Rutgers 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Rutgers 2023

Post by 10stone5 »

1766 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:58 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:43 pm neuman hasn't lived up to billing but he gets a reboot and at a minimum provides depth.

another nardello, if they find him, might have them challenging with the right personnel.
Another Nardella would be hard to find. If he was in the program now we'd probably have won a national championship. He was that good.

On the portal front, you can add Harvard goalie Mullin to the Rutgers roster.
Why didn’t they nab Zach Cole,

HOMETOWN Mount Laurel, N.J.
HIGHSCHOOL Lenape
Cole is someone who might have benefited going through
the transfer portal,
but they had such a good year, I’ll presume Cole just wants
to ride the wave.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:43 pm neuman hasn't lived up to billing but he gets a reboot and at a minimum provides depth.

another nardello, if they find him, might have them challenging with the right personnel.
Another Nardella would be hard to find. If he was in the program now we'd probably have won a national championship. He was that good.

having a v good faceoff guy helps a good bit. though i'm not sure you're clear on the definition of probably. maybe just a throwaway conversation line.

Post by 1766 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:44 pm

having a v good faceoff guy helps a good bit. though i'm not sure you're clear on the definition of probably. maybe just a throwaway conversation line.
Nardella playing make it take on a team with the offense that Rutgers has had the last two years would have been lethal. All fun discussion but we will never know the answer.

Here in the now, Mullin to RU is a great pick up. He will stabilize a position that was losing a lot with the graduation of Colin Kirst. It also allows more time to develop underclassmen.
LaxDad1967

Post by LaxDad1967 »

I wonder what happened to neuman at Yale. He got the short end of the stick with the TD transfer. Thought he would be the guy this year. Didn’t live up to the hype at all.

Post by 1766 »

LaxDad1967 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:14 pm I wonder what happened to neuman at Yale. He got the short end of the stick with the TD transfer. Thought he would be the guy this year. Didn’t live up to the hype at all.
Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery. He should will get chances to compete.

On a facility note, there are starting to be some rumblings about information coming out about the new lacrosse only stadium.
lorin

Post by lorin »

1766 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Nardella playing make it take on a team with the offense that Rutgers has had the last two years would have been lethal. All fun discussion but we will never know the answer.

Here in the now, Mullin to RU is a great pick up. He will stabilize a position that was losing a lot with the graduation of Colin Kirst. It also allows more time to develop underclassmen.
Yes I am sure the goalie that will be a junior is saying great another year to sit and learn.
Crease Crank

Post by Crease Crank »

lorin wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:38 am

Yes I am sure the goalie that will be a junior is saying great another year to sit and learn.
Probably the same thing the junior says when a freshman comes in and outperforms him…
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

The soon to be junior has already been recruited over and will never see the field at Rutgers just like he never started a game at Delbarton. Never understood his recruitment in the first place.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Asgot wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:25 am

The soon to be junior has already been recruited over and will never see the field at Rutgers just like he never started a game at Delbarton. Never understood his recruitment in the first place.
Ok I understand that one, and same goes the Sophomore?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Which goalie are you referring to? Cause none, other than Seniors burgdorf and Russo would have had a shot to play. Plus the kid from Boys Latin that’s coming in has a chance to be a freshman starter.
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

How old is Burgdorf? Still has eligibility? Won't he be 7 years out of high school for 23 season?

Post by 1766 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:00 am

Which goalie are you referring to? Cause none, other than Seniors burgdorf and Russo would have had a shot to play. Plus the kid from Boys Latin that’s coming in has a chance to be a freshman starter.
You have to think Mullin has an advantage coming in. Stoller from Boy's Latin and the goalie coming next year are the future but people are high on Stedfast too. There is no junior in the mix so I am not sure what that poster is talking about. I doubt he knows actually.

Should be a good competition though. Steel sharpens steel.

Post by 1766 »

You have to think Mullin has an advantage coming in. Stoller from Boy's Latin and the goalie coming next year are the future but people are high on Stedfast too- he's going into his soph year.

Post by 1766 »

It's his job to get better so he plays. It's the coaching staffs job to bring in the best talent possible. Just went to the final four. I know that bothers you but you will have to live with it. Or keep complaining. Either way it doesn't mean anything to anyone.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Prior NJ midfielder of the year and IL #16 recruit Connell Kumar has entered the transfer portal. Go get him Rutgers!

HIGH SCHOOL

Posted 86 career goals, 27 career assists and 27 career ground ball
2020 team captain
2019 US Lacrosse All-American and New Jersey Midfielder of the Year
Named first-team all-state in 2019 as well as first-team non-public school, first-team All-Essex County and first team All-Fitch-Pitt Conference
Named best midfielder per Paul Rabil’s Project 9
2017 Attack MVP at FCA’s “The Pursuit”
Received Msgr William J. Daley Award at Seton Hall Prep for Outstanding Senior Athlete• Listed as the No. 16 recruit in the class of 2020 by Inside Lacrosse
Three-time Under Armour Underclass Team Member for New Jersey
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

1766 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:03 pm

You have to think Mullin has an advantage coming in. Stoller from Boy's Latin and the goalie coming next year are the future but people are high on Stedfast too. There is no junior in the mix so I am not sure what that poster is talking about. I doubt he knows actually.

Who me? I am talking about soon to be Liam Gray from Delbarton who will be a junior next year and has already been recruited over and with Mullin coming in and Stoller and Wimmerhoff the next year I would imagine that Stedfast has also been recruited over as well.
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

I think with Rutgers you need to go back to Kris Alleyne to find a non transfer goalie- so situation normal there.
lorin

Post by lorin »

backerzone wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:01 am I think with Rutgers you need to go back to Kris Alleyne to find a non transfer goalie- so situation normal there.
One more year and Rutgers back to the bottom of big 10
Crease Crank

Post by Crease Crank »

lorin wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:23 am
backerzone wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:01 am I think with Rutgers you need to go back to Kris Alleyne to find a non transfer goalie- so situation normal there.
As long as they keep beating Loyola and making you miserable, I’m for it!

Post by 1766 »

lorin wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:23 am
This clown has Rutgers Derangement Syndrome. His son not getting recruited by Brecht sure did a number on him.

I am surprised he isn't in the ND, Syracuse and Georgetown threads complaining about how the transfers are taking kids spots on the team.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”