January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Brooklyn »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:44 pm So "democracy" is a "FLP principle"?

Well, you know how it is with so many of these radical right wingers. To them right wing dictatorship is the ideal form of government. Democracy is, somehow, undesirable or unAmerican. Their thoughts are delusionalism at best but it's what they live for.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ggait

Post by ggait »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:32 am The January 6 Committee Doesn’t Need New “Bombshells.” We Already Know What Happened.
...the efforts to overturn the election by Trump and his allies were multi-faceted and disorganized. Some were dangerous and illegal; others represented the craziness of the Trump presidency and its disconnect from reality. Imposing the desire for a neat Hollywood ending sets what is likely an unrealistic expectation for a presidency that ended the same way it began: full of chaos and public plots to subvert democracy.

Waiting for new bombshells risks overlooking what we already know. And that helps Trump’s defenders move the goal posts. The defeated president and his allies want you to think January 6 was only bad if some worse conspiracy is revealed.

Agree that we already know enough and know (basically) what happened. In any normal world, DOPUS would have been impeachment convicted and would be spending his time mulling his chances of being indicted rather than mulling his 2024 run for the GOP nomination. As it is, 57 votes for conviction in the Senate is really bad. As Mitch McConnell (who was for impeachment before he was against it) and Chris Christie so aptly put it -- "if this isn't impeachable, I don't know what is."

The one part of the coup plot that has blown my mind, however, is the extent to which members of the bar led this bat shirt crazy illegal plot. Put aside the sleazy whack jobs like Giuliani, the Kraken and Jenna Ellis. It stuns me that real lawyers with serious legal jobs/credentials were in on this crazy illegality -- Jeffrey Clark, John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, and dozens of lawyer/legislators in Congress and at the state level. How any of them still hold a law license beggars belief.

Tells you something when pretty much everyone at the WH counsel office and DOJ showed up to work every day with their resignation letter in their coat pocket so it would be available at a moments notice. And that we have to depend on such noteworthy toadies as Mike Pence, Dan Quayle and Bill Barr to save the Republic.

I mean, what could be worse than what we already know?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"The one part of the coup plot that has blown my mind, however, is the extent to which members of the bar led this bat shirt crazy illegal plot. Put aside the sleazy whack jobs like Giuliani, the Kraken and Jenna Ellis. It stuns me that real lawyers with serious legal jobs/credentials were in on this crazy illegality -- Jeffrey Clark, John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, and dozens of lawyer/legislators in Congress and at the state level. How any of them still hold a law license beggars belief."

Yup. Astonishing.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:02 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:44 pm So "democracy" is a "FLP principle"?

Well, you know how it is with so many of these radical right wingers. To them right wing dictatorship is the ideal form of government. Democracy is, somehow, undesirable or unAmerican. Their thoughts are delusionalism at best but it's what they live for.

An FLP lunatic attempted to murder Brett Kavanaugh last night. Weird that the Fanlax FLP aren’t commenting.

Just so we understand, are all Democrats insurrectionist-y anti-‘rule of law’ now? Isn’t that how this works?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:15 pm
An FLP lunatic attempted to murder Brett Kavanaugh last night. Weird that the Fanlax FLP aren’t commenting.

Just so we understand, are all Democrats insurrectionist-y anti-‘rule of law’ now? Isn’t that how this works?

'Rule of law' ~ gee, where have I heard that before?

Aha! Now I remember ~ a certain right wing delusional said that a ruler overseas had accumulated a massive amount of WMD, had 45 minute attack capability, and was on the verge of launching a tidal wave of attacks upon the USA and the West. How or why he would attack Chicago, Minneapolis, Des Moines, and other cities without being stopped at the borders in Europe was never explained. But somehow right wing delusionals defended that treasonous nitwit and stood by as one million innocents were killed by this right wing "hero". In fact when I condemned him on other websites my life was threatened for daring to challenge his "credibility". How could anyone be so stupid as to believe the words of a treasonous coward like that, I shall never know. But that's right wing delusionalism for you.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:05 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:15 pm

'Rule of law' ~ gee, where have I heard that before?

Aha! Now I remember ~ a certain right wing delusional said that a ruler overseas had accumulated a massive amount of WMD, had 45 minute attack capability, and was on the verge of launching a tidal wave of attacks upon the USA and the West. How or why he would attack Chicago, Minneapolis, Des Moines, and other cities without being stopped at the borders in Europe was never explained. But somehow right wing delusionals defended that treasonous nitwit and stood by as one million innocents were killed by this right wing "hero". In fact when I condemned him on other websites my life was threatened for daring to challenge his "credibility". How could anyone be so stupid as to believe the words of a treasonous coward like that, I shall never know. But that's right wing delusionalism for you.

You seem to become more and more out of touch with reality with each passing day. :lol: :lol:

Joe
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:45 pm "The one part of the coup plot that has blown my mind, however, is the extent to which members of the bar led this bat shirt crazy illegal plot. Put aside the sleazy whack jobs like Giuliani, the Kraken and Jenna Ellis. It stuns me that real lawyers with serious legal jobs/credentials were in on this crazy illegality -- Jeffrey Clark, John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, and dozens of lawyer/legislators in Congress and at the state level. How any of them still hold a law license beggars belief."

Yup. Astonishing.
Dems have contested Trump's legitimacy from before the 2016 election to this day. I believe that the "mostly peaceful" crowd was purposely let into the building to disrupt the objection to seating the electors, which worked brilliantly BTW.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:45 pm "The one part of the coup plot that has blown my mind, however, is the extent to which members of the bar led this bat shirt crazy illegal plot. Put aside the sleazy whack jobs like Giuliani, the Kraken and Jenna Ellis. It stuns me that real lawyers with serious legal jobs/credentials were in on this crazy illegality -- Jeffrey Clark, John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, and dozens of lawyer/legislators in Congress and at the state level. How any of them still hold a law license beggars belief."

Yup. Astonishing.
Dems have contested Trump's legitimacy from before the 2016 election to this day. I believe that the "mostly peaceful" crowd was purposely let into the building to disrupt the objection to seating the electors, which worked brilliantly BTW.
Complete and total nonsense, in every way and from every direction. No one contested the vote count in favor of the Moron. People contested the tactics of overtly involving a foreign government and historical enemy, and the use of digital misinformation attacks n are he election cycle, as it relates to Trump. And your “theory” about January 6 is delusional, particularly given what we now know about the antecedent efforts to delegitimize the election, get Pence to violate the law, and send faux electors to Congress. Laughable.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:40 pm
You seem to become more and more out of touch with reality with each passing day. :lol: :lol:

Joe
Oh really? By any chance have you found your imaginary WMD yet? It's only been 20 years so that should be enough time for you to find them.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:22 pm
get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:54 pm

Yup. Astonishing.
Complete and total nonsense, in every way and from every direction. No one contested the vote count in favor of the Moron. People contested the tactics of overtly involving a foreign government and historical enemy, and the use of digital misinformation attacks n are he election cycle, as it relates to Trump. And your “theory” about January 6 is delusional, particularly given what we now know about the antecedent efforts to delegitimize the election, get Pence to violate the law, and send faux electors to Congress. Laughable.
... agreed. There is no comparison between the democrat's behavior after Orange Duce's election and the republiCON's after Biden's.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
ALERT: Michigan GOP gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley is arrested in US Capitol breach case

Kelley is accused of gesturing crowd to move forward on the grounds on Jan 6

Charging docs detail his feature role in Nov 2020 Michigan "Stop the Steal rally"

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 0371012610
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

HOLY CRAPOLY! Donald Trump is getting his butt kicked BIG TIME in the first half hour of this hearing!

They're heading straight for...and IMMEDIATELY...for his exposed jugular...

Jeebus!
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:38 pm HOLY CRAPOLY! Donald Trump is getting his butt kicked BIG TIME in the first half hour of this hearing!

They're heading straight for...and IMMEDIATELY...for his exposed jugular...

Jeebus!
Settle down fella. That kind of excitement should be saved for when your alone with a hot babe! :lol: :lol:

Joe
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ALERT: Michigan GOP gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley is arrested in US Capitol breach case

Throw away the key!

ggait

Post by ggait »

HOLY CRAPOLY! Donald Trump is getting his butt kicked BIG TIME in the first half hour of this hearing!
Not on Fox News.

First, FNC didn't even show the hearings.

Second, when I tuned in Laura Ingraham she was playing the story of a demonstrator who was in the Capital on 1/6 and who had pleaded guilty. And who then committed suicide while awaiting sentencing (which sentence would have been pretty light). And then was ranting about how the Dems were embarassing themselves. And how the only reason the hearings were going on was as a lame attempt to do better in the mid-terms.

If all you watch is FNC, then that narrative is going to be completely believed.

Total bonkers -- but gal of the people Laura (Dartmouth + UVA Law + SCOTUS clerkship) is laughing all the way to the bank.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I'm not an AOC fan generally. But when you're right, you're right:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
Was it Clyde? Gosar? Gaetz? Jordan? Boebert? Greene? Others? Please remind us
@HouseGOP
- which of your current sitting members sought pardons after the attack?

In addition to
@RepScottPerry
of course
9:27 PM · Jun 9, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Can't wait to hear Perry try to deny this. That Liz Cheney is a badass.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:44 pm
Not on Fox News.

First, FNC didn't even show the hearings.

Second, when I tuned in Laura Ingraham she was playing the story of a demonstrator who was in the Capital on 1/6 and who had pleaded guilty. And who then committed suicide while awaiting sentencing (which sentence would have been pretty light). And then was ranting about how the Dems were embarassing themselves. And how the only reason the hearings were going on was as a lame attempt to do better in the mid-terms.

If all you watch is FNC, then that narrative is going to be completely believed.

Total bonkers -- but gal of the people Laura (Dartmouth + UVA Law + SCOTUS clerkship) is laughing all the way to the bank.
Yup, and from a TV personality who was in direct contact with the White House Chief of Staff that day, imploring him to get the President to call off the dogs. The hypocrisy is at a level really unknown in our lifetimes.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The Proud Boys are a domestic terrorist organization.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Newsmax apparently carried the committee hearing last night. Yesterday AM they changed their minds from not to carry. Suspect this is an effort to steal market share from Faux News. We will see.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:07 am The Proud Boys are a domestic terrorist organization.
So is BLM. They know how to raise beau coup $$$$$$$$$$$$$. They also understand how to use that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to feather their nests. White guilt is a very profitable business. To their credit the leadership of BLM had figured out how to play this game all the way to the bank... Separating stupid white liberals from their money is childs play. OMG, this must be another one of my outrageous posts... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”