January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by LandM »

Yep - and unfortunately very few people who hate the guy are willing to move on. Move on dude - seriously move on - we have bigger challenges in this country then a jack-wad - move on and go do something productive in society - he is NOT worth it.
LandM

Post by LandM »

CU - I have a brother from another mother in Arlington - want to go see him with me? Big F'ing whoop - cry a river man - on the way I stop by and see two others - and then I go to Sugerland to see my other brother who my son is named after - your tax dollars and politicians put then there - want to go on my tour? I will pay. The dude died of natural causes - mine did not - I am buying.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Yep - and unfortunately very few people who hate the guy are willing to move on. Move on dude - seriously move on - we have bigger challenges in this country then a jack-wad - move on and go do something productive in society - he is NOT worth it.
Holding a very powerful man accountable for an attempted coup is not something anyone should move on from until he is held accountable.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Andersen wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 am
Holding a very powerful man accountable for an attempted coup is not something anyone should move on from until he is held accountable.
Why should anyone care if a POTUS uses the office to attempt a coup? Happens in the Congo all the time. It didn’t work, folks should move on.
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Andersen wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 am
+1. Succinct and to the point. And not likely to make even a small dent.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Although I agree with you - 200% - you have had in the history of this country extremely powerful people who have never been held to account. I am sure we can hopefully agree on a few. I will refrain from names as that will create a focus.

He will never be held to account as he will lawyer up. 74 million people voted for him as they wanted hope and change - he brought neither. I voted for Obama and I did not get that either.

In my travels, people would like to move on. IMHO we live in a great country - we have extremely forgiving people, gracious people. We have issues and we seem to overcome them. The cra$ I read in the news and out here - sad because that is not what people think in my travels. But that is my opinion.
LandM

Post by LandM »

We are NOT the CONGO - do you even know where it is on a map? We are NOT a third world country - but keep trying. Keep trying.....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:55 am Although I agree with you - 200% - you have had in the history of this country extremely powerful people who have never been held to account. I am sure we can hopefully agree on a few. I will refrain from names as that will create a focus.

He will never be held to account as he will lawyer up. 74 million people voted for him as they wanted hope and change - he brought neither. I voted for Obama and I did not get that either.

In my travels, people would like to move on. IMHO we live in a great country - we have extremely forgiving people, gracious people. We have issues and we seem to overcome them. The cra$ I read in the news and out here - sad because that is not what people think in my travels. But that is my opinion.
We do have a great country and fortunately the coup attempt failed, but those who need to "move on" are not those who'd like to see him held to account, but rather those who are pining for and preparing for his return to power and/or a lookalike like DeSantis. Unfortunately, they are very much Not willing to "move on".

And therein lies the problem with not holding him, and those who enabled him, to account.

Sure, the country has enormous other issues to solve or resolve, but absent a functioning democracy and the rule of law, what is America?
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD,
He will NEVER get elected again. It is NOT going to happen. Look at GA and that should tell you all you need to know. His comeuppance is GA. GA was his Pickett's charge if you know history - that loss was pretty key to our history and mostly that charge was GA personnel. I have a long history in that state including two counties named after relatives.

You have hated the dude from your first post about him. Not sure if he took your ball and kicked sand in your face but you have been all over him like flies - not sure of your history with him but he is not worth it.

BTW, at 18 I did take an oath to support and defend the Constitution - seen many things in my life. I am guessing the ardent posters have not - that is ok. Not happy about the situation - just being realistic. Took Epstein how long for that cell? Trump will be dead from natural causes.

I really do not know where you all live or travel. People are tired - they are tired of divineness, inflation, arguing, BLM, attacks, crime, politicians, and the list goes on........and we ARE NOT Congo - just a ridiculous stupid thing to say.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:09 pm
LandM wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:55 am Although I agree with you - 200% - you have had in the history of this country extremely powerful people who have never been held to account. I am sure we can hopefully agree on a few. I will refrain from names as that will create a focus.

We do have a great country and fortunately the coup attempt failed, but those who need to "move on" are not those who'd like to see him held to account, but rather those who are pining for and preparing for his return to power and/or a lookalike like DeSantis. Unfortunately, they are very much Not willing to "move on".

And therein lies the problem with not holding him, and those who enabled him, to account.

Sure, the country has enormous other issues to solve or resolve, but absent a functioning democracy and the rule of law, what is America?
That's the crux for me too, MD...i'd be happy to see Don's "sentence" (if he's ever tried) involve an open letter to the country wherein he admits he lied about "the steal", that he owns up to the way his inveterate lies have - and still are - damaging our country mucho gusto. Just look at all the looney tune MAGAts out there changing voting laws, changing the way elections are administered...all based on trumpty's BIG LIE. It's called a Big Lie for a reason...it's unlike his other run-of-the-mill daily lies...

"Those that ignore the past are doomed to repeat it."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

LandM wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:00 pm We are NOT the CONGO - do you even know where it is on a map? We are NOT a third world country - but keep trying. Keep trying.....
What do you think third world means and how did it get that meaning?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
LandM

Post by LandM »

I will let you tell me where your travels have taken you. Then I will answer.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:09 pm

That's the crux for me too, MD...i'd be happy to see Don's "sentence" (if he's ever tried) involve an open letter to the country wherein he admits he lied about "the steal", that he owns up to the way his inveterate lies have - and still are - damaging our country mucho gusto. Just look at all the looney tune MAGAts out there changing voting laws, changing the way elections are administered...all based on trumpty's BIG LIE. It's called a Big Lie for a reason...it's unlike his other run-of-the-mill daily lies...

"Those that ignore the past are doomed to repeat it."

In the event some here are unfamiliar with what the “big lie” means and where Flubber most likely learned it.

“The OSS psychological profile of Hitler described his use of the big lie:

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.”

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jo ... g-lie-quot
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
LandM

Post by LandM »

Living in fear is not a positive way to live - but if that is how you and others want to live - go for it!
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:55 am In my travels, people would like to move on.
In order for this to happen, the Republican party needs to take its party back, and start voting for real, serious American conservatives in their primaries...instead of demagogues trying to come up with the most outrageous, stupid thing on twitter.

We are DYING for those conservatives to arrive in DC, and start governing honestly. THAT is what these Jan 6th hearings are about...that day was full on insane. And the Republicans need to turn their back on it, as they did the insanity that was Richard Nixon.

That hasn't happened yet, LandM. When it does? We can put Trump behind us. Because others are right....we have still have Presidential front runners like DeSantis, who thinks that it's perfectly reasonable to punish American businesses who don't bow before a governor's power, using taxpayer money. He's TrumpLite. We need to destroy these idiots, and get real, actual, honest (the key) conservatives in power. Our country needs them.

See: DeSantis' treatment of DisneyLand, and now the Tampa Bay Rays. This is insanely dangerous behavior.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Has anyone seen a list of these traitors?

Why would a Member of Congress who did nothing wrong ask for a pardon?
ggait

Post by ggait »

This is projection at an epic level. Tucker turned it up to 12:

“This is the only hour on an American news channel that will not be carrying their propaganda live,” Carlson said, comparing the hearing to the stuff you might see in “totalitarian regimes.”

“They are lying, and we will not let them do it.”

Propaganda. Lies. Totalitarian regime methods.

He thinks that applies to Liz Cheney. But not DOPUS and FNC.

SMH.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:15 pm
LandM wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:55 am In my travels, people would like to move on.
In order for this to happen, the Republican party needs to take its party back, and start voting for real, serious American conservatives in their primaries...instead of demagogues trying to come up with the most outrageous, stupid thing on twitter.

We are DYING for those conservatives to arrive in DC, and start governing honestly. THAT is what these Jan 6th hearings are about...that day was full on insane. And the Republicans need to turn their back on it, as they did the insanity that was Richard Nixon.

That hasn't happened yet, LandM. When it does? We can put Trump behind us. Because others are right....we have still have Presidential front runners like DeSantis, who thinks that it's perfectly reasonable to punish American businesses who don't bow before a governor's power, using taxpayer money. He's TrumpLite. We need to destroy these idiots, and get real, actual, honest (the key) conservatives in power. Our country needs them.

See: DeSantis' treatment of DisneyLand, and now the Tampa Bay Rays. This is insanely dangerous behavior.
Frankly, it is impossible to "move on" from something that is still happening, still metastasizing across the country. Boebert, Gaetz, Greene, Gohmert, Biggs, Gosar, Banks, Stefanik, Brooks, Ron Johnson, Marsha Blackburn -- we can't "move on" from members of Congress who literally supported the effort to prevent the peaceful and legally proper transfer of power. And the effort continues with "replacement theory" candidates all across the primary ballots in this country. Republicans don't want to govern, and aren't lining up people who do, or can. It's a moron meetinghouse.

Look up Blake Masters, JD Vance, Eric Greitens. It's not getting better. Imploring us to "move on" only means one of two things: you support anti-democratic politicians and candidates and the Big Lie, or you don't understand that the foundation of every other characteristic and quality that makes the nation "great" is reverence for the rule of law and republican democracy. It doesn't matter what "Americans" at various rest stops and campgrounds might want.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:00 pm We are NOT the CONGO - do you even know where it is on a map? We are NOT a third world country - but keep trying. Keep trying.....
We have been trying.
“I wish you would!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

afan,
Please note that I am NOT a Republican - I am an Independent. I try and select the best candidate for the job - hence my frustration in voting in NY. I have attempted for two years in a row to switch to voting in CO, "Telluride Time". It is not as easy as some posters have made it out to be. This winter, I am going to switch to FL before we hit CO. That seems easier.

The focus on Trump - is crazy. He will never win another election again, even dog catcher. What happened at the capital is nutz but no one died from it - seriously one guy has a heart attack and others off themselves yet the world is falling apart. Do you and others honestly believe that this country would have fallen for what he was trying to do? Honestly do you think that would have happened. The two lawyers out here have yet to understand that the clown will continue with the antics because he is lawyered up - there profession. Maybe we should get on par with the rest of the world and have the same percentage of lawyers per capita.

Fear mongering is sad - you got guys out here calling people Facists, Hitler, Nazis and they do that as they have nothing to counter with. Racist country - seriously - you believe that? If you or others honestly believe that then you have NOT traveled this country. Sorry!

I

Return to “POLITICS”