Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
flalax22

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by flalax22 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:36 pm
This is not a sign that PM had his hand forced into anything or that only JHU guys work as coaches at JHU.
Aw c'mon. LOL
Definitely a good smart hire for the program, but I HIGHLY doubt Milliman had anything to with it.
This hire puts him squarely on the hot seat. He's the next fall guy; writing is on the wall.
Again, PM's best move at this point is to find an exit ramp while he still can.
There is a strong sentiment from those I’ve talked to that PM just hired his successor
ColumbiaBlueBlack

Post by ColumbiaBlueBlack »

Hail to the Victors wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:58 pmMaybe we'll see the Easter Bunny again!
Crawley Img 0256 Crop Small.png
Crawley Img 0256 Crop Small.png (211.47 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
---------------------------
Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
https://despair.com/products/compromise
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

flalax22 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:47 pm
This is not a sign that PM had his hand forced into anything or that only JHU guys work as coaches at JHU.
Aw c'mon. LOL
Definitely a good smart hire for the program, but I HIGHLY doubt Milliman had anything to with it.
This hire puts him squarely on the hot seat. He's the next fall guy; writing is on the wall.
There is a strong sentiment from those I’ve talked to that PM just hired his successor
That makes sense. I heard even put it in the job description.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:18 pm
Aw c'mon. LOL
Lots of palace intrigue here. :?

Congratulations to John Crawley. Nice to see him return to Homewood.

Is it possible that a number of Blue Jays were waiting to see who the new OC was before deciding whether to enter the transfer portal?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:52 pm Is it possible that a number of Blue Jays were waiting to see who the new OC was before deciding whether to enter the transfer portal?
No
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:52 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:18 pm
Aw c'mon. LOL
Lots of palace intrigue here. :?

Congratulations to John Crawley. Nice to see him return to Homewood.

Is it possible that a number of Blue Jays were waiting to see who the new OC was before deciding whether to enter the transfer portal?

DocBarrister
No. These mass exodus rumors are just that. Not saying there won’t be some turnover but the guys truly enjoy playing at Hopkins.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Call me crazy, but I feel like if Crawley does a good job to merit him being the next HC at Hopkins, that would probably mean Hopkins has good results on the field and wins games, which probably means the current HC isn’t getting fired. But again, call me crazy.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

You hire a coach because he can help you win games and if crawley can do that then good. PM needs to get good players and coaches that can help him win and the first prerequisite should not be what alumni say about the hire on social media. Remember those alums "PM has to cater to" were happy w/Petro who struggled mightily at the end. Yes some of them provide serious fundraising and other support, but we just need to win and I will be interested to hear what Patriot leaguers think about this (because we know the media shy hopkins will not make PM available to discuss the hire) and we know the lax media is not smart.

Questions are why change over Grant jr and why crawley now. Also we should point out that Hop alum jameson came in and went heavier w/transfers than grant jr did, and so while crawley played for benson have to hope he too will explore turnover.

Dan Arestia @danarestia I don't understand the "too much talent from the portal is bad" takes.
You know what you get if you load up with the portal? You get to be Maryland. Or Rutgers. Or Georgetown. That's the ceiling. Get all the weapons you can.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

by the way about 20-25 percent of the comments during the pm reign have been along the lines of the clc/homewood folks not looking out for their relationships w/the programs inner core of parents of players/player alums. Two highly respected highly successful young coordinators w/Hopkins pedigrees should soothe those a bit.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I thought this season that Lehigh was better, generally, than its record implied. They lost twice to BU, lost to Georgetown, Cornell, Loyola, Hobart and Colgate (the only sub .500 team lost to). Also, they beat Army, beat Navy twice and beat Bucknell. Having watched the second Navy game, I'd say that Mr Crawley did a good job as Offensive Coordinator. Aside from playmaking, I was very impressed with Lehigh's shooting.
Homer

Post by Homer »

jhu06 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:57 pm Two highly respected highly successful young coordinators w/Hopkins pedigrees should soothe those a bit.
Dude Jamison is like the same age as you. Your hallucinations about Hopkins lacrosse are your own affair, but please tell me your co-workers, spouse, kids, etc., aren't being subjected to you acting under the delusional belief that you're "young."
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Homer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:08 pm
jhu06 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:57 pm Two highly respected highly successful young coordinators w/Hopkins pedigrees should soothe those a bit.
Dude Jamison is like the same age as you. Your hallucinations about Hopkins lacrosse are your own affair, but please tell me your co-workers, spouse, kids, etc., aren't being subjected to you acting under the delusional belief that you're "young."
Correct I wrote that tweet from my Rascal and I'm not only the hair club President, I'm also a client.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

faircornell wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:02 pm I thought this season that Lehigh was better, generally, than its record implied. They lost twice to BU, lost to Georgetown, Cornell, Loyola, Hobart and Colgate (the only sub .500 team lost to). Also, they beat Army, beat Navy twice and beat Bucknell. Having watched the second Navy game, I'd say that Mr Crawley did a good job as Offensive Coordinator. Aside from playmaking, I was very impressed with Lehigh's shooting.
we still don't know what the circumstances of grant's departure were.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

jhu06 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:47 pm
faircornell wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:02 pm I thought this season that Lehigh was better, generally, than its record implied. They lost twice to BU, lost to Georgetown, Cornell, Loyola, Hobart and Colgate (the only sub .500 team lost to). Also, they beat Army, beat Navy twice and beat Bucknell. Having watched the second Navy game, I'd say that Mr Crawley did a good job as Offensive Coordinator. Aside from playmaking, I was very impressed with Lehigh's shooting.
https://c.tenor.com/LfYdf-AkARAAAAAM/ru ... lander.gif
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:47 pm
and you're never going to. learn to accept it. btw, NOW you don't care about alums posting on social media because it doesn't fit your narrative but before yesterday it's pretty much all you ever wanted to talk about.

for those who don't like adjusted offensive efficiency, Lehigh's goals per game:

2019 (before Crawley): #47
2020 (Crawley hired): #15
2021: #9
2022: #38

The '20 and '21 seasons were Lehigh's best offensively in a decade.

Took a step back this year (again, injuries played some part in that) but the jump from '19 to '20-21 is pretty stark and certainly doesn't say anything bad about our new coordinator. But perhaps as important as that are the intangibles he brings some of you mentioned — relationship with alums, ability to relate to players, etc.
Ruffled_Feathers

Post by Ruffled_Feathers »

If the only thing this hire does is build you a better relationship with certain alums so that maybe the current roster gets some guest coaching it very well might be a god send.

We have more than a few players that could use some time here...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s not a movement offense it’s more one on one that Lehigh employed last few years. Why depth was so important. I watched a lot of Lehigh this year because Bart was on the schedule. They were dead when Mule was off and he was hit or miss game to game. Not opining in the future at Hop but if you want motion a guy like Brundage, by comparison, is more suited to that style.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Aw c'mon. LOL
The only question now is how long does PM want to sit around in a lame duck status?
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
They did give him an out though and a narrative to spin "they just didn't want coaches from outside the program there..."
He could also point to lack of support from RD.
I think that Providence job is still open....
groundballs44

Post by groundballs44 »

Since it seems like the sentiment is that PM is out after next year unless the team strings together a solid season (which they probably won't), where does everyone think PM lands? And who does Crawley hire as his OC when he gets the nod?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

brainworms

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”