Semifinal No. 2 -- Maryland v. BC 5/27 -- 5:00 pm

D1 Womens Lacrosse
8meterPA

Re: Semifinal No. 2 -- Maryland v. BC 5/27 -- 5:00 pm

Post by 8meterPA »

@inthe8m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:15 pm trolls-internet-dont-feed-623x415.jpg
This is perfect - I would suggest posting this to every troll that that troll trolls.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:28 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:18 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:14 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 pm
Lax101 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:32 am That emoji pretty much sums up how North felt going 1v1 with one of the best defenders in the country. That is why nobody plays North straight up. Will be curious to see how CR game plans for her. Cathy does not normally face guard. Never did it to Apuzzo. I'm guessing same will be true vs North and CR will just rely on early slides.
So who draws that duty? Griffey or Bosco?
Does Maryland typically play man or zone defense?
Very solid man
Who would you assign to whom? Also Smith, Medjid, Martello...
I am definitely not Cathy Reese so I wouldn't be surprised if these end up completely wrong, but I think Bosco on Smith, just because they both line up on the circle and I think their speed matches up well. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosco on North either. BC moves the ball very well which can create some mixed-up matchups so everyone on Maryland's D needs to be ready to mark anyone on BC's attack. They rely on good body positioning, communication, and sliding. I think if there is a mismatch created, for Maryland, it really isn't the end of the world. They won't try and switch marks in the middle of BC's offensive set just to make sure everyones on the right matchup unless it's extremely safe to do so.

To be honest, after the first two or 3 matchups, I'd be guessing even more than I already am. Smith on Medjid? Idk. Aside from ideal matchups for whoever Maryland deems the top 2 or 3 threats, I can see Maryland just focusing on their game on defense. I say "ideal matchup" because for whatever reason I feel like the conversation in the locker room is going to go something like "Ideally, we'd like you on her. Try your best to be on her, but if something happens and you switch marks with someone, don't do anything too risky to switch back". Each defender is likely familiar with the tendencies of the BC attack both at an individual level and as a unit. Maryland faithful, feel free to chime in and correct me on anything.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:57 pm
Lax101 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:32 am That emoji pretty much sums up how North felt going 1v1 with one of the best defenders in the country. That is why nobody plays North straight up. Will be curious to see how CR game plans for her. Cathy does not normally face guard. Never did it to Apuzzo. I'm guessing same will be true vs North and CR will just rely on early slides.
Very solid man
I am definitely not Cathy Reese so I wouldn't be surprised if these end up completely wrong, but I think Bosco on Smith, just because they both line up on the circle and I think their speed matches up well. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosco on North either. BC moves the ball very well which can create some mixed-up matchups so everyone on Maryland's D needs to be ready to mark anyone on BC's attack. They rely on good body positioning, communication, and sliding. I think if there is a mismatch created, for Maryland, it really isn't the end of the world. They won't try and switch marks in the middle of BC's offensive set just to make sure everyones on the right matchup unless it's extremely safe to do so.

To be honest, after the first two or 3 matchups, I'd be guessing even more than I already am. Smith on Medjid? Idk. Aside from ideal matchups for whoever Maryland deems the top 2 or 3 threats, I can see Maryland just focusing on their game on defense. I say "ideal matchup" because for whatever reason I feel like the conversation in the locker room is going to go something like "Ideally, we'd like you on her. Try your best to be on her, but if something happens and you switch marks with someone, don't do anything too risky to switch back". Each defender is likely familiar with the tendencies of the BC attack both at an individual level and as a unit. Maryland faithful, feel free to chime in and correct me on anything.
Totally agree and don't think MD focuses too much on match ups but being prepared for tendencies, situations etc.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

People, don't start. If you don't like a post-er or their posts, block them. Don't use this forum to (repeatedly) trash post-ers.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

tothedraw wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:09 pm
Very solid man

Totally agree and don't think MD focuses too much on match ups but being prepared for tendencies, situations etc.
I believe MD has shown a tendency to match Bosco up against the opponents best offensive player.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

@inthe8m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm
tothedraw wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:09 pm
Very solid man

I believe MD has shown a tendency to match Bosco up against the opponents best offensive player.
Yeah that’s what I’ve seen. I just thought the Smith matchup was also a convenient one
DMac

Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:40 pm
cltlax wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:35 pm
Testudo98 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:48 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:10 am
Lax101 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:32 am That (yawn) emoji pretty much sums up how North felt going 1v1 with one of the best defenders in the country. That is why nobody plays North straight up.
Well put.
You just have overdone the slobbering over North to such a degree that I just don’t care anymore. I’m sure she’d be sick of it too.
It's really painful to read. Especially combined with the unflagging defense of the 0:06 goal...
What does the 0:06 goal have to do with North?
She's the despicable one who initiated the play by throwing the assist on the supererogatory goal with 6 seconds left.
The accomplice.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:02 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:40 pm
cltlax wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:35 pm
Testudo98 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:48 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:10 am
Lax101 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:32 am That (yawn) emoji pretty much sums up how North felt going 1v1 with one of the best defenders in the country. That is why nobody plays North straight up.
Well put.
You just have overdone the slobbering over North to such a degree that I just don’t care anymore. I’m sure she’d be sick of it too.
It's really painful to read. Especially combined with the unflagging defense of the 0:06 goal...
What does the 0:06 goal have to do with North?
She's the despicable one who initiated the play by throwing the assist on the supererogatory goal with 6 seconds left.
The accomplice.
DMac, you might have missed it, but cltlax responded that it was about the actual poster and not the content of the post.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh.....and to think I looked up a new (to me) big word and everything. ;)
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:45 pm
I chuckle at this Don’t Feed the Troll campaign. It didn’t work the first time it was enjoined and it certainly won’t work now. What is amusing is that if no one ever responded to anything I posted from here to the end of time – I would still post here. There is no place else on the Internet with the unique capabilities of Same Party Different House for aficionados of our fantastic sport. I love the sport of women’s lacrosse and that won’t change any time soon that I can see. Also, there are scores of guests who visit these boards – the silent majority, if you will. They also read what gets posted here. But to be clear—if no one ever anywhere read what I posted ever again, I would still enjoy posting here.

It’s also laughable that some folks are selective in remembering that I wasn’t alone on this or that side of an issue.

As long as women’s lacrosse is compelling to me, I’ll be right here posting about it.
🤢. You are nauseating. The cry baby in the school yard. You know nothing about lacrosse and such a wanna be. I know you will respond with some stupid a** comment, but just know so many readers find you incredibly annoying and tiresome. Turning yet another reader off and away from the website. 🤮
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Sunnylax wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:26 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:45 pm
I chuckle at this Don’t Feed the Troll campaign. It didn’t work the first time it was enjoined and it certainly won’t work now. What is amusing is that if no one ever responded to anything I posted from here to the end of time – I would still post here. There is no place else on the Internet with the unique capabilities of Same Party Different House for aficionados of our fantastic sport. I love the sport of women’s lacrosse and that won’t change any time soon that I can see. Also, there are scores of guests who visit these boards – the silent majority, if you will. They also read what gets posted here. But to be clear—if no one ever anywhere read what I posted ever again, I would still enjoy posting here.

It’s also laughable that some folks are selective in remembering that I wasn’t alone on this or that side of an issue.

As long as women’s lacrosse is compelling to me, I’ll be right here posting about it.
🤢. You are nauseating. The cry baby in the school yard. You know nothing about lacrosse and such a wanna be. I know you will respond with some stupid a** comment, but just know so many readers find you incredibly annoying and tiresome. Turning yet another reader off and away from the website. 🤮
And this post will be flagged by ONW in 3,2,1…..

Poor admin
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Sunnylax wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:26 pm 🤢. You are nauseating. The cry baby in the school yard. You know nothing about lacrosse and such a wanna be. I know you will respond with some stupid a** comment, but just know so many readers find you incredibly annoying and tiresome. Turning yet another reader off and away from the website. 🤮
Not too sunny for a first post there, "sunnylax". You seem to "know" a lot for someone who just joined today. (Smells like a burner account to me.) I have a pretty good idea who you are, though. You didn't work very hard at disguising your style.

No need to worry about turned off readers. njbill came back, didn't he? Plus, new members are joining every day. Additionally, you don't speak for everyone. I'm sure you know that but it seemed fitting to point it out nonetheless.

As to admin's suggestion earlier in this thread about blocking folks you don't want to read anymore--here's how to do it:

Simply click on my name and it will bring you to my profile page. Then click "Add foe". Easy as can beasy.

Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 pm
Sunnylax wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:26 pm 🤢. You are nauseating. The cry baby in the school yard. You know nothing about lacrosse and such a wanna be. I know you will respond with some stupid a** comment, but just know so many readers find you incredibly annoying and tiresome. Turning yet another reader off and away from the website. 🤮
Not too sunny for a first post there, "sunnylax". You seem to "know" a lot for someone who just joined today. (Smells like a burner account to me.) I have a pretty good idea who you are, though. You didn't work very hard at disguising your style.

No need to worry about turned off readers. njbill came back, didn't he? Plus, new members are joining every day. Additionally, you don't speak for everyone. I'm sure you know that but it seemed fitting to point it out nonetheless.

As to admin's suggestion earlier in this thread about blocking folks you don't want to read anymore--here's how to do it:

Simply click on my name and it will bring you to my profile page. Then click "Add foe". Easy as can beasy.

Yep, know a lot. Played the women's game through college and beyond and coached as well. Far more than you could ever dream of. Burner account? You have absolutely no clue who I am. Nor does that matter. I can add you to my foe list as you suggest or reply when the h**ll I feel like it as do you . You su**k and will always be a wanna be troll who never ever picked up a stick. So stay in you troll basement and spew your BS.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No personal attacks. SunnyLax, 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty.
Poursuivant

Post by Poursuivant »

And I thought the GA Milton thread on the old site was….spirited!
OuttaNowhereWregget

It's looking like a soggy semifinal day/night unless the forecast changes or those whose responsibility it is to change the time do so. How does the Homewood surface play when wet? It rained during both the BC semi last year and the final. I don't remember there being much slipping and sliding. In any event--does either team benefit from wet conditions?
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

admin wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:43 pm
No personal attacks. SunnyLax, 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty.
Live fast, die young. Tis a shame Coach Sunny’s pithy commentary was taken from us too soon. The fame, the groupies, the booze, the pills — it all came too soon and too fast for this post-collegiate shooting star. Shine on, Sunny. Shine on. You are in a better place now.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Just watched the interview of Sydney Scales on Packer and Durham. All business. Serious as a heart attack. I wonder who she'll draw against Maryland. Cordingley (my first guess), May, Leubecker?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”