Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Enter gymman and the new “hop should be in the final four within 6 years unless the coach sucks” thread. ETA: Q4 2022
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Nice write-up on the MD-UVA game.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... eign/59726

"Add Blue Jays transfer Owen Murphy into the mix with his four goals and assist and it's a trio of shattered expectations."
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:31 am Nice write-up on the MD-UVA game.

"Add Blue Jays transfer Owen Murphy into the mix with his four goals and assist and it's a trio of shattered expectations."
how long are you going to cry about this?
Hail to the Victors

Post by Hail to the Victors »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:46 am
Sagittarius A* wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:31 am Nice write-up on the MD-UVA game.

Hey, if it clearly bothers you, then I'd say at least for a while longer... :lol: :lol:
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Hail to the Victors wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:59 pm

Hey, if it clearly bothers you, then I'd say at least for a while longer... :lol: :lol:
crazy how many people here exist solely to annoy others. but i guess that's the internet for you
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Hail to the Victors wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:59 pm

Yep, Mr. Murphy will be starring on the big stage on Memorial Day Weekend while his Blue Jay ex-teammates will be watching on TV.
The Luke Wierman-Owen Murphy show will be playing in College Park for the next couple of years.
Thanks a lot Jen Baker.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:22 am It’s not a movement offense it’s more one on one that Lehigh employed last few years. Why depth was so important. I watched a lot of Lehigh this year because Bart was on the schedule. They were dead when Mule was off and he was hit or miss game to game. Not opining in the future at Hop but if you want motion a guy like Brundage, by comparison, is more suited to that style.
A rare useful post. excellent.
DocBarrister

Congratulations to the Johns Hopkins Graduating Class of 2022

Post by DocBarrister »

From the Johns Hopkins men’s lax Twitter feed:

🎓 Jake Calnan
🎓 Joey Epstein
🎓 Garrett Degnon
🎓 Jack Hawley
🎓 Brady Keneally
🎓 Owen McManus
🎓 Alexander Mabbett
🎓 Jake Lilly
🎓 Jared Fernandez

Congratulations and best wishes!

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:36 pm
This is not a sign that PM had his hand forced into anything or that only JHU guys work as coaches at JHU.
Aw c'mon. LOL
Definitely a good smart hire for the program, but I HIGHLY doubt Milliman had anything to with it.
This hire puts him squarely on the hot seat. He's the next fall guy; writing is on the wall.
Again, PM's best move at this point is to find an exit ramp while he still can.
Not sure I agree with Milliman not being involved. If he is as smart as some of you have said this is a good for him. I know that the JHU alumni pressure was getting to him. He also had communication issues with Jr. This will relieve the alumni pressure and he is getting a proven OC.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HappyGilmore wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:47 pm
This is not a sign that PM had his hand forced into anything or that only JHU guys work as coaches at JHU.
Aw c'mon. LOL
Definitely a good smart hire for the program, but I HIGHLY doubt Milliman had anything to with it.
This hire puts him squarely on the hot seat. He's the next fall guy; writing is on the wall.
Not sure I agree with Milliman not being involved. If he is as smart as some of you have said this is a good for him. I know that the JHU alumni pressure was getting to him. He also had communication issues with Jr. This will relieve the alumni pressure and he is getting a proven OC.
If you reread this profile you gain a sincere appreciation of who he is and what he's overcome in his personal life. I don't think he/the ad/or Daniels cares what alumni lacrosse or otherwise think and Daniels has made it abundantly clear that he delights in the tears of alumni yearning for "old hopkins".

https://hub.jhu.edu/magazine/2021/sprin ... -milliman/

that writer Mclaughlin btw is the best lacrosse writer by far right now.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Aw c'mon. LOL
The 2022 season isn't even over yet and already we have a strong contender for the dumbest post of 2023. :roll:

You Hop guys sure provide a lot of free entertainment. :D
Lager

Post by Lager »

Dumbest thing Milliman did was leave a good cornell program for a dead Hopkins program. Quint is throwing a perpetual fit at this point over Hop's play and the ACC losing a billion out of conference games every year.
CrookedJay

Post by CrookedJay »

jhu06 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:59 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:22 am It’s not a movement offense it’s more one on one that Lehigh employed last few years. Why depth was so important. I watched a lot of Lehigh this year because Bart was on the schedule. They were dead when Mule was off and he was hit or miss game to game. Not opining in the future at Hop but if you want motion a guy like Brundage, by comparison, is more suited to that style.
Wonder if Crawley will be told he can run his own offense or what Milliman tells him to run. The latter could have been a reason for some of the issues with JG Jr, as it’s tough to implement someone else’s vision (and if Jr didn’t believe in it no doubt the players picked up on that).

If Crawley can run the described 1v1 offense, isn’t that what everyone says the Hopkins athletes can’t do?

Will be interesting to see it all play out and hope it works!
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

CrookedJay wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:28 am
Wonder if Crawley will be told he can run his own offense or what Milliman tells him to run. The latter could have been a reason for some of the issues with JG Jr, as it’s tough to implement someone else’s vision (and if Jr didn’t believe in it no doubt the players picked up on that).

If Crawley can run the described 1v1 offense, isn’t that what everyone says the Hopkins athletes can’t do?

Crawley is certainly a very capable coach, but what will be an immediate improvement from John Grant Jr. will be his relatability and ability to connect with players. He has been great there early in his career. As I understand it this was not a strength of John Grant Jr. It is also equally if not more important than what he can bring to the program tactically - he’s a great hire.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:57 am
CrookedJay wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:28 am

Crawley is certainly a very capable coach, but what will be an immediate improvement from John Grant Jr. will be his relatability and ability to connect with players. He has been great there early in his career. As I understand it this was not a strength of John Grant Jr. It is also equally if not more important than what he can bring to the program tactically - he’s a great hire.
Yes it’s just to crooked’s question, a matter of time. 2-3 more years to build the personnel and appropriate depth to run that system.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

CU77 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:30 pm
Aw c'mon. LOL
The 2022 season isn't even over yet and already we have a strong contender for the dumbest post of 2023. :roll:

Do you guys want him back? Take him please.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Aw c'mon. LOL

How would you feel if PM had run off Jeff Teat when he was there?
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:11 am
Aw c'mon. LOL

Is this a comparison of Epstein to Jeff Teat? I'm not saying that's not valid, although I would disagree, but want to make sure that's the point you are trying to make?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

It's never a bad time to point out that Sag A's preferred HC candidates are 13-23 and 15-18 in the CAA and America East, respectively, over the past three seasons. PM's team destroyed one of them this year and the other lost to Binghamton and UMBC by a combined 17 goals.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

joewillie78 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:20 am
Sagittarius A* wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:11 am
Aw c'mon. LOL

Is this a comparison of Epstein to Jeff Teat? I'm not saying that's not valid, although I would disagree, but want to make sure that's the point you are trying to make?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
No, I'm comparing him to Murphy. Murphy was our best attackman before PM got here. Now he's starring for the Terps.
Do you not see how bad this is??
And I didn't see Cornell making any effort to hold onto Milliman. They just let him walk and ended up with the better coach.
He can't recruit and he sucks as a coach. Unless he wins the NC there's not way he gets a contract extension.
If I were him, I'd be looking for a new home ASAP.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”