2022--The Season in Review

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: 2022--The Season in Review

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:04 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:50 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:31 am ... shows great disrespect to the athletes...
Wait a second, let me get this straight – the guy who repeatedly ripped Rachel Hall is pointing his finger at me about disrespecting athletes??

You do know there is a difference between assessing actual game play and statistics and backing it up with evidence versus the complete fabrication of stories from a 5 second video clip, don't you?
Do you?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:31 am ... shows great disrespect to the athletes...
Wait a second, let me get this straight – the guy who repeatedly ripped Rachel Hall is pointing his finger at me about disrespecting athletes??

Ripped her? Ripped her?...Rip YOU!

I pointed out using actual stats from games and seasons and I said that I did not think that RH was a very good goalie. I didn't fabricate that or pull up a bunch of clips to show it, the stats from the games and the seasons did the work. She won a National Championship and I respect that, but she wasn't on the level of Taylor Moreno or 20 other goalies. I used the facts and stats to form the core of my opinion.

See the difference? If not, prove me a liar.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:34 pm

I pointed out using actual stats from games and seasons and I said that I did not think that RH was a very good goalie. I didn't fabricate that or pull up a bunch of clips to show it, the stats from the games and the seasons did the work. She won a National Championship and I respect that, but she wasn't on the level of Taylor Moreno or 20 other goalies. I used the facts and stats to form the core of my opinion.

viewtopic.php?p=338884#p338884
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:12 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:34 pm

viewtopic.php?p=338884#p338884
that's......not proof
OuttaNowhereWregget

This was the pinnacle for the Hokies in ’22. A 10-9 win over #13 JMU on the road.

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:23 am I thought the game winner from the other night was worth another look. This shows the play developing (no audio). The Hokies obviously think a lot of the midfielder frosh Olivia Vergano to have designed this isolation play for her. She completely fakes her defender out of position to make room for the missile she directs far side top corner. Beautifully executed. As an aside, I love the rigid arms down by her side after the goal. I'm sure if one could see her from another angle, she would have her mouth open and bellowing a long drawn out war cry. One of the best upsets of the young season so far.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Only a sophomore in '22--tall tree attacker Danielle Pavinelli proved a problem for opponents. Bit of a problem child perhaps herself with 5 yellows and 3 greens for the season but I do enjoy chippy in players. Pavinelli had a great 2nd year for the Gators. In 22 games she reckoned 73 goals 26 assists (17 of 27 from the 8) 17 GB 13 CT 13 DC. Not too shabby for a sophomore. Better numbers than Ortega in these categories but for assists (44).

OuttaNowhereWregget

The lowest scoring game of the season occurred back in February when St. Bonaventure visited the fieldhouse of the Akron Zips. Akron won 6-5.

Box score: https://gobonnies.com/sports/womens-lac ... score/5449
OuttaNowhereWregget

One of the bigger upsets of the '22 season took place in Horace Greeley's territory. The Oregon Ducks beat the Colorado Buffaloes for the first time in program history, and waited until the Pac-12 conference tournament to do so.

Recap: https://goducks.com/news/2022/5/4/women ... c-12s.aspx
knownothingHOKIE

Post by knownothingHOKIE »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:19 pm This was the pinnacle for the Hokies in ’22. A 10-9 win over #13 JMU on the road.

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:23 am I thought the game winner from the other night was worth another look. This shows the play developing (no audio). The Hokies obviously think a lot of the midfielder frosh Olivia Vergano to have designed this isolation play for her. She completely fakes her defender out of position to make room for the missile she directs far side top corner. Beautifully executed. As an aside, I love the rigid arms down by her side after the goal. I'm sure if one could see her from another angle, she would have her mouth open and bellowing a long drawn out war cry. One of the best upsets of the young season so far.

Hokies struggled early in most games vs good opponents, but always seemed to battle back. Think that is a good sign Coach Skiera will keep them moving in the right direction as they continue to add talent to the roster.
OuttaNowhereWregget

knownothingHOKIE wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:36 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:19 pm This was the pinnacle for the Hokies in ’22. A 10-9 win over #13 JMU on the road.

Hokies struggled early in most games vs good opponents, but always seemed to battle back. Think that is a good sign Coach Skiera will keep them moving in the right direction as they continue to add talent to the roster.
I’m hopeful they can start making some noise and ruffling some feathers in the ACC next season.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Pitt Panthers Inaugural Season

Pitt had some nice wins and was fairly competitive for a first year program right to the end--even winning the play in game for the ACC Tournament.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Overall, a good year for the Eagles. They lost some tough games but they also had some nice wins on their way back to the National Final. Wins over Syracuse in the regular season, Virginia in the ACC SF and Denver, Loyola and especially Maryland in the NCAA's were very satisfying. Five straight trips to the national title game. Very impressive. Like the announcer said when BC knocked off Loyola--"It wouldn't be Championship Weekend without Boston College!"

8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 am Overall, a good year for the Eagles. They lost some tough games but they also had some nice wins on their way back to the National Final. Wins over Syracuse in the regular season, Virginia in the ACC SF and Denver, Loyola and especially Maryland in the NCAA's were very satisfying. Five straight trips to the national title game. Very impressive. Like the announcer said when BC knocked off Loyola--"It wouldn't be Championship Weekend without Boston College!"

DMac

Post by DMac »

Kind of surprising he didn't say they've choked three out of four times, let's see if they make it four out of five.
For sure they won't if Charolette gets the last shot when the game is on the line. Oh, but wait.....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:41 am Image
DMac wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:50 am Kind of surprising he didn't say they've choked three out of four times, let's see if they make it four out of five.
For sure they won't if Charolette gets the last shot when the game is on the line. Oh, but wait.....
8meter, DMac, go to the Penalty Box.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:20 pm 8meter, DMac, go to the Penalty Box.

I left the gummies for you guys.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Jesus, Mary, & sweet suffering Joseph that penalty on DMac is weak
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 amOverall, a good year for the Eagles...
Good?!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:20 pm
8meterPA wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:41 am Image
DMac wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:50 am Kind of surprising he didn't say they've choked three out of four times, let's see if they make it four out of five.
8meter, DMac, go to the Penalty Box.
Seriously? Geez. Why am I thinking about Hogan's Heroes?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gretchen wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 amOverall, a good year for the Eagles...
Good?!
Yes— I considered using the word great but then I thought the three losses to North Carolina were very disappointing. What word would you use?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”