New England West-1 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
grelch

Re: New England West-1 2019

Post by grelch »

looks like MAPS have about 5 or 6 kids on the bench. Taft's got a lot more.

Just checked the AOF feed for a second. They're down by 2 now.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

pcowlax wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:26 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:13 pm Re: Taft. This is a basketball game. 18 points in the first half and neither team seems able to stop the other. I'd bet on the soldiers, though, because their keeper has made some saves and their FOGO wins every time
How are MAPS numbers? Obviously the service school kids are in insane shape but I have seen MAPS and NAPS games where they are only dressing 13-14 kids and they can't help but get run down. If that is the case and this continues as a track meet it might favor the Rhinos in the 4th.
Good question. The camera hasn't shared the sidelines yet. Will watch for this....
3rdPersonPlural

got a quick glimpse. Mebbe 4 or 5 on the bench. Looks like summer tournament ball there...
grelch

Post by grelch »

BTW, ctbagataway has set up a NEW 1 twitter acct. where you can get real time scores & news from the league.

Adress: @newest1lax
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

AOF can't win a faceoff. Looks like even when they were coming up with the ball they were losing possession to the BH wings.
3rdPersonPlural

Re Taft: Come the 3rd Q, Taft is winning all the FOs. Dunno why, but they got clobbered in the first half.

End of 3rd - Taft up 18 to 15 (or so)

Defense looks like UA AA games. Just......none. WTHeck?
PrimeTime21

Post by PrimeTime21 »

Wick beat Kent 12-1. Was 7-0 in a hurry and they pulled all starters in the late 1st.

Not worthwhile for either team
Last edited by PrimeTime21 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rdPersonPlural

2:32 left. Time out Army. Taft up by 3
grelch

Post by grelch »

BH beats AOF 9-8. From what I saw a good game. Evenly matched.
3rdPersonPlural

Rhinos win 18-15. The Cadets scored whenever they wanted to, and by the 2nd half they seemed to be anxious to get back to being cadets and get the game over with.

Taft pushed the ball. A lot. Keeper would look first to an outlet at the midfield. I maybe saw 4 or 5 goalie outlets to poles. All game. Taft wasn't pushed around, but it was clear that the Cadets were bigger/faster/stronger whenever they wanted to be.

Neither team seemed intent on winning. They both just wanted to look good. By the end, both did. Mission accomplished for them, a couple of hours wasted watching recruiting circuit ball for me.

The skill set at Taft exceeds that that I saw with DA in the Torrey game. The competition was so much different, though, that I wouldn't place any bets based on the 2 games I'm referencing.

But Taft will be in the mix for top-of-the-second-tier this year, depending on how well the team becomes a team.
PrimeTime21

Post by PrimeTime21 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:20 pm Rhinos win 18-15. The Cadets scored whenever they wanted to, and by the 2nd half they seemed to be anxious to get back to being cadets and get the game over with.

Taft pushed the ball. A lot. Keeper would look first to an outlet at the midfield. I maybe saw 4 or 5 goalie outlets to poles. All game. Taft wasn't pushed around, but it was clear that the Cadets were bigger/faster/stronger whenever they wanted to be.

Neither team seemed intent on winning. They both just wanted to look good. By the end, both did. Mission accomplished for them, a couple of hours wasted watching recruiting circuit ball for me.

The skill set at Taft exceeds that that I saw with DA in the Torrey game. The competition was so much different, though, that I wouldn't place any bets based on the 2 games I'm referencing.

But Taft will be in the mix for top-of-the-second-tier this year, depending on how well the team becomes a team.
Fair.

Way I see it:

Tier 1: Bury/Wick

Tier 2: AOF/Taft

Tier 3: TP/Deerfield/Berkshire

Tier 4: Everyone else
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Bury over Haverford 12-10. Knights were up 11-5 at end of 3 qtr and let them back in. Good win.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Deerfield 15-11 over Berkshire
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

TP convincingly over maybe not ready for prime time Loomis 12-5
grelch

Post by grelch »

Too bad that neither of Salisbury's first 2 games were streamed. Those were quality match ups and presumably the lacrosse would have been high level.
Topright

Post by Topright »

ctbagataway wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:17 am Season fast approaching and it is crickets on the board. Need NASTY!! to spice it up. Any color from anyone on the spring break trips?

Most teams have their first games on the 30th, but many are in action sooner.

Deerfield--game against TP on the 23rd, discussed above
Brunswick--game against Penn Charter on the 22nd, game against Boys Latin on the 26th
Salisbury--scrimmages against Ridgewood on the 23rd and Darien on the 27th
Loomis--very agressive early schedule. Already have a few wins under their belt and they play Rivers on the 23th and Nobles on the 27th.
Berkshire--opens up with Blair Academy on the 23rd.
Taft--shows a bunch of games/scrimmages already, my guess is they were scrimmages on their spring break trip?
Choate--shows Germantown Academy on the 16th, probably a scrimmage?
Westiminster-plays Albany Academy on the 27th

Would love to hear from folks on their thoughts, or feedback as to how the teams are looking so far. Mostly just excited that the season is about to start. Really missing the interactive (and always updated) LP schedules with results. Must have been a huge amount of work but it was great.
Nasty is back!!!!! I was in Florida enjoying golf lax and fishing... I won’t disappoint!!!! I will throw some color at the end of the feed... but I am glad to be back.....
Topright

Post by Topright »

Here is some skinny...... TP vs NF— TP starting goalie was out, one of the top middys is out. (Broken face wrestling). Almost every shot went in. Tp lost every face off. No excuse for them loosing.... TP vs army—— TP Ofense can’t get to the net... when they do they can finish..... but it’s the same crap... there best Ofense is there Defense!!!!! They have A soiled of a D core on the market!!!! Problem the O turns it over to much...Facts!!!

Now the season opener TP -Loomis...TP looked better loomis looked ok. But the D core of TP is NASTY!!! 3, 16, dominate out there.... the defense and D mids accounted for half the goals on fast breaks.. facts!!! And a couple of hockey assist...41 TP is nice.. good vision not selfish. Like his game. Loomis seemed all the same. 6, 8,3, were the standouts. But TP D just shut them down. It’s going to be interesting next week VS bury... the D will hold them in it.... but I think it could be ugly. One thing burry O is going to take a beaten for sure. TP go some mean dudes that like contact!!!! Bury 17-10!!!!! Pull away late...also my good friend refed the wick D field game. Said wick is really good....
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Welcome back, Nasty--you were missed!!!! Good color, thanks. Sounds like the DA/TP game on the 17th could be a soccer score, both defenses are tough.
PhishFall97

Post by PhishFall97 »

Good looking out ctbagataway on the twitter account! Still frustrated with the DA loss last Saturday.... Kids played hard but clearing game was really tough to watch. Wick has some serious studs and their off-ball play is suburb.

Wish their was a stream for Bury vs Haverford but had some people who were in attendance and they told me Fords gave Bury all they could handle in the second half.

RMFT
Justafan

Post by Justafan »

The second half was a different game. In particular the 4th quarter. For some reason the Bury coaching staff made some changes starting in the 4th quarter that really seemed to not work well. Haverford then went on a run and gained momentum. Surprisingly Bury never went back to whatvwas working in the second and 3rd quarters and luckily for Bury the time just ran out. Bury really should have been able to win that game by 10.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”