using his deep pockets to wield influence at the highest levels of the U.S. political system should be cause for serious concern and targeted action. Not all attacks on American democracy will take the shape of violent insurrections—the corruption of the Saudi-Kushner deal is an attack on democracy, too.”

Last week, 30 House members wrote to Secretary of State Antony Blinken asking for a review of US-Saudi relations. The letter read in part:
A recalibration of the U.S.-Saudi partnership is long overdue in order to reflect President Biden’s important commitment to uphold human rights and democratic values in our foreign policy. Our continued unqualified support for the Saudi monarchy, which systematically, ruthlessly represses its own citizens, targets critics all over the world, carries out a brutal war in Yemen, and bolsters authoritarian regimes throughout the Middle East and North Africa, runs counter to U.S. national interests and damages the credibility of the United States to uphold our values.
These members have the power to examine the rotten-smelling Kushner-MBS relationship that far surpasses anything that Hunter Biden could have dreamed of. If Trump does run for president, this should be a campaign issue. With his son-in-law (and daughter) benefiting from a $2 billion sweetheart deal with MBS, the transactional gain for the Saudis from a second Trump administration could be huge. Will Kushner pledge to have no role—official or unofficial—with a Trump White House in the future? If he did, would anyone believe that?

The Trump cosmos is full of grift and scandal. And what’s $2 billion compared to an attempt to overturn an election and incite violent insurrection? But in a world of never-ending Trump sleaze, this shady venture does stand out as especially egregious. At the very least, Kushner deserves the Billygate treatment.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I’ve Read Nearly All the Books by Former Trump Officials. Now We Have the Worst.

"Breaking History is the “Look, Daddy!” account of a child born on third and desperate to prove he got there on his own."

Kushner’s dilemma is the same as Trump’s. Both are sons of rich, unprincipled self-made men and are desperate to prove what can never be proven: that they, too, would have made successes of themselves even without Daddy’s help. Kushner’s marriage to Ivanka Trump compounded his problem. Obviously, he would never have had a shot at Mideast diplomacy and negotiating trade agreements if he hadn’t been Trump’s son-in-law. He was entirely unqualified to do any of it. The purpose of Breaking History is to argue that it was nevertheless America’s good luck that such a can-do fellow happened into the position to solve so many of the nation’s problems. Like Trump, Kushner is a businessman—although a businessman who started out with the massive advantage of his father’s money and connections. Like Trump, he claimed that his expertise at business brought much needed know-how and hard-headedness to government, a notion that mulishly ignores the fact that government is not a business and by necessity has a different set of norms and goals.
[snip]

This is another thing that Kushner has in common with Trump: a moral blind spot when it comes to the distinction between the values of business and the values of democratic governance. He shrugs off Trump’s notorious phone call to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky, the impetus for the president’s first impeachment, as “Trump being Trump.” When the acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, gave a press briefing in which he stated that, as Kushner puts it, “presidents regularly leverage foreign aid to extract concessions from their foreign partners,” Kushner admits that this was a “disaster,” but only because the president was under attack by Democrats and it was a “high-stakes moment where our messaging needed to be tight.” Otherwise, he observes, Mulvaney’s point was “fundamentally valid.” He doesn’t seem to understand that the actions of the president as an elected representative should never be used to benefit the president as a political candidate—that to do so is in fact fundamentally corrupt.

For this reason, despite his efforts to pass himself off as a statesman, Kushner remained a businessman dabbling in foreign relations. As a businessman—and especially as a New York real estate developer—he regards the rule of law as an impediment, not a sacred trust. For all his talk of “service,” Kushner sees the good he did the way rich people do, as philanthropy, in which he made some minor sacrifice to help the disadvantaged, a sacrifice for which he expects to receive their gratitude and plenty of praise and glory. That attorneys, elected officials, and career public servants often see themselves as committed to democratic institutions and ethical frameworks that transcend the imperatives of “success,” self-interest, or good PR never seems to occur to him. They’re just whining. He’s here to disrupt all that nonsense.
Only the best pipple my arse...

Return to “POLITICS”