D1 Womens Lacrosse
user1020

Re: Coaching Carousel 2022-2023

Post by user1020 »

I’m intrigued by the comment too. Not in a bad way just curious
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

The domino's begin to drop, many more to come. Pretty sure no one had this move their bingo card
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:33 pm The domino's begin to drop, many more to come. Pretty sure no one had this move their bingo card
I'm not really surprised at this hire. If I was an AD filling an opening, he'd be one of my first calls.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

tothedraw wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:50 pm
8meterPA wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:33 pm The domino's begin to drop, many more to come. Pretty sure no one had this move their bingo card
I'm not really surprised at this hire. If I was an AD filling an opening, he'd be one of my first calls.
I was so sure they would go with Tara. As I said before, love the hire.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:03 pm
tothedraw wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:50 pm
I was so sure they would go with Tara. As I said before, love the hire.
Someone earlier had said she was told she wasn't a candidate. I think that's a shame.
Not surprised someone scooped him up quickly.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

And neither did you! HA!!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Interesting move for TM. I know that ASU did not properly support their program; or at least not to the level a BCS school should. Which makes his run there even more impressive. IMO he will find convincing kids to come to Hop easier than bringing them out to ASU.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:24 pm Interesting move for TM. I know that ASU did not properly support their program; or at least not to the level a BCS school should. Which makes his run there even more impressive. IMO he will find convincing kids to come to Hop easier than bringing them out to ASU.
This is just me, but if I am a young women (or a young man) I would not be to enticed to attend JHU and play lacrosse. If you are looking to play college lacrosse at an outstanding academic institution there are 15-20 schools out there that offer an excellent education and play high quality D1 lacrosse not to mention the number of real high quality NESCAP schools that offer a great education and good D3 lacrosse.

The academic rigors at JHU are probably a little greater than at ASU which I think may make it harder to recruit there compared to ASU. ASU offers sunshine, PAC 12 football and a nice town.

The women's program doesn't have the rich history of the men's program and each player has their own reasons for choosing the schools they attend. I just don't think it is an easy school for a coach to recruit top players.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

TNLAX wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:26 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:24 pm Interesting move for TM. I know that ASU did not properly support their program; or at least not to the level a BCS school should. Which makes his run there even more impressive. IMO he will find convincing kids to come to Hop easier than bringing them out to ASU.
This is just me, but if I am a young women (or a young man) I would not be to enticed to attend JHU and play lacrosse. If you are looking to play college lacrosse at an outstanding academic institution there are 15-20 schools out there that offer an excellent education and play high quality D1 lacrosse not to mention the number of real high quality NESCAP schools that offer a great education and good D3 lacrosse.
You do not state WHY you would not go to Hopkins. I don't know what the NESCAP is, but none of the schools in the NESCAC could beat Hopkins on the Field. They are outstanding academic schools and the level of Lacrosse is excellent. They had 3 teams finish in the top 10.

The academic rigors at JHU are probably a little greater than at ASU which I think may make it harder to recruit there compared to ASU. ASU offers sunshine, PAC 12 football and a nice town.
The academic rigors at JHU are a LOT greater than those at ASU. No disrespect to ASU at all. Totally different schools

The women's program doesn't have the rich history of the men's program and each player has their own reasons for choosing the schools they attend. I just don't think it is an easy school for a coach to recruit top players.

And that is what made Janine's tenure even more remarkable. What you said above is true, but Janine created her own history for the Women's team. Tim is a very good coach and he will work hard, but it is not going to be easy.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

IMO it will be much easier to recruit to play at Hop than ASU, but that may be because if I was a player I’d rather go to Hop. It provides the opportunity to receive a fantastic education while playing high level lacrosse.

Great education
Big 10 level of competition
In the biggest hot bed of lacrosse in the world which can help if players want to stay close to home
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:25 pm IMO it will be much easier to recruit to play at Hop than ASU, but that may be because if I was a player I’d rather go to Hop. It provides the opportunity to receive a fantastic education while playing high level lacrosse.

Great education
In the biggest hot bed of lacrosse in the world which can help if players want to stay close to home
It's silly to believe most people would disagree with this.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:25 pm IMO it will be much easier to recruit to play at Hop than ASU, but that may be because if I was a player I’d rather go to Hop. It provides the opportunity to receive a fantastic education while playing high level lacrosse.

Great education

For the players in the Maryland hot bed that want to stay close to home, I think having UMD and Navy less than an hours drive from Hopkins can make for some competitive recruiting battles, too. Yes, I know the candidate pool for USNA is much smaller, but I’d still count it as competition especially if world-class education is a priority for the recruit.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:32 pm

Great education
It has been discussed before how different recruits value different things over others when looking at schools. I can assure you that there are plenty of recruits who would love to play at a school like ASU over a school like Hopkins. It is just a matter of preference.

I imagine that there are a lot of people who think it is silly to pay $70k/year for your kid to go to any school to play lacrosse.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:40 pm

Great education

For the players in the Maryland hot bed that want to stay close to home, I think having UMD and Navy less than an hours drive from Hopkins can make for some competitive recruiting battles, too. Yes, I know the candidate pool for USNA is much smaller, but I’d still count it as competition especially if world-class education is a priority for the recruit.
Loyola.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:08 pm
TNLAX wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:26 am
You do not state WHY you would not go to Hopkins. I don't know what the NESCAP is, but none of the schools in the NESCAC could beat Hopkins on the Field. They are outstanding academic schools and the level of Lacrosse is excellent. They had 3 teams finish in the top 10.

The academic rigors at JHU are a LOT greater than those at ASU. No disrespect to ASU at all. Totally different schools

And that is what made Janine's tenure even more remarkable. What you said above is true, but Janine created her own history for the Women's team. Tim is a very good coach and he will work hard, but it is not going to be easy.
Other than the length of her tenure, I would like to hear more about the remarkable things that Tucker did at Hopkins. I have personally met her and found her to be very engaging and thoughtful. But, my opinion is that she underachieved over the last 10 years or so when it comes to on-field results.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:51 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:40 pm

Great education

Loyola.
Yikes :oops: yes right down the street, sorry Doc! But that’s another one.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

@inthe8m wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:46 pm

Great education
It has been discussed before how different recruits value different things over others when looking at schools. I can assure you that there are plenty of recruits who would love to play at a school like ASU over a school like Hopkins. It is just a matter of preference.

I imagine that there are a lot of people who think it is silly to pay $70k/year for your kid to go to any school to play lacrosse.
I don’t doubt there are players that would rather play at ASU, but I believe it is harder to recruit to ASU than to Hop. Even with the extra competition that Hop has to other Maryland colleges there is a lot of talent to recruit from. Hop has gotten higher level recruits over the years compared to ASU
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:13 pm

Great education

I don’t doubt there are players that would rather play at ASU, but I believe it is harder to recruit to ASU than to Hop. Even with the extra competition that Hop has to other Maryland colleges there is a lot of talent to recruit from. Hop has gotten higher level recruits over the years compared to ASU
That was my point. Yes everyone chooses schools for different reasons. Sure there are girls that would rather go to ASU.

And no one is paying 70k/year to play lacrosse at Hopkins.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Great education

:lol: ASU played their inaugural season in 2018.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:18 pm

Great education

That was my point. Yes everyone chooses schools for different reasons. Sure there are girls that would rather go to ASU.

And no one is paying 70k/year to play lacrosse at Hopkins.
Please, do tell. I was just using the estimated costs of attendance provided by JHU.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”