Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RepubliCON piece of sh*t offering thoughts and prayers for his own district.
Tony Gonzales
@TonyGonzales4TX

US House candidate, TX-23
My heart breaks for the city of Uvalde. Pray for our families.

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.” “Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Matthew 19:14
3:44 PM · May 24, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

REPUBLICONS JUST DON"T CARE!!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The expected republiCON reaction. A fellow traveler of our resident troll speaks.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:06 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:02 pm Greg Abbott comments.
These are the people who blather about "American Exceptionalism," but who have made us into a Third World country. Bad infrastructure, political paralysis, and 350,000,000 guns.
Of course liberals such as yourself will gladly exclude yourself and your ideology from contributing to the mess we are in. :roll: if the solution is to ban all guns let me know how that works out. All of those many people who own illegal firearms will gladly turn them in. Everybody is looking at the guns and ignoring the crazy people behind the guns. What scares the hell out of me is the plethora of unstable people in this country that are willing to shoot innocent people for no reason. It appears this person celebrated his 18th birthday by purchasing the weapons he used. It could be time to raise the age to purchase a firearm to 18. It should also be mandatory to complete a firearm safety course. This is certainly not a solution, but it is a start.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:12 am
These are the people who blather about "American Exceptionalism," but who have made us into a Third World country. Bad infrastructure, political paralysis, and 350,000,000 guns.
Of course liberals such as yourself will gladly exclude yourself and your ideology from contributing to the mess we are in. :roll: if the solution is to ban all guns let me know how that works out. All of those many people who own illegal firearms will gladly turn them in. Everybody is looking at the guns and ignoring the crazy people behind the guns. What scares the hell out of me is the plethora of unstable people in this country that are willing to shoot innocent people for no reason. It appears this person celebrated his 18th birthday by purchasing the weapons he used. It could be time to raise the age to purchase a firearm to 18. It should also be mandatory to complete a firearm safety course. This is certainly not a solution, but it is a start.
Grow up. No one is insisting all guns must be banned. Americans have owned guns since forever and never had this problem until high capacity, high rate of fire weapons were made legal. Until we made acquiring and carrying a gun in public easier than acquiring a drivers license. :roll: :roll: I am sorry if it offends you, but this is a problem that is almost totally the responsibility of the republican party.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Faux News is not in rare form this morning. The problem in Uvalde is (1) because of illegal immigrants; (2) not enough god in America. I guess we aren't giving enough thoughts and prayers. :roll: :roll: All Fascism all the Time TV.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The republiCON playbook for mass shooting events:

The ghoulishly similar response of republiCON politicians.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad

Do you have a link to a piece of legislation that proposes to ban all guns? You sound stupid (again).
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:06 am
Grow up. No one is insisting all guns must be banned. Americans have owned guns since forever and never had this problem until high capacity, high rate of fire weapons were made legal. Until we made acquiring and carrying a gun in public easier than acquiring a drivers license. :roll: :roll: I am sorry if it offends you, but this is a problem that is almost totally the responsibility of the republican party.
Back up the bus didn't Doc Barrister propose that just a few posts above. He appeared to be serious as a heart attack in doing so. FTR aquirering a hand gun in NYS legally is a monumental task that can take as long as a year depending on what county you live in. Buying any weapon in NYS legally requires an FBI background check from the firearms dealer. I agree that different states are very lax on gun ownership. I've said this a 1000 times, step one should be the BATF cracking down on the sale of firearms across state lines. If the solution is the sale of all firearms be regulated at the federal level.. there are 50 states that will take exception to that and the court cases will go on for many years. I'm all for keeping firearms out of the hands of unstable people. How our nation goes about doing that is no simple task. FTR I'm becoming more and more on the side of limiting the sales of AR-15 type weapons. IMO they are not a practical weapon for home defense. I don't think most folks that own these weapons understand how far a 5.56 round can travel and still be lethal. That would be in excess of 300 meters. That is farther than most people can see.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:33 am
Do you have a link to a piece of legislation that proposes to ban all guns? You sound stupid (again).
That is the SOLUTION that Doc B proposed as a good start. As far as I know there is no current legislation YET to ban all guns. Maybe if you understood the context of what I was saying you wouldn't come across like a moron...
I stand corrected. Doc only wants to ban handguns and semi automatic weapons. You want to get into the what is a semi automatic weapon debate??
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:44 am
Back up the bus didn't Doc Barrister propose that just a few posts above. He appeared to be serious as a heart attack in doing so. FTR aquirering a hand gun in NYS legally is a monumental task that can take as long as a year depending on what county you live in. Buying any weapon in NYS legally requires an FBI background check from the firearms dealer. I agree that different states are very lax on gun ownership. I've said this a 1000 times, step one should be the BATF cracking down on the sale of firearms across state lines. If the solution is the sale of all firearms be regulated at the federal level.. there are 50 states that will take exception to that and the court cases will go on for many years. I'm all for keeping firearms out of the hands of unstable people. How our nation goes about doing that is no simple task. FTR I'm becoming more and more on the side of limiting the sales of AR-15 type weapons. IMO they are not a practical weapon for home defense. I don't think most folks that own these weapons understand how far a 5.56 round can travel and still be lethal. That would be in excess of 300 meters. That is farther than most people can see.
... I am not Doc B.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

There are lots of straight forward reasonable solutions that are possible. It only requires the current republican law makers get out of the way and take an interest in real solutions. You solve this problem, armed civilians wandering the streets, you will go a long way to solving the problem of police unnecessarily killing civilians.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Erin Alberty@erinalberty

I just told my 3rd grader about the shooting. She replied:

"Yeah. We had a lockdown drill today. There aren't very many hiding places in our room. The good ones all get taken in like 3 seconds."

Then she left.

5:48 PM · May 24, 2022·Twitter for Android
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:07 am
There are lots of straight forward reasonable solutions that are possible. It only requires the current republican law makers get out of the way and take an interest in real solutions. You solve this problem, armed civilians wandering the streets, you will go a long way to solving the problem of police unnecessarily killing civilians.

“police unnecessarily killing civilians” :roll:

You may as well say you’re not a serious player in this debate.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:47 am
That is the SOLUTION that Doc B proposed as a good start. As far as I know there is no current legislation YET to ban all guns. Maybe if you understood the context of what I was saying you wouldn't come across like a moron...
I stand corrected. Doc only wants to ban handguns and semi automatic weapons. You want to get into the what is a semi automatic weapon debate??
I asked you a question. BTW, stop complaining about gun violence in Rochester. Don’t want to see you post anything about that. Crime in Rochester hasn’t stopped YET. Just wait it will.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

No he did not. He was specific. Ban hand guns, ban assault rifles.
I own a half dozen guns for hunting. None would be banned under Doc's suggestion.

Yes, this needs to be national legislation and it needs to stand up in SCOTUS.

I'm in favor of legal gun range situations that enable citizens to train on weapons, use them in sport, but not keep them in their homes, nor use them in supermarkets, schools, and churches.

I'm in favor of universal background checks of all guns, all situations, including, even, family transfers. No exceptions.

National legislation.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:47 am

Democrats are extraordinarily dishonest about this discussion.

Return to “POLITICS”