Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/08/politics ... index.html

I wonder if he was armed with sticks.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:00 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:54 am [q

Were those guns used against tyrants?
aren't you the guy handing out "tryrant" badges :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Did you get a job from your friend, the admitted rapist? Does your wife know about this friend, and his past...or do you go on vacations together :arrow: :arrow:
What up Holden!

I am going to sit you back in the corner, Jack. I miss you, sport. Take care of that ticker. Going off to see the Wizard may or may not help.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Here in NYS butt puffers support the state with a tax around 5 dollars a pack. You want to deny your FLP brethren that gravy train money?? All the butt puffers here in Upstate NY take the ride down the thruway to buy their cancer sticks at the Indian rez. Selling butt sticks to American citizens at dirt cheap prices is poetic justice to native Americans. They don't have to charge state taxes on their product...
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:20 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:02 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:30 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:19 am https://wham1180.iheart.com/featured/bo ... -new-york/

Bob hits the nail square on the head. Democrats will pass ANY gun legislation even when they know it will not work. When you ask them to deal with illegal guns and repeat felons... well their arseholes pucker up like a snare drum... FTR Hochul had to do something. What she did does not address criminals in possession of illegal weapons. The odd fact is that gun hating democRATs don't wanna touch that pesky little problem with a 10 foot pole.
You only complain, ever. How about you give the rest of us your solution to the problems of "illegal guns and repeat felons." All ears.
I'm complaining about it because to the best of my knowledge I am the only person doing so. There is a local reporter in Rochester named Berkely Brean. He is an investigative reporter for channel 10 NBC news. He has been digging for awhile now asking the same damn question I have been asking... why is it no law enforcement agencies, local or federal are not doing something about the problem? The local police will not tell him jack diddly chit about where there investigations are. The ATF agents are even less forthright in telling people what they are investigating. If your ALL EARS counselor then why are you not concerned about the lack of transparency on this issue?? If you effing read Mr Lonsberrys article he makes the point of discussion crystal clear. It should not take an effing rocket scientist to back track WHERE the convicted felon purchased the gun and how it found its way into NYS, where the strictest gun controls in the USA live. 10 people are murdered by a white racist in Buffalo and everybody wants justice and gun control. A 16 year old black girl is murdered at a birthday party, just one more of the daily carnage committed with ILLEGAL EFFING WEAPONS and you have the audacity to b***h at me for pointing that troublesome little fact to you. You need to grow some bigger balls counselor and look at the ENTIRE BIG PICTURE.

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york ... m/6487505/

So Mr Coaster, if you can read this report from Mr Brean and not be ticked off... tell me why it doesn't matter?? It matters to the black pastors in Rochester who deal with this death and carnage every damn day. Maybe now you can understand WHY I am so angry about the scourge of illegal weapons and why nobody is doing anything about it... :evil:
Again, I asked what solutions you might have in mind, having given this so very much thought. And you repeat the grievance with the compulsory capital letters and directive to me to grow a bigger set. Do you have anything other than your complaints to offer? Hochul appears to have done what is politically doable. Pretend you are advising the Governor: what now can we do about the scourge of illegal guns and urban gun violence?
What can I pretend to tell you??? The local police in Rochester NY and the ATF feds won't discuss with a local reporter what the deal is with their investigation into ILLEGAL WEAPONS. The solution is not rocket science counselor. Answer for me why law enforcement on the local and federal level will not say diddly jack chit about the issue? Tracking an ILLEGAL WEAPON found on a criminal after it is used in a murder starts with the alleged murderer informing law enforcement where the weapon was purchased. We are as a nation willing to move heaven and earth to prevent and limit law abiding citizens from purchasing AR 15 type weapons. When it comes to dealing with the preponderance of ILLEGAL WEAPONS being smuggled into urban American cities, nobody in law enforcement gives a chit about that. If I am advising Governor Hochul my question to her is very simple... WHAT IS YOUR PLAN???? She has made it very clear what measures she will implement to prevent the purchase of AR15 weapons by 18 year olds. She has said NOTHING about how she will address the issue of ILLEGAL WEAPONS that are as easy to purchase as a pack of bubble gum. Those are the same ILLEGAL WEAPONS being used to kill people night after night after night after night after night in Urban cities. These murders just never garner the same attention when 10 people are murdered in a grocery store in Buffalo or a school in Texas. The victims all have one thing in common counselor... they are all equally grave yard dead....
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Katie Porter Demolishes Conservative Stooge's Lies During Gun Control Debate

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Retired Marine's gun control video goes viral. Hear his solution on gun violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dGaLRsgofQ

I did not know that the Marines control guns on base; for people trained to use these weapons.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:24 pm
Your probably right...who cares about dead black kids... :roll: I know you don't.
Really stupid, offensive post C&S. Over the line.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:56 am Retired Marine's gun control video goes viral. Hear his solution on gun violence.

I did not know that the Marines control guns on base; for people trained to use these weapons.
One additional point to this Marine's comments that he didn't make, perhaps because Marine posts are different from Army posts:

At least at Army posts, in addition to the restriction on certain ranks to having personally owned weapons stored where they reside the Army only issues military weapons at the time of deployment, and the first thing done upon return after deployment is the return of the weapon to a secure location. Soldiers don't have M4s available to them at their convenience.
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:40 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:56 am Retired Marine's gun control video goes viral. Hear his solution on gun violence.

One additional point to this Marine's comments that he didn't make, perhaps because Marine posts are different from Army posts:

At least at Army posts, in addition to the restriction on certain ranks to having personally owned weapons stored where they reside the Army only issues military weapons at the time of deployment, and the first thing done upon return after deployment is the return of the weapon to a secure location. Soldiers don't have M4s available to them at their convenience.
Old Salt taught me about this after the (I think..there are so many) Ft. Hood shooting. As a civilian, I always assumed that all the soldiers on a base were armed. And seeing as how so much stuff is there to take.....planes, bombs, weapons, etc......I still don't understand why everyone isn't armed.

But they're not. Pretty crazy that even the US military thinks it's more dangerous than not to have armed soldiers on a (?) military base. Weird.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:31 pm
Your probably right...who cares about dead black kids... :roll: I know you don't.
Really stupid, offensive post C&S. Over the line.
Much more stupid on your part that you don't understand the reality of black youths being shot dead on the streets where they live. I point it out and you get offended. It is not over the line counselor, I'm just pointing out reality. Why is it counselor nobody seems to care about these deaths and sadder yet, why nobody is doing anything to stop the carnage?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:26 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:40 pm

Old Salt taught me about this after the (I think..there are so many) Ft. Hood shooting. As a civilian, I always assumed that all the soldiers on a base were armed. And seeing as how so much stuff is there to take.....planes, bombs, weapons, etc......I still don't understand why everyone isn't armed.

But they're not. Pretty crazy that even the US military thinks it's more dangerous than not to have armed soldiers on a (?) military base. Weird.
+1 a fan. The only time my unit drew weapons is when our training mission required us to carry them. When we got back to our barracks our first priority was to turn in our weapons. Nobody was released from duty until all weapons were turned in and accounted for.
Typical Lax Dad

You are the guy that says “nobody cares”. Just pointing out that someone seems to care. What black kids have you helped personally? I have a long list, Clint.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:13 pm
You are the guy that says “nobody cares”. Just pointing out that someone seems to care. What black kids have you helped personally? I have a long list, Clint.
He doesn’t read. He doesn’t learn. He just assumes consistent with the stupid far right boils infecting his brain. Totally offensive post.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:13 pm
He doesn’t read. He doesn’t learn. He just assumes consistent with the stupid far right boils infecting his brain. Totally offensive post.
He is an old dinosaur not long for this planet.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180976211/
ggait

Post by ggait »

Many cops do something similar.

Most cops carry their guns off duty. But when the blue have a get together (which they do a lot), they will leave their weapons at home. Last thing you want is to have a whole bunch of guns available when a bunch of guys (often inebriated) start mixing it up with other over stupid stuff. Many cop bars collect service weapons upon entry.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:50 pm
Many cops do something similar.

Most cops carry their guns off duty. But when the blue have a get together (which they do a lot), they will leave their weapons at home. Last thing you want is to have a whole bunch of guns available when a bunch of guys (often inebriated) start mixing it up with other over stupid stuff. Many cop bars collect service weapons upon entry.
This bagel shop should have done the same….

https://www.ctpost.com/news/amp/Bridgep ... 071216.php

I stopped by that place a ton of times. Cops always sitting around BS’ing. Good bagels. Bad coffee.

Return to “POLITICS”