NJIT

Assistant Coach
PSU Defense
Hopkins Offense -> Crawley
Lehigh Offense
Bellarmine Offense
Maryland Offense
Michigan Offense

Former @UMichLacrosse offensive coordinator Justin Turri will become the next head coach at @StJohnsLax, sources tell IL’s @tyxanders.
Dux917

Re: Coaching Carousel-2022

Post by Dux917 »

Seems like a good hire for St. Johns. They need a "youthful" infusion to build some momentum and excitement for the program. It's a tough job and the toughest job in the Big East. School has changed in recent years but is still basically a commuter school which hurts recruiting (though it's so close to Long Island), and the facilities and resources aren't great. But if a nearby school like Hofstra can have a successful program - it's possible for St. Johns too.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Dux917 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:44 am Seems like a good hire for St. Johns. They need a "youthful" infusion to build some momentum and excitement for the program. It's a tough job and the toughest job in the Big East. School has changed in recent years but is still basically a commuter school which hurts recruiting (though it's so close to Long Island), and the facilities and resources aren't great. But if a nearby school like Hofstra can have a successful program - it's possible for St. Johns too.
Very good hire IMO. Tough part is you are fighting for LI kids that will stay home and currently SBU, LIU and Hofstra have much better facilities and program momentum. Wish him and SJU the best. If Providence and SJU can meaningfully ramp it up the entire Big East wins.
molo

Post by molo »

If his shooters are like the coach, they will have picture perfect form.
Backinshape

Post by Backinshape »

Switzerland wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:41 am 3 D-Coordinators in three years for PSU. That’s a shame. Does there become a time when it’s not the coordinator?
Pump the brakes. Toner left to become a head coach. His replacement, based on the fact that he is no longer with the program, wasn't the right fit.
Tambroni does not have a reputation for running off assistant coaches.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Wonder if Justin will give his brother Kyle a call about his D coordinator position
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Backinshape wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:51 pm
Switzerland wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:41 am 3 D-Coordinators in three years for PSU. That’s a shame. Does there become a time when it’s not the coordinator?
Pump the brakes. Toner left to become a head coach. His replacement, based on the fact that he is no longer with the program, wasn't the right fit.
Toner did ‘leave’ to become a head coach. Tone ‘was left,’ there was no announcement, and then he got the Gettysburg job.
LongIslandLacks

Post by LongIslandLacks »

Dux917 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:44 am Seems like a good hire for St. Johns. They need a "youthful" infusion to build some momentum and excitement for the program. It's a tough job and the toughest job in the Big East. School has changed in recent years but is still basically a commuter school which hurts recruiting (though it's so close to Long Island), and the facilities and resources aren't great. But if a nearby school like Hofstra can have a successful program - it's possible for St. Johns too.
Gain for St. John’s. Tough loss for Michigan.
lilax

Post by lilax »

There still is a lot of movement to happen.

Head Coach
Providence -> Benson
St. John’s -> Turri
Bryant
NJIT
UMass Lowell

Assistant Coach
Bellarmine Offense
Canisius Offense
Lehigh Offense
LIU Offense
Maryland Offense
Michigan Offense
PSU Defense
Providence Offense
Providence Defense
St. John's Offense
St. John's Defense
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Switzerland wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:46 pm
Toner did ‘leave’ to become a head coach. Tone ‘was left,’ there was no announcement, and then he got the Gettysburg job.
How long had Toner been at PSU? 11 years. So Toner was there for 11 years, his replacement was there for one year, and all of sudden Tambroni is the problem? If the next D Coordinator is there for a year, ok. But acting like Tambroni is a problem because he failed at replacing his 11 year assistant is a big stretch.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There’s the implication of your prior statement and the literal text. Nobody cares about the literal text as it has no real value. The implication made is wrong so no point in fighting to be right.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:34 pm Wonder if Justin will give his brother Kyle a call about his D coordinator position
I can’t speak for all hobart fans but I know a number that haven’t been impressed with his work in Geneva. Seems pretty clear Hirsch is definitely a better D coordinator.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:42 am
There’s the implication of your prior statement and the literal text. Nobody cares about the literal text as it has no real value. The implication made is wrong so no point in fighting to be right.
I like Penn State, and I hope they right the ship from two disappointing covid years. I don't think the eleven-year coordination left to be a head coach. I think he left (we can debate/speculate circumstances), then became a head coach. My original point was curious: if they don't get it back on track this year or next, will the admins start looking at him?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Switzerland wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:37 am
I like Penn State, and I hope they right the ship from two disappointing covid years. I don't think the eleven-year coordination left to be a head coach. I think he left (we can debate/speculate circumstances), then became a head coach. My original point was curious: if they don't get it back on track this year or next, will the admins start looking at him?
That’s a penn state thread issue. Was discussed as nauseam earlier this year
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:44 am
That’s a penn state thread issue. Was discussed as nauseam earlier this year
Sorry, pal. Seemed like a coaching carousel question too.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

which coaches have had the most success getting ex players becoming assistants and having assistants become head coaches. in the nfl andy reid and in the nba popovich seem to be the best at getting assistants full time jobs.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

There still is a lot of movement to happen.

Head Coach
Providence -> Benson
St. John’s -> Turri
Bryant->Ross
NJIT
UMass Lowell

Assistant Coach
Bellarmine Offense
Canisius Offense
Lehigh Offense
LIU Offense
Maryland Offense
Michigan Offense
PSU Defense
Providence Offense
Providence Defense
St. John's Offense
St. John's Defense
Navy Offense
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

More on Ross taking the Bryant job - some good coaches (Benson to PC too) now headed to Rhode Island....

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... oach/59863
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

This is inaccurate.
Last edited by InsiderRoll on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

InsiderRoll wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:44 pm
This is in accurate.
O Kay 🤷‍♂️

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”