Transfer Portal 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Transfer Portal 2023

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:17 am Has the grad student transfer phenomenon hit women's lacrosse yet?
Yes, but maybe less significantly than in the men’s game. Maryland women had two crucial grad transfers (from Hopkins and Penn) that essentially gave them the horsepower to get to Memorial Day weekend.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:57 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:17 am Has the grad student transfer phenomenon hit women's lacrosse yet?
Yes, but maybe less significantly than in the men’s game. Maryland women had two crucial grad transfers (from Hopkins and Penn) that essentially gave them the horsepower to get to Memorial Day weekend.
UNC brought in several transfer this past season
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

AreaLax wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:18 am
UNC brought in several transfer this past season
Yes, and one of them scored the last four goals of the comeback against Northwestern.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Aurora Cordingly was a fantastic addition as was Grace Griffin.

But the 2022 Maryland women’s team is a very young team outside those two. In their final game, I read that 14 of their 16 goals were scored by girls who qualify for two more years of action.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:30 am

But the 2022 Maryland women’s team is a very young team outside those two. In their final game, I read that 14 of their 16 goals were scored by girls who qualify for two more years of action.
JFTR, Griffin is not a transfer. Three time captain, Terp all the way.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:58 am

Roger. I’m obviously no expert on the team. I found it intriguing that so many goals were scored by girls with that much time left. I do think Cordingly’s season goal-scoring helped those younger girls develop.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:53 am

Roger. I’m obviously no expert on the team. I found it intriguing that so many goals were scored by girls with that much time left. I do think Cordingly’s season goal-scoring helped those younger girls develop.
Agreed. She brought a lot to the team. And they are young still. In the mix next year.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:09 am

Agreed. She brought a lot to the team. And they are young still. In the mix next year.
Aurora Cordingley is a great player with one of the greatest names in college lacrosse. “Aurora Cordingley” sounds like a fictitious name from a romance novel.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:31 am

Aurora Cordingley is a great player with one of the greatest names in college lacrosse. “Aurora Cordingley” sounds like a fictitious name from a romance novel.

DocBarrister
I’ll bet you have a stack of harlequin romance paperbacks in your closet…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:49 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:31 am

DocBarrister
I’ll bet you have a stack of harlequin romance paperbacks in your closet…
More into Kdramas (especially Kim Tae Ri).

I’m a dashing and romantic guy ….

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Gross.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:50 pm Heard a rumor today around NJ lacrosse. Tevlin and Fake of Yale are a package deal - and RU hot on the trail!
I have no knowledge on any of this, but There are no shoe contracts in lacrosse. Why would players enrolled at a prestigious school like Yale, voluntarily, want to transfer to one with a relatively pedestrian academic rep, unless one has academic issues?Most kids admitted to an Ivy realize the value of that degree or from a similarly regarded academic institution if desired. It’s ultimately about life after lacrosse.
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

blue angels wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:45 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:50 pm Heard a rumor today around NJ lacrosse. Tevlin and Fake of Yale are a package deal - and RU hot on the trail!
I have no knowledge on any of this, but There are no shoe contracts in lacrosse. Why would players enrolled at a prestigious school like Yale, voluntarily, want to transfer to one with a relatively pedestrian academic rep, unless one has academic issues?Most kids admitted to an Ivy realize the value of that degree or from a similarly regarded academic institution if desired. It’s ultimately about life after lacrosse.
Aren't they both graduate students? Probably have to transfer to use their last year of eligibility from Covid. Ivies were more stringent than the other conferences.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

You also don’t have any knowledge of school academic reps I guess. Bartolo literally transferred into RU from Penn last year. Cameron from UNC. Boswell from Bucknell. And not to mention, Rall came from Yale 2 years ago.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It sort of doesn’t matter if you’ve got the Ivy bachelors.
Fishstx

Post by Fishstx »

Ethan Rall was never at Yale
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

They are graduate transfers. Tevlin had a no contact clause on his portal entry and fake did not, you might not have correct information. That being said, I’ve heard Maryland is the likely landing spot for both.

Post by 1766 »

Fishstx wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:31 pm Ethan Rall was never at Yale
He's referring to Brian Ward who unfortunately was derailed by injuries. But his presence was a huge plus for the program. Like another coach.

I have not heard anything about Tevlin and Fake but you could easily see them sliding into roles that are opening up.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:44 pm
You also don’t have any knowledge of school academic reps I guess. Bartolo literally transferred into RU from Penn last year. Cameron from UNC. Boswell from Bucknell. And not to mention, Rall came from Yale 2 years ago.
Well I actually looked up the schools’ academic reputations per the article below, and it looks like you are the one who doesn’t know anything about that…….Thanks for drawing attention to the actual facts.
https://www.roi-nj.com/2021/09/09/educa ... versities/
You would have been better off just saying they graduated with their Ivy degrees and were using their last year like other posters did.
Last edited by blue angels on Mon May 30, 2022 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

I think Tevlin's uncle played for Rutgers back in the 80's? Given everything that family has been through can't help but root for him wherever he goes.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”