Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by Matnum PI »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:23 am When I visit the trending topics while not logged in, 5 of the top 30 are related to the shooting
I'm looking at what is trending this hour and 2 hours ago and 3 hours ago and etc. The "hot topics". For example:
https://twitter-trends.iamrohit.in/united-states
or https://twitter.com/explore/tabs/trending?lang=en
or https://trends24.in/united-states/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Posting this again:

The front page of www.theonion.com yesterday. They have published this article 21 times since 2014 and reposted all of them.

https://www.theonion.com/?fbclid=IwAR1j ... Z28BAbcSV8

DEPLORABLE
JoeMauer89

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:25 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:16 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:56 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:41 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:21 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:09 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:01 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:49 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:45 pm The weird thing is I agree with Robert on some of his ideas. The difficult thing when you listen to that Twitter speech is he seems disingenuous, mildly performative...
Who cares? He could be waving his arms and slapping cymbals between his knees and I wouldn't care. The point is, Now is the time. Now.

For what, exactly? It helps if you reveal what steps you’re seeking.

‘Gun control’ is complicated.

As a conservative, I’d support (I support) defined red flag laws (not “loosely” defined red flag laws, because otherwise anyone could deny anyone their right to self defense with any flimsy accusation), no guns til 21 (as well as voting), no semi or autos til 30, violent felons no guns at all, massive sweeps of known illegal gun activity (mostly cities like Baltimore), and universal background checks at all points of sale excepting shotguns.

And of course the biggie, which is the hardest, there has to be some focus on young introverted males who evidence disturbing behavior like this kid and all the others. Not sure what to do here but it’s clearly the #1 issue.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... what a troll? What bullsh*t? :lol: :lol:

a little less coffee in the morning might go a long way for you

just sayin’
.. don't drink coffee or any other caffeine delivery solution. Not deflected by bulls*t either.
No wonder you aren't, you spew so much of it on a daily basis!! :lol: :lol:

Joe
... must be goring your ox eh snowflake. :lol: :lol:
Not in the slightest. It's just par for the course with you. Find a hobby, get some fresh air. It will do wonders for you. More to life than the FLP Politics Thread!

Joe
Good advice for yourself.

You entered this discussion with a personal insult of a specific poster.
MD,

What's your point? If it's an issue the moderator will take it up with me. I'm not going to give you what you want to hear, as much as that bothers you. JHU72 went off the deep end a LONG time ago. We can all agree that guns are the issue here. But, for anyone in this thread to admit that they are the ONLY root cause of this mass school shooting epidemic, they have their head buried DEEP in the sand. We also have a Mental Health epidemic in this country, that plays a role into the mass shooting epidemic whether you like to admit it or not. We should be passing as much legislature as we can to make guns harder to obtain, that's a given. But that alone won't solve the problem. If you disagree with that, you are only kidding yourself! That enough substance for you Chucky?

Joe
Last edited by JoeMauer89 on Thu May 26, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This could provide a clue.....

Uvalde: AR-15
Buffalo: AR-15
Boulder: AR-15
Orlando: AR-15
Parkland: AR-15
Las Vegas: AR-15
Aurora, CO: AR-15
Sandy Hook: AR-15
Waffle House: AR-15
San Bernardino: AR-15
Midland/Odessa: AR-15
Poway synagogue: AR-15
Sutherland Springs: AR-15
Tree of Life Synagogue: AR-15
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:45 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:45 pm The weird thing is I agree with Robert on some of his ideas. The difficult thing when you listen to that Twitter speech is he seems disingenuous, mildly performative...
Who cares? He could be waving his arms and slapping cymbals between his knees and I wouldn't care. The point is, Now is the time. Now.

As a conservative, I’d support (I support) defined red flag laws (not “loosely” defined red flag laws, because otherwise anyone could deny anyone their right to self defense with any flimsy accusation), no guns til 21 (as well as voting), no semi or autos til 30, violent felons no guns at all, massive sweeps of known illegal gun activity (mostly cities like Baltimore), and universal background checks at all points of sale excepting shotguns.

And of course the biggie, which is the hardest, there has to be some focus on young introverted males who evidence disturbing behavior like this kid and all the others. Not sure what to do here but it’s clearly the #1 issue.

just sayin’
.. don't drink coffee or any other caffeine delivery solution. Not deflected by bulls*t either.

Joe
Not in the slightest. It's just par for the course with you. Find a hobby, get some fresh air. It will do wonders for you. More to life than the FLP Politics Thread!

Joe

MD,

What's your point? If it's an issue the moderator will take it up with me. I'm not going to give you what you want to hear, as much as that bothers you. JHU72 went off the deep end a LONG time ago. We can all agree that guns are the issue here. But, for anyone in this thread to admit that they are the ONLY root cause of this mass school shooting epidemic, they have their head buried DEEP in the sand. We also have a Mental Health epidemic in this country, that plays a role into the mass shooting epidemic whether you like to admit it or not. We should be passing as much legislature as we can to make guns harder to obtain, that's a given. But that alone won't solve the problem. If you disagree with that, you are only kidding yourself! That enough substance for you Chucky?

Joe
... sounds like someone with a gored ox. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:58 am If you want/need a gun, prove that you can handle a gun. Japan's process for buying a gun requires an interview with the police about why you need a gun, a psych evaluation, 3 different permits and a background check that includes interviews of family and neighbors.

Every country has pluses and minuses. America isn’t Japan and vice versa. Their culture is very different than ours. It’s of zero help contrasting gun laws there to here.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:32 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:23 am When I visit the trending topics while not logged in, 5 of the top 30 are related to the shooting
I'm looking at what is trending this hour and 2 hours ago and 3 hours ago and etc. The "hot topics". For example:
https://twitter-trends.iamrohit.in/united-states
or https://twitter.com/explore/tabs/trending?lang=en
or https://trends24.in/united-states/
Right, I think the main thing is that Twitter says the algorithm tracks topics that are trending upwards right now, rather than those that have been popular for a day or two. So if a lot of people have used #AR15 over the past day in a sustained manner, it won't show up in trending topics.

I guess it's a way to keep fresh content to make people check it more often.

But right now in your link you've got Jimmy Kimmel trending in a video about it, SWAT trending for the potentially poor handling of the situation, and also these related hashtags that are trending: Cops, O'Rourke, Eugene Stoner, Well Regulated, Shall not be Infringed, and last day of school
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:21 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:26 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:18 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:12 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:34 am
Typical Democratic message today: I care more about these deaths than you do.
Our troll is finally correct on something. They actually do. Or at least the vast majority of Democratic representatives care more than the vast majority of Republican ones. https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/politics ... index.html
Instructive to watch grandstanding gubernatorial Democratic candidate Beto O'Rourke crash the governor's press conference as the genius Lt. Governor calls him an a-hole on national television as he orders the cops to remove him from the room.
I'm sure glad I don't live in Texas with these morons in charge.
Shameless grandstanding, staged political ploy during a very somber press conference.

He deserves to lose by a ton just for that.
Back to being wrong. It was the press conference that was political grandstanding.

*Elected* politicians are expected to host press conferences such as that as a rite of sharing grief and offering condolences. It’s civil.

Private citizens aren’t generally expected to stage a fundraising hysteric protest there.

Beto will lose a ton of support from the center because of this. I understand the lunatics of the left are screaming hosannas for him for the same, but in Texas, those folks aren’t any more than 10% of the electorate tops. Bad move strategically because it was a bad move morally. What an insufferable toolbox.
The governor and city/town mayor holding a press conference isn’t grandstanding. Parading every Republican holding an elected office related to Uvalde onto a stage is nothing except grandstanding.

Every person in the audience for the press conference should have joined Beto in his criticism of those useless elected officials.

The only time I want to hear “thoughts and prayers” is the answer is when I’m at church.

I’m actually not a fan of the ‘politician scrum press conference’ where many are simply angling for cred. Abbott or the mayor can handle it solo imo. These things are equal opportunity wastes of time; Democrats do it as well as Republicans. One or two guys, that’s all. Cruz doesn’t need to be there.

That said, Beto did it for less than honorable purposes. If you can’t see that…
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu May 26, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:56 am
CU88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:58 am If you want/need a gun, prove that you can handle a gun. Japan's process for buying a gun requires an interview with the police about why you need a gun, a psych evaluation, 3 different permits and a background check that includes interviews of family and neighbors.

Every country has pluses and minuses. America isn’t Japan and vice versa. Their culture is very different than ours. It’s of zero help contrasting gun laws there to here.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^ comedian!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:59 am But right now in your link you've got Jimmy Kimmel trending in a video about it, SWAT trending for the potentially poor handling of the situation, and also these related hashtags that are trending: Cops, O'Rourke, Eugene Stoner, Well Regulated, Shall not be Infringed, and last day of school
You're right. e.g. Jimmy Kimmel isn't about Jimmy Kimmel. It's Jimmy Kimmel... because he's so upset about the shootings. You're right. With this said, the #1 trending topic is a bit odd...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

just sayin’

Joe

Joe

MD,

Joe

Very good post. +1
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:00 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:21 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:26 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:18 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:12 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:34 am
Typical Democratic message today: I care more about these deaths than you do.
Our troll is finally correct on something. They actually do. Or at least the vast majority of Democratic representatives care more than the vast majority of Republican ones. https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/politics ... index.html
Instructive to watch grandstanding gubernatorial Democratic candidate Beto O'Rourke crash the governor's press conference as the genius Lt. Governor calls him an a-hole on national television as he orders the cops to remove him from the room.
I'm sure glad I don't live in Texas with these morons in charge.
Shameless grandstanding, staged political ploy during a very somber press conference.

He deserves to lose by a ton just for that.
Back to being wrong. It was the press conference that was political grandstanding.

*Elected* politicians are expected to host press conferences such as that as a rite of sharing grief and offering condolences. It’s civil.

Private citizens aren’t generally expected to stage a fundraising hysteric protest there.

Beto will lose a ton of support from the center because of this. I understand the lunatics of the left are screaming hosannas for him for the same, but in Texas, those folks aren’t any more than 10% of the electorate tops. Bad move strategically because it was a bad move morally. What an insufferable toolbox.
The governor and city/town mayor holding a press conference isn’t grandstanding. Parading every Republican holding an elected office related to Uvalde onto a stage is nothing except grandstanding.

Every person in the audience for the press conference should have joined Beto in his criticism of those useless elected officials.

The only time I want to hear “thoughts and prayers” is the answer is when I’m at church.

I’m actually not a fan of the ‘politician scrum press conference’ where many are simply angling for cred. Abbott or the mayor can handle it solo imo. These things are equal opportunity wastes of time; Democrats do it as well as Republicans. One or two guys, that’s all. Cruz doesn’t need to be there.

That said, Beto did it for less than honorable purposes. If you can’t see that…
... dishonorable purposes like calling out gaslighting pieces of sh*t (Abbott administration) for what they are.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:03 am

just sayin’

Joe

Joe

MD,

Joe

Very good post. +1

... ass kissing post -1 :lol:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:02 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:59 am But right now in your link you've got Jimmy Kimmel trending in a video about it, SWAT trending for the potentially poor handling of the situation, and also these related hashtags that are trending: Cops, O'Rourke, Eugene Stoner, Well Regulated, Shall not be Infringed, and last day of school
You're right. e.g. Jimmy Kimmel isn't about Jimmy Kimmel. It's Jimmy Kimmel... because he's so upset about the shootings. You're right. With this said, the #1 trending topic is a bit odd...
I will say you are certainly correct that this will fall out of the public eye sooner rather than later.

Many are unfortunately becoming desensitized to it.

Then you have people (some here) saying it's too early to talk about politics, or it's political grandstanding to demand action. And to them I say, is it still too early to talk about action in response to Sandy Hook? Or Parkland? Or Las Vegas?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:46 am This could provide a clue.....

Uvalde: AR-15
Buffalo: AR-15
Boulder: AR-15
Orlando: AR-15
Parkland: AR-15
Las Vegas: AR-15
Aurora, CO: AR-15
Sandy Hook: AR-15
Waffle House: AR-15
San Bernardino: AR-15
Midland/Odessa: AR-15
Poway synagogue: AR-15
Sutherland Springs: AR-15
Tree of Life Synagogue: AR-15
Do you understand how many variants there are of AR15 type weapons? In NYS the Buffalo shooter owned a variant of the AR 15 totally legal under king Andy's SAFE ACT. A half truth is still a lie.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:00 am

Sounds like a gored ox to me! :lol: :lol:

Man, you are incapable of self-awareness...'

Joe
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:11 am

Joe

... here you go Joe. An excuse that will resonate with your psyche. :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:11 am

Joe

... here you go Joe. An excuse that will resonate with your psyche. :lol: :lol:
It’s Fauci’s Fault!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”