Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
watcherinthewoods

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by watcherinthewoods »

What she has working for her is speed and athleticism ... and the fact that the field hockey has lost many of the top athletes in the last generation to soccer and lax in the US. USA FH has had some rocky times as of late and is trying to rebuild. It looks like quite a few kids she played with/against in HS are on the roster.

Working against her will obviously be the time off and the prevalence of European players on roster who tend to specialize in FH early.

Ange Bradley is one the best coaches in D1 FH.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

10 known players in the portal. The article states there are at least 60, but I'm guessing those could be for future years, not just this upcoming season. Five of the ten listed are graduate transfers and there are 2 goalies.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... -far/59846
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Warehime! Wow!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Lamparter. Only a sophomore. Very surprised. Please look at Syracuse? Please?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:27 pm Lamparter. Only a sophomore. Very surprised. Please look at Syracuse? Please?
She might go there! Isn't she a Mt. Sinai, LI kid - Tyrell sisters....connection.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yup. Mt. Sinai. Was also a high school teammate of Jenny Markey’s.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:51 pm
Warehime! Wow!
Maryland kid. Does she come home?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

user1020 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:13 pm
Warehime! Wow!
She’d be deadly in a Maryland offense.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:56 pm
Warehime! Wow!
She is good off ball, a good finisher, not a great creator, she doesn't fit what the Terps need to replace Cordingley
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

suffolk wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:01 pm
Warehime! Wow!
She is good off ball, a good finisher, not a great creator, she doesn't fit what the Terps need to replace Cordingley
Agreed. But I’m not talking about replacing Cordingly. The offense is based on movement, working together, well timed cuts and good shooting. Maryland will find a feeder, and may already have a good one in Clevenger. Warehime would fit nicely, I think.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:04 pm
suffolk wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:01 pm
Warehime! Wow!
Agreed. But I’m not talking about replacing Cordingly. The offense is based on movement, working together, well timed cuts and good shooting. Maryland will find a feeder, and may already have a good one in Clevenger. Warehime would fit nicely, I think.
She would fit well except Maryland is probably looking for someone to operate behind the cage and not above GLE like Warehime would.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Laxfan500 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:29 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:27 pm Lamparter. Only a sophomore. Very surprised. Please look at Syracuse? Please?
She might go there! Isn't she a Mt. Sinai, LI kid - Tyrell sisters....connection.
Yes that worked out for Hannah 🙄
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

What's showing a step in the right direction is the fact that the Inside Lacrosse article on the transfer portal was ACTUALLY WRITTEN! The interest in the women's game is growing and media coverage should mirror men's coverage. I don't remember ever seeing this subject written about women before. Encouraging.
Old Bay addict

Post by Old Bay addict »

Warehime! Wow!
Watched her most every weekend during club years. Talented off ball finisher with a high IQ. Portal move not surprising as I can’t see how she did not get back into the Carolina rotation after coming back from injury this year?

I’m sure she is getting a lot of interest, but Maryland makes a lot of sense
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Old Bay addict wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:08 am
Warehime! Wow!
Watched her most every weekend during club years. Talented off ball finisher with a high IQ. Portal move not surprising as I can’t see how she did not get back into the Carolina rotation after coming back from injury this year?

Probably not satisfied with her playing time this year but can’t imagine she wouldn’t start every game next year for UNC with all of their graduations
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

user1020 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:09 am
Warehime! Wow!

Probably not satisfied with her playing time this year but can’t imagine she wouldn’t start every game next year for UNC with all of their graduations
True. She had a shoulder injury that sidelined her earlier in the season and I'm not sure if she reaggravated it later on or she got lost in the rotation as other players stepped up in her initial absence. She was still elected as a captain for the season which just shows that regardless of playing time her teammates and the coaching staff still held her in high regard. I agree, I think she would have gotten ample PT this season with the graduations but maybe she does just want to be closer to home? No idea what her post-bacc plans are, but if, for example, she is recruited to UMD by Cathy Reese, her full tuition would be cheaper than attending a 5th year at UNC on a half-scholarship. Don't know if money is an issue either, but who knows? Maybe she goes even further from home to Clemson and brings some senior leadership there?
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Warehime! Wow!

Agree. I believe UNC loses 5 of their top 6 scorers and has a complete dearth of experience at attack returning - unless they reload via the transfer portal.

It is going to be interesting to see what, if any, consequences there are for teams that have been heavy on the transfer portal the last couple of years. I could certainly see where it impacts recruiting and decisions of existing players who decide to transfer after getting bumped for a transfer.

IMO, you will see a good amount of movement with goalies each year due to the scarcity of top goalies and the reality that there is only one goalie on the field.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

@inthe8m wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:28 am
Warehime! Wow!

Agree. I believe UNC loses 5 of their top 6 scorers and has a complete dearth of experience at attack returning - unless they reload via the transfer portal.

It is going to be interesting to see what, if any, consequences there are for teams that have been heavy on the transfer portal the last couple of years. I could certainly see where it impacts recruiting and decisions of existing players who decide to transfer after getting bumped for a transfer.

IMO, you will see a good amount of movement with goalies each year due to the scarcity of top goalies and the reality that there is only one goalie on the field.
It will be interesting to see, but I think even without transfers UNC's losses this season were always going to be significant because of that 2018 class + Moreno. Losing Aldave and Geiersbach definitely makes an already large loss larger. Kind of like what Maryland lost after 2019
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

There are now five Terps that I know of in the portal.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”