Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:49 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:04 pm Naaa...we just didn't like his policies.
:lol: Sure you didn't. Which policies?
- Dealings with Iran. Propt up for hard sanctions, yet sent tons of cash in the dark of the night.
- Obamacare and how it was crammed down the public’s throat. Lied about keeping your Dr.
- drawing the line in the sand and did nothing afterward.
- cash for Cars
- stance on coal
- cut missle Defense
- Solyndra and Failed Solar polices.
- CO2 is now a pollutant
- wasted money on Stimulus that was to be assigned to shovel ready projects, delaying an immediate need infrastructure repair.

To be fair I have praised him many times for saving us from a significant recession in short time and knocking our OBL.
U.S. AND IRAN TO MEET AGAIN ON SEIZED ASSETS

Why the U.S. Owed Iran That $400 Million
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:34 pm Just another deep state conspiracy to keep the true patriots like Jared from saving lives with WhatsApp.

Preach it os!
(D) sore losers, grasping at straws.

I wonder if she had anything to do with Dina Powell not getting a permanent clearance during her year in the Trump Admin.

Maybe Bezos will give her a job on his security detail. No worries, NSA is monitoring everything.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Amen brother!
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:34 pm Just another deep state conspiracy to keep the true patriots like Jared from saving lives with WhatsApp.

Preach it os!
Absolutely! We should trust our leaders without question or examination. Only crazies and conspiracy keep an eye on what their government is doing.

Hey! I have an idea! Let's investigate the FBI again. No, no----let's dismantle the FBI, which is really just a nuisance, and let our politicians do whatever they wish, with no supervision whatsoever.

I mean, isn't that what being an American Conservative is all about: Trusting our government without question, and making fun of anyone who doesn't?

Now someone play the Pledge of A so that I can bow fealty to our government overlords!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Further evidence that our government is no longer a Republic.Rather,we now dwell in a full-fledged Kakistocracy.And this Trump guy told we the people he was going to "drain the swamp"? :roll:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white-ho ... 0dacac0561
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:50 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Preach it os!
Absolutely! We should trust our leaders without question or examination. Only crazies and conspiracy keep an eye on what their government is doing.

Hey! I have an idea! Let's investigate the FBI again. No, no----let's dismantle the FBI, which is really just a nuisance, and let our politicians do whatever they wish, with no supervision whatsoever.

I mean, isn't that what being an American Conservative is all about: Trusting our government without question, and making fun of anyone who doesn't?

Now someone play the Pledge of A so that I can bow fealty to our government overlords!
I read your post with my own personal hint of sadness. I always thought that hardcore, bad to the bone conservatives were the most fiscally responsible people in government. Well the fiscal conservative Trump lovers shot that idea all to hell. It is difficult for me to envision any member of either party with the gumption to attack out of control spending. That can is getting bigger and heavier and kicking it down the road gets harder and harder. Why is it that neither party will even consider looking at a consumption tax? Why??? because it would probably work.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump" new book out on shelves today...

"Whether it’s a business contract, a bilateral treaty, or a matrimonial bond, President Trump has proven that he has trouble staying within the confines of an arrangement between two parties. According to a new book by sportswriter Rick Reilly, Trump’s impulse to cheat also applies to the golf course. In Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump, Reilly claims that Trump “cheats at the highest level. He cheats when people are watching and he cheats when they aren’t. He cheats whether you like it or not. He cheats because that’s how he plays golf … if you’re playing golf with him, he’s going to cheat.”

“To say ‘Donald Trump cheats’ is like saying ‘Michael Phelps swims,’” writes Reilly, who spoke with dozens of Trump’s former golf partners to get a sense of the president’s ethical approach to the game. According to a copy of the book obtained by the New York Post ahead of its publication on Tuesday, Trump claims he has a 2.8 handicap, the sliding scale used among amateur golfers that would help a pair of varying talent to compete with each other. Like his height, Trump’s self-reported handicap of 2.8 – the lower the number the better – is probably a little off. As the Post notes, “Jack Nicklaus, winner of a record 18 major golf titles and generally considered the greatest golfer in the history of the game, has a handicap of 3.4.”

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:49 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:04 pm Naaa...we just didn't like his policies.
:lol: Sure you didn't. Which policies?
- Dealings with Iran. Propt up for hard sanctions, yet sent tons of cash in the dark of the night.
- Obamacare and how it was crammed down the public’s throat. Lied about keeping your Dr.
- drawing the line in the sand and did nothing afterward.
- cash for Cars
- stance on coal
- cut missle Defense
- Solyndra and Failed Solar polices.
- CO2 is now a pollutant
- wasted money on Stimulus that was to be assigned to shovel ready projects, delaying an immediate need infrastructure repair.

To be fair I have praised him many times for saving us from a significant recession in short time and knocking our OBL.
“Russia’s got to leave Venezuela.” Pompeo

Russian military “advisers” in the country, along with new arms, posed “a direct threat to international peace and security in the region.” Bolton

“all options are on the table,” there is no indication that any military intervention — which has a long and unhappy history in Latin America — is being seriously contemplated. Trump
Wondering how they get Russia out....
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:08 pm LOSSES?WHAT LOSSES?

https://www.propublica.org/article/pres ... newsletter
I love the statement that when trying to get the win rate for Obama they got 70% - and he was a president who pushed the envelope due to a recalcitrant Congress, and Trump had that number (70%) as a loss rate.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Oh - and just another small problem at Mar-A-Lago: Chinese woman arrested for attempted entry into the facility while the President was there (getting by at least one Secret Service agent but caught by a Mar-A-Lago receptionist) with 4 cell phones, a laptop, and external hard drive and a USB thumb drive containing malware on it.

Criminal complaint:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... 18304.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:17 pm I read your post with my own personal hint of sadness. I always thought that hardcore, bad to the bone conservatives were the most fiscally responsible people in government.
This is precisely why so much of my ire is directed at Republican voters. They have been exposed. They don't believe in anything anymore.

"Stick it to the libs" does not count as a form of government.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:17 pm I read your post with my own personal hint of sadness. I always thought that hardcore, bad to the bone conservatives were the most fiscally responsible people in government.
This is precisely why so much of my ire is directed at Republican voters. They have been exposed. They don't believe in anything anymore.

"Stick it to the libs" does not count as a form of government.
Agree.....but the problem I have with you and others is that you just continually ignore that the Dems spend spend spend too. Because, that is what they have always been, tax N spenders. Why do THEY get a pass? Isn't complaining about the system being rigged against the little guy, rightfully yelling to end subsidies, etc. a Democratic thing? And as I have shown, time after time, they vote hand in hand with the R's. You don't ever seem to get mad at the Dems, even though they are hypocrites too. tRump didn't promise to cut the deficit in half, but Obama sure did. How'd that work out.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:23 pm Oh - and just another small problem at Mar-A-Lago: Chinese woman arrested for attempted entry into the facility while the President was there (getting by at least one Secret Service agent but caught by a Mar-A-Lago receptionist) with 4 cell phones, a laptop, and external hard drive and a USB thumb drive containing malware on it.

Criminal complaint:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... 18304.html
Any sanctions on china for the OPM data hack? :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 pm Agree.....but the problem I have with you and others is that you just continually ignore that the Dems spend spend spend too. Because, that is what they have always been, tax N spenders. Why do THEY get a pass
This isn't a serious question, is it? Simple. Because they tell you-----to your face. Before you vote.-------"hey we believe in big, centralized government".

There is zero. Nothing. Nothing whatsoever that is bad about that. They tell you that's their bag, and you can chose to vote for someone else if you aren't on board with their program. So there's nothing to give them a pass for in the larger sense of "we told you we'd spend more, and now we're spending more".

The R's, on the other hand, lie to your face, take your vote----and then turn right around and outspend what the Dems ever dreamed of spending. And they've done this every chance we have given them since Reagan. I'm sick of them. So is cradle.

If they don't stand for small government, fiscal restraint, and freer markets----what do they stand for?

Nothing. They stand for nothing.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Very serious AFAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq55MqX57cY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJvkkNmR_8

Balanced approach to deficit reduction
Warren said she favored a "balanced approach" to deficit reduction--one of President Obama's favorite euphemisms for tax increases. Brown sought to depict Warren as a tax-increaser, and he deflected her attacks, saying: "Her criticism of me is that I'm not gonna raise taxes, and that's an accurate criticism." He said of Professor Warren, "she's obsessed with raising taxes. The first thing, every single time, is to raise taxes
."
Source: FutureOfCapitalism.com on 2012 Mass. Senate Debate , Sep 21, 2012

From Lizzie Warrens website.

can do this all nite long
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Trump today: "my father is German, was German. Born in a very wonderful place in Germany."

Here's video of it: https://twitter.com/tommyxtopher/status ... 3554769920

Trump's father was born in NY.

It's a very interesting character study looking at his compulsive lying. About everything. This shouldn't be normal in America.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:41 pm Trump today: "my father is German, was German. Born in a very wonderful place in Germany."

Here's video of it: https://twitter.com/tommyxtopher/status ... 3554769920

Trump's father was born in NY.

It's a very interesting character study looking at his compulsive lying. About everything. This shouldn't be normal in America.
Turns out he actually (and his father) used to lie that Fred Trump was Swedish and was born in NJ. Did it so his (Fred's) Jewish renters would not think so badly of him than if they thought he was German. That even made it into "The Art of the Deal."
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:21 pm Very serious AFAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq55MqX57cY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJvkkNmR_8

Balanced approach to deficit reduction
Warren said she favored a "balanced approach" to deficit reduction--one of President Obama's favorite euphemisms for tax increases. Brown sought to depict Warren as a tax-increaser, and he deflected her attacks, saying: "Her criticism of me is that I'm not gonna raise taxes, and that's an accurate criticism." He said of Professor Warren, "she's obsessed with raising taxes. The first thing, every single time, is to raise taxes
."
Source: FutureOfCapitalism.com on 2012 Mass. Senate Debate , Sep 21, 2012

From Lizzie Warrens website.

can do this all nite long
Go right ahead. I'm not talking about clips of Dems talking about cutting here and there. Btw, Obama actually DID it. Sequester ring a bell? Want the numbers?

I'm talking about the overall philosophy of governance, and you know it.

It would take me all of five minutes with a card carrying Republican to get them to spit it out: smaller Federal government. Freer market vs. regulations. Low spending vs. high. Minimal safety net vs. larger safety net. Free market health care vs. Single payer. Fiscal responsibility vs. borrowing.

You know it. I know it. The fans know it.

AOC ain't talking about cutting Medicare----she wants it for all. THAT is what I'm talking about, and you know it.

Return to “POLITICS”