D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by DMac »

joewillie78 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:28 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:20 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:58 pm
jhu06 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:24 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:20 pm The most interesting thing about your list is that none of the items you mentioned included anything referencing the great schemes or gameplan the coach drew up to make this happen...

It's almost like the games outcome hinges primarily on how well your players can play... ;)
these were comments made by the broadcasters about the game they were broadcasting that I was quoting. Maybe one of the bored cornell diehards reading this fantasizing about monday can brief us on what percentage of their players today are PM's so that some baker underling can staple it to her wall for her.
Bored Cornell Diehards? Huh? How are we bored? We are "moonwalking" into the final on Monday. The last time I was this bored was when we won 42 in a row.

And yes, I am fantasizing about Monday. It reminds me of JANUARY 12, 1969.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Had to look that one up, Jw, thought maybe it was the day the Farrah Faucet poster came out.
Lol Dmac. I actually had the Jacylyn Smith poster but the FF poster was also smoking.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Jacylyn was the smokinest of 'em all.......although that's really splitting hairs.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

DMac wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:47 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:20 pm The most interesting thing about your list is that none of the items you mentioned included anything referencing the great schemes or gameplan the coach drew up to make this happen...

It's almost like the games outcome hinges primarily on how well your players can play... ;)
these were comments made by the broadcasters about the game they were broadcasting that I was quoting. Maybe one of the bored cornell diehards reading this fantasizing about monday can brief us on what percentage of their players today are PM's so that some baker underling can staple it to her wall for her.
Bored Cornell Diehards? Huh? How are we bored? We are "moonwalking" into the final on Monday. The last time I was this bored was when we won 42 in a row.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Had to look that one up, Jw, thought maybeJoewillie7day the Farrah Faucet poster came out.
Lol Dmac. I actually had the Jacylyn Smith poster but the FF poster was also smoking.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Jacylyn was the smokinest of 'em all.......although that's really splitting hairs.
All 3 of those "angels" were smoking hot, but your right, Jacylyn was amazing.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
droliver

Post by droliver »

DMac wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:47 pm Jacylyn was the smokinest of 'em all.......although that's really splitting hairs.
I will say this, Kate Jackson is severely underrated in the Charlie’s Angles pantheon. She grew up where I live and I sat next to her at Christmas Church about 20 years ago when she was in her 50’s.

She is absolutely striking in person.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Every goal 55 scores for the Terps is an indictment on the poor decision made by PM.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:01 pm Every goal 55 scores for the Terps is an indictment on the poor decision made by PM.
this is getting so f*cking old. get over it already
Ruffled_Feathers

Post by Ruffled_Feathers »

Crying over spilled milk. Gotta have eyes to the future.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:02 pm
flalax22 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:01 pm Every goal 55 scores for the Terps is an indictment on the poor decision made by PM.
It was a poor decision. A decision that clearly hurt the program and did nothing to introduce a new culture or higher standard but in fact made it worse.
DMac

Post by DMac »

droliver wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:59 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:47 pm Jacylyn was the smokinest of 'em all.......although that's really splitting hairs.
I will say this, Kate Jackson is severely underrated in the Charlie’s Angles pantheon. She grew up where I live and I sat next to her at Christmas Church about 20 years ago when she was in her 50’s.

She is absolutely striking in person.
Bet she smelled nice too, eh? ;)
Not so sure any of them are/were underrated, the trio was the hottest game in town for quite awhile....and it sure as hell aint cuz it was a good show. Is pretty awful if you go back and watch an episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhemQO0Ch7g
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:52 pm

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Had to look that one up, Jw, thought maybeJoewillie7day the Farrah Faucet poster came out.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
You youngins and your girls. You need to look up Grace Kelly.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
My senior year at Hop. I made $1000 on that game. Got Colts fans to give me up to 10 to 1. :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:19 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:52 pm

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
You youngins and your girls. You need to look up Grace Kelly.
Grace was next level. Also pretty promiscuous even by today’s standards if the rumors are true. Visited her final resting place when I toured Monaco a number of years back.

The early 1950s were somethin’ (long before I was born): Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and a young Elizabeth Taylor.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

flalax22 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:15 pm
It was a poor decision. A decision that clearly hurt the program and did nothing to introduce a new culture or higher standard but in fact made it worse.
I scouted Murphy (#6) in the spring of 2016 after he committed to Hopkins as a freshman in September of 2015. Early recruiting at its best. Owen had 7 points (4g, 3a) in the Medfield (MA) rout of Westwood.

https://youtu.be/nNYvyxSDIi4

He later transferred to Avon Old Farms for two years before scoring 13 goals in the six game season for Hopkins in 2020. He was arguably the one offensive player you didn’t want to lose if you were Milliman.

He has averaged two plus goals per game for Maryland.

Looking back, it is amazing that he had the same blistering shot with the same physique that he has now. He still only weighs 155lbs.

I expect him to torment Hopkins for two more years as he moves full time to attack.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Why should he?

Murphy has 34 goals, 5 assists, and a 0.442 shooting percentage as a second line midfielder for the Terps. The Blue Jays arguably allowed the best player on their roster to transfer to their biggest rival.

And a Hopkins fan is just supposed to “get over it?”

I’m personally not that upset about Murphy’s transfer. I have doubts he would have been as nearly a productive player had he stayed. Sometimes a change of venue is necessary for a young person to thrive.

Still, Murphy is not a minor talent. Tillman and Benson are developing him into one of the best players in college lacrosse. Murphy isn’t quite there yet (not close), but he will be soon. Young man is going to score more than 50 goals in a season before his Maryland career is done.

If flalax22 is upset that the Blue Jays let one of the (future) best players in college lacrosse go to our biggest rival, let him be upset. That’s a perfectly rational response.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Hoponboard wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:17 am
I scouted Murphy (#6) in the spring of 2016 after he committed to Hopkins as a freshman in September of 2015. Early recruiting at its best. Owen had 7 points (4g, 3a) in the Medfield (MA) rout of Westwood.

He later transferred to Avon Old Farms for two years before scoring 13 goals in the six game season for Hopkins in 2020. He was arguably the one offensive player you didn’t want to lose if you were Milliman.

Looking back, it is amazing that he had the same blistering shot with the same physique that he has now. He still only weighs 155lbs.

I expect him to torment Hopkins for two more years as he moves full time to attack.
Running Murphy off into the arms of our biggest rival was one of the absolute worst, most stupid moves any coach at Hopkins has ever made. I think it's safe to say Peter Milliman is the worst coach in the history of Hopkins lacrosse, reinforced be back-to-back seasons out of playoff contention. It wasn't just that he didn't make the playoffs, he wasn't even in contention. He has no five-star recruits in the next two classes. The article about his hiring is the poster for how not to hire a coach.
When Debbie Yow was out looking for a replacement for Cottle, she asked around and listened to coaches about who to hire. I don't think lacrosse was even a sport she was all that familiar with, but she listened to people and got the very best coach out there. Hiring your buddy from Cornell after ZOOM interviews has turned into an utter disaster. Milliman's "holier than thou", "my way or the highway approach" has sent the program into a tailspin. I don't care how he came up, or what dues he's paid, it's clear he's a FCJ. IT's going to be impossible to get top-tier transfers now while other BIG teams load up on them. Hopkins lax is seriously behind the eight ball now and it's Jen Baker's fault.
We have gotten rid of other coaches before. We will get rid of PM.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:07 am
Why should he?

Murphy has 34 goals, 5 assists, and a 0.442 shooting percentage as a second line midfielder for the Terps. The Blue Jays arguably allowed the best player on their roster to transfer to their biggest rival.

And a Hopkins fan is just supposed to “get over it?”

I’m personally not that upset about Murphy’s transfer. I have doubts he would have been as nearly a productive player had he stayed. Sometimes a change of venue is necessary for a young person to thrive.

Still, Murphy is not a minor talent. Tillman and Benson are developing him into one of the best players in college lacrosse. Murphy isn’t quite there yet (not close), but he will be soon. Young man is going to score more than 50 goals in a season before his Maryland career is done.

If flalax22 is upset that the Blue Jays let one of the (future) best players in college lacrosse go to our biggest rival, let him be upset. That’s a perfectly rational response.

DocBarrister
Don’t you know who’s in charge of these threads?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:53 am

Running Murphy off into the arms of our biggest rival was one of the absolute worst, most stupid moves any coach at Hopkins has ever made. I think it's safe to say Peter Milliman is the worst coach in the history of Hopkins lacrosse, reinforced be back-to-back seasons out of playoff contention. It wasn't just that he didn't make the playoffs, he wasn't even in contention. He has no five-star recruits in the next two classes. The article about his hiring is the poster for how not to hire a coach.
When Debbie Yow was out looking for a replacement for Cottle, she asked around and listened to coaches about who to hire. I don't think lacrosse was even a sport she was all that familiar with, but she listened to people and got the very best coach out there. Hiring your buddy from Cornell after ZOOM interviews has turned into an utter disaster. Milliman's "holier than thou", "my way or the highway approach" has sent the program into a tailspin. I don't care how he came up, or what dues he's paid, it's clear he's a FCJ. IT's going to be impossible to get top-tier transfers now while other BIG teams load up on them. Hopkins lax is seriously behind the eight ball now and it's Jen Baker's fault.
Alright, I need to know what FCJ is?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:24 pm

Yeah, I tried to look that up and kept getting “Faithful Companions of Jesus”, which may be correct but just doesn’t seem right in this context.

DocBarrister :P
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:24 pm

Yeah, I tried to look that up and kept getting “Faithful Companions of Jesus”, which may be correct but just doesn’t seem right in this context.

DocBarrister :P
Ahh haysuz.. are you telling me jesus can’t hit a curveball?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3TMg3koRE
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:53 am We have gotten rid of other coaches before. We will get rid of PM.
I love the royal "we".
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

It wasn't just that he didn't make the playoffs, he wasn't even in contention. He has no five-star recruits in the next two classes.
Murphy was a four-star recruit. There are limitations to his game. While he has great hands and a dope shot, he’s not a dodger. Terps use him perfectly, particularly as a wing shooter on fast breaks.

In fairness to Milliman, he’s got 6 four-star recruits showing up this fall and a new OC, so I’m reserving judgment until I see the new talent in Fall Ball.

It’s very realistic to build a winning program with 12 four-star recruits in two years. Warne turned Georgetown into a powerhouse, very attractive to transfers, once he got his own recruiting classes in place.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”