Most Beautiful Campus You Have Ever Been To For A College Lacrosse Game?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Wheels

Re: Most Beautiful Campus You Have Ever Been To For A College Lacrosse Game?

Post by Wheels »

nms wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:09 pm
PulpExposure wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:08 pm Princeton has a beautiful campus. And I've been to more than my share of youth lacrosse tournaments at Lehigh. I've never seen their main campus, but the athletic campus is really beautiful - views of rolling green hills on every side.
Athletic campus at Lehigh is beautiful. Main campus is on north side of hill, always dreary.
My oldest is headed to Lafayette next year. When we did campus tours, we hit Lehigh first. She brought up the same exact thing about the campus being organized going up a hill and wondered what would happen when the weather was bad. We head to Lafayette for the next stop, and the contrast was apparent.
Homer

Post by Homer »

nyjay wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:47 pm Maybe not beautiful exactly, but Michie Stadium is up there as among the best places to see a game.
Yeah, for my money the answer has to be West Point. I say this as someone who loves Annapolis and loves the Naval Academy, but there's just something awesome to looking down from Bear Mountain on the West Point campus. A packed house at NMCMS feels like, sure, of course. A packed house at Michie feels like Brigadoon, like who are all these people and where did they suddenly come from?
shoothi

Post by shoothi »

Any campus that has an actual Lacrosse Field.

Watching a Lacrosse game on a football field feels like a JV sport with all the excess lines, how confusing.
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

Come on people, no one has mentioned this? What I would have given to film games for Coach Urick in THAT press box!

Hail to the Victors

Post by Hail to the Victors »

Homer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:47 pm
nyjay wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:47 pm Maybe not beautiful exactly, but Michie Stadium is up there as among the best places to see a game.
Yeah, for my money the answer has to be West Point. I say this as someone who loves Annapolis and loves the Naval Academy, but there's just something awesome to looking down from Bear Mountain on the West Point campus. A packed house at NMCMS feels like, sure, of course. A packed house at Michie feels like Brigadoon, like who are all these people and where did they suddenly come from?
10 bonus points to Homer for 1) being right, and 2) the obscure literary reference!
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Hail to the Victors wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:40 am
Homer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:47 pm
10 bonus points to Homer for 1) being right, and 2) the obscure literary reference!
+1. Massively disappointing the Army and Air Force have moved the annual football game to Texas. Army/Air Force at Michie was a great experience. Another huge disappointment was the cancellation of the Oklahoma game in 2020. Yes - the Sooners were scheduled to come to Michie to play in 2020. F*** covid.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”