2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:32 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm Nope, I prefer to be a crossover Republican, holding out at least the hope the fever will break and actual fiscal conservatives/social progressives or moderates will reemerge in the GOP someday.

I didn't have an issue voting for my current GOP Governor, for instance.
So you still believe actual fiscal conservatives still exist? They must live on the same street as unicorns and leprechauns.

Rand Paul
Nope. He voted for Trump's reckless tax cuts. NO WAY would a fiscal conservative do that.

Why would I say that? How are average earners enjoying that inflation?

BTW, did anyone (snicker) notice that Biden "forgot" to repeal the Trump Tax Cut. Whoops. I'm sure that that's a coincidence.

It's almost as if both D's and R's are serving multinational corporations instead of every day Americans.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm Nope, I prefer to be a crossover Republican, holding out at least the hope the fever will break and actual fiscal conservatives/social progressives or moderates will reemerge in the GOP someday.

So you still believe actual fiscal conservatives still exist? They must live on the same street as unicorns and leprechauns.

Rand Paul
Nope. He voted for Trump's reckless tax cuts. NO WAY would a fiscal conservative do that.

BTW, did anyone (snicker) notice that Biden "forgot" to repeal the Trump Tax Cut. Whoops. I'm sure that that's a coincidence.

It's almost as if both D's and R's are serving multinational corporations instead of every day Americans.
Did Biden have the votes for repeal?
2 short, right?

Or are you saying he could have done it through executive order?

I agree, Paul is not a fiscal conservative, just a poseur.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:47 pm Did Biden have the votes for repeal?
2 short, right?
Put it to a vote. Try. Appeal to inflation.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:18 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:47 pm Did Biden have the votes for repeal?
2 short, right?
Put it to a vote. Try. Appeal to inflation.
ok, but I don't think he has the votes.

Would be an interesting tack to take, though.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:35 pm

Rand Paul

If the definition of ‘fiscal conservative’ is simply balancing the budget, wouldn’t tax rates of 90% also make one a fiscal conservative?

No, it wouldn’t. Being a fiscal conservative is reducing government’s spending AND income. And if you can only get one, you take it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

If you can’t acknowledge this by now, you’ll never do so. Then you’ll say Americans are ‘racists’ or whatever.

Democrats are going to be trounced. Historic losses. And some here wonder why. Why is because your party is causing record inflation, as well as simply being run by woke lunatics. Get used to being in the minority for a long time.

NEW: The midterm outlook for House Dems is so bleak that even members in districts Biden won by 10 to 15 points are in danger of losing their seats, per the Cook Political Report

https://twitter.com/axios/status/153101 ... 11UCTXpi8g

Enjoy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:16 am If you can’t acknowledge this by now, you’ll never do so. Then you’ll say Americans are ‘racists’ or whatever.

Democrats are going to be trounced. Historic losses. And some here wonder why. Why is because your party is causing record inflation, as well as simply being run by woke lunatics. Get used to being in the minority for a long time.

NEW: The midterm outlook for House Dems is so bleak that even members in districts Biden won by 10 to 15 points are in danger of losing their seats, per the Cook Political Report

https://twitter.com/axios/status/153101 ... 11UCTXpi8g

Enjoy.
:lol: I hope it's a clean sweep.

Then we can see how utterly useless your party is......they can't govern without borrowing. And if they borrow more....and they will......inflation will explode.

Can't wait. Get yer popcorn!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:31 pm If the definition of ‘fiscal conservative’ is simply balancing the budget, wouldn’t tax rates of 90% also make one a fiscal conservative?
Yes! You FINALLY get it.

If you don't like high tax rates? Don't spend trillions, Pete. It's simple.

A fiscal conservative pays his bills when they arrive. A fiscal conservative can believe in buying everything from schools, to roads, to bombs and fighter jets.

But he ALWAYS pays for it, so that he doesn't have to ALSO pay interest for the purchases.

Just like anyone running a financially sound household. Interest is for idiots.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

well, speaking as someone who at least thinks he's a 'fiscal conservative', I think there's a difference between "spending" and "investment" when considering debt.

Is there a productive asset being built, with an expected ROI greater than the amortized cost including interest, or not?

A 'fiscal conservative' wants to see that ROI be strong and clear, preferably proven, rather than just wishful thinking, indeed because debt involves obligation and cost.

And yes, all current 'expenses' covered by current taxes.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:24 pm well, speaking as someone who at least thinks he's a 'fiscal conservative', I think there's a difference between "spending" and "investment" when considering debt.

Is there a productive asset being built, with an expected ROI greater than the amortized cost including interest, or not?

A 'fiscal conservative' wants to see that ROI be strong and clear, preferably proven, rather than just wishful thinking, indeed because debt involves obligation and cost.

I don’t know if I’ll post much in the politics thread until just before or just after the midterms. If something pops up that’s intriguing, I’ll try to come back.

MD: you and the boys carry on. Call the Republicans ‘racists’ or whatever. I don’t think it’s going to help Democrats avoid an historic bloodbath this November. But, whatevs.

Biden’s approval numbers are lower than even Trumps were. That’s a tough thing to accomplish. They’re putting masks on again in cities and schools, at the behest of Democratic think tanks and totalitarian nutcases. Inflation won’t subside anytime soon. Gasoline is off the charts. Baby formula is being rationed like we are the old USSR. Somehow the leftists in the DNC and government have made ‘Pride Month’ the newest club to beat corporations over the head with. They want to teach sex to young kids. And Democrats call Latinos ‘Latinx’ even after polls show that Latinos absolutely despise that term.

It’s going to be extremely ugly on November 8 for Democrats. The sooner Democrats realize that America rejects their values, the better for them. But I don’t think they’ll pivot because this is who they are.

I don’t know what the point is of continually debating this stuff only to see the same folks here merely double down. I’m not sure what to say. I think Joe Mauer has it correct that the Fanlax FLP don’t really want to know how wrong their policies, ideas, and thoughts are; they just want applause in an echo chamber. I get that. It’s just, well, boring.

Like I said, if anything interesting crops up globally, I’ll come back. Definitely come back around November 8!!

Until then, hasta la vista baby.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:24 pm well, speaking as someone who at least thinks he's a 'fiscal conservative', I think there's a difference between "spending" and "investment" when considering debt.

I don’t know if I’ll post much in the politics thread until just before or just after the midterms. If something pops up that’s intriguing, I’ll try to come back.

MD: you and the boys carry on. Call the Republicans ‘racists’ or whatever. I don’t think it’s going to help Democrats avoid an historic bloodbath this November. But, whatevs.

Biden’s approval numbers are lower than even Trumps were. That’s a tough thing to accomplish. They’re putting masks on again in cities and schools, at the behest of Democratic think tanks and totalitarian nutcases. Inflation won’t subside anytime soon. Gasoline is off the charts. Baby formula is being rationed like we are the old USSR. Somehow the leftists in the DNC and government have made ‘Pride Month’ the newest club to beat corporations over the head with. They want to teach sex to young kids. And Democrats call Latinos ‘Latinx’ even after polls show that Latinos absolutely despise that term.

It’s going to be extremely ugly on November 8 for Democrats. The sooner Democrats realize that America rejects their values, the better for them. But I don’t think they’ll pivot because this is who they are.

I don’t know what the point is of continually debating this stuff only to see the same folks here merely double down. I’m not sure what to say. I think Joe Mauer has it correct that the Fanlax FLP don’t really want to know how wrong their policies, ideas, and thoughts are; they just want applause in an echo chamber. I get that. It’s just, well, boring.

Like I said, if anything interesting crops up globally, I’ll come back. Definitely come back around November 8!!

good riddance.

How this post was remotely related to mine, I dunno, but IMO it's just another typical rant by the resident propagandist gator troll...

As to predictions, Petey has a truly awful track record, but I think that, though for very different reasons than most cited, the GOP is likely to have a very good day in November....but I'd also predict that's going to lead to a rejuvenation of the Dems and a sweep in 2024, including major gains at the state levels. Big backlash to what a GOP win in 2022 will mean.

But the Dems need to refresh their leadership ranks...which a big loss may well precipitate.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:40 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:30 am

good riddance.

How this post was remotely related to mine, I dunno, but IMO it's just another typical rant by the resident propagandist gator troll...

As to predictions, Petey has a truly awful track record, but I think that, though for very different reasons than most cited, the GOP is likely to have a very good day in November....but I'd also predict that's going to lead to a rejuvenation of the Dems and a sweep in 2024, including major gains at the state levels. Big backlash to what a GOP win in 2022 will mean.

But the Dems need to refresh their leadership ranks...which a big loss may well precipitate.

So many great developments last night across the country (I’m trying to post only when major stuff happens, and major stuff happened last night!!).

First, Nancy Mace won her primary in South Carolina. As some of you might be aware, Nancy was Enemy #1 of the fearsome Trump wing of the Republican Party, you know, the wing that drives the Republican message. Uh wut??? Shouldn’t she have lost?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah she won. Easily. In a ruby red district. Meaning she’s getting easily re-elected. :lol: :lol:

Second, Adam Laxalt won his primary in Nevada. Adam is the next Senator from that great state! Adam is the favorite if both the traditional Republican wing (Bushes), as well as the Trumpers. More importantly, Latinos love the guy (not Latinx, a reminder to Democrats). Laxalt is Desantis v 2.0.

But the best news last night, BY FAR, was Mayra Flores has defeated Dan Sanchez in the TX-34 special election, flipping an 84% Hispanic seat Red that Biden won by 13 points in 2020, winning it by 7%!!! Lol. This red tsunami is real, and Latinos are leading the way.

Democrats should ask themselves why Latinos are abandoning their party. But they won’t. I’ll help: inflation, woke lunacy, and Latinx.

Red tsunami, boys. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... Mace is a first order Trump kiss ass, groveling moron, just ask her! She never leaves her knees. Trump had two house victories in SC. :lol: :lol:

Flores will not win in November. New district moves from slightly democratic (2020) to heavily democratic (2022).
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Hispanics are the Trojan horse.

They are turning on the mentally ill white progressive democrat party.

They are Catholic or Evangelical
They cannot stand the 57 gender culture
They are anti abortion
They want to get wealthy
They hate taxes and government regulation on private enterprise
They are pro traditional family

It’s like a white mentally ill progressive nightmare.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Enjoy your hubris right wingers, this too shall eventually pass.

Re Trump, he split in SC, but actually better given Mace's efforts to run back to him, yes groveling.

AZ was a big win for Trump.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... I was kind of torn with the Rice loss. He was clearly a highly honorable man even though a republican. He cares about democracy. But no good deed goes unpunished in this life. Running against Fry will be easier.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Laxalt a true Trumpnista. "Nevada's Rudy Giuliani". :lol:

Nevada has a bunch of crazy republiCONs now running in the general election. Biggest is Jim Marchant, Secretary of State. “Your vote hasn’t counted for decades,” Marchant told the crowd. “You haven’t elected anybody. The people that are in office have been selected. You haven’t had a choice.” One of the Trumpnista governor candidates has already claimed the election is rigged. :roll:

The Denali Ditz is back, running for Alaska's single congressional seat.

In Texas I am sure there are a number of crazy wild eyed nut bags that won republiCON congressional candidacies.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:57 am Laxalt a true Trumpnista. "Nevada's Rudy Giuliani". :lol:

Nevada has a bunch of crazy republiCONs now running in the general election. Biggest is Jim Marchant, Secretary of State. “Your vote hasn’t counted for decades,” Marchant told the crowd. “You haven’t elected anybody. The people that are in office have been selected. You haven’t had a choice.” One of the Trumpnista governor candidates has already claimed the election is rigged. :roll:

The Denali Ditz is back, running for Alaska's single congressional seat.

In Texas I am sure there are a number of crazy wild eyed nut bags that won republiCON congressional candidacies.

If you don’t want politicians who demand voting transparency, stop trying to cover up vote counting.

This ain’t hard. No more Tammany Hall nonsense.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:48 pm If you don’t want politicians who demand voting transparency, stop trying to cover up vote counting.

This ain’t hard. No more Tammany Hall nonsense.
:lol: It's already fixed, remember?

We've already had multiple 2022 Republican and Dem primaries using the EXACT same systems that we use for full elections, Pete.

Not one complaint from your side on the security and veracity of the voting process. Not one.

It's a Xmas miracle!!!

:lol: What ACTUALLY happened, is that your team forgot to complain, and tell everyone that these primaries are rigged. :lol:

It's so transparently stupid. But that's the American Republican party in 2022: You have to remember to pretend to believe that our elections are rigged.

And you forgot to do that. Well, at least after this trial run, we'll know that you guys won't complain about election results in 2022, right?

:roll:

Return to “POLITICS”