Ivy League 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FannOLax

Re: Ivy League 2022

Post by FannOLax »

faircornell wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:46 pm Congratulations to the Ivies who ended their season today:

Penn: ILT Champions
Yale: Ivy Regular Season co-Champion

Congratulations and Good luck to Princeton for Final Four weekend appearance
Thank you Faircornell. I know that I'll be rooting for Cornell to beat Delaware and Rutgers. Go Big Red! Go Princeton Tigers!
wrapcheque

Post by wrapcheque »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:45 pm Matt Madalon. Good for him and the Tigers. So cool to see a D3 guy climb the ladder.
Maybe following the footsteps of another great coach who climbed through DIII?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wrapcheque wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:17 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:45 pm Matt Madalon. Good for him and the Tigers. So cool to see a D3 guy climb the ladder.
Daly? Who also did not play lacrosse
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

youthathletics wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:54 am
There’s so many great coaches that are D3 guys.

Tierney
Urick
Myers
Tambroni
Pressler
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:04 am

Tierney
Urick
Myers
Tambroni
Pressler
And let's not forget Tillman, who wouldn't be half the coach he is today were it not for his time pacing the sidelines @ Ithaca College.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

ICGrad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:35 am
InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:04 am

Tierney
Urick
Myers
Tambroni
Pressler
And let's not forget Tillman, who wouldn't be half the coach he is today were it not for his time pacing the sidelines @ Ithaca College.
Yeah I was only thinking about guys who played D3. There are many more who started coaching in D3. Tillman played at Cornell right?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

It’s a pretty cool story. There’s been a small handful of successful coaches that didn’t play the sport they coach. Mike Leach comes to mind. College lacrosse could use a few personalities like him 😂
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:49 am Yeah I was only thinking about guys who played D3. There are many more who started coaching in D3. Tillman played at Cornell right?
Yeah, he did. Colgate, then Cornell. Dude's upstate through and through.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:51 am
It’s a pretty cool story. There’s been a small handful of successful coaches that didn’t play the sport they coach. Mike Leach comes to mind. College lacrosse could use a few personalities like him 😂
Another nice story: https://www.ctinsider.com/gametimect/bo ... 097895.php
“I wish you would!”
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

Ivy League solidifies its top conference ranking by placing 2 teams in Championship Weekend!!.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Chousnake wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:17 pm Ivy League solidifies its top conference ranking by placing 2 teams in Championship Weekend!!.
Looks like two from B1G.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Could claim all four when MD wins w the other twos success meaningfully impacted by Donville and Bartolo (esp the latter) who wouldn’t have transferred but for league wide rules on 5th graduate students.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:35 pm Could claim all four when MD wins w the other twos success meaningfully impacted by Donville and Bartolo (esp the latter) who wouldn’t have transferred but for league wide rules on 5th graduate students.
Geez gtf over yourselves. You guys didn't invent these kids. They are good players and their identities don't revolve around what Ivy school they went to
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Settle down skippy. Time for a nap and maybe a new pad.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Pretty amazing — for the third time in four years, an Ivy League team will be playing on Memorial Day for a shot at the national championship.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:45 pm Pretty amazing — for the third time in four years, an Ivy League team will be playing on Memorial Day for a shot at the national championship.
Yes, and three of the last three years that the Ivy League has played lacrosse.
Laxman23

Post by Laxman23 »

Just wishing Cornell all the best today as the last IVY still standing. It has been a remarkable year for the league and it is quite funny to look back at the preseason comments on how the league would suffer with a two year lay off. In addition to wishing the Cornell team the best of luck today I would like to give a shout out to Joewillie78 who consistently supported all the IVY teams and predicted they would do well in their out of conference contests. It was a great season from many perspectives and I just wish the Cornell team and all its fans the best today. Continue to rep the league well as you have done all season. Show everyone there are two great teams playing today. Good luck!
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Bearfan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:04 am Just wishing Cornell all the best today as the last IVY still standing. It has been a remarkable year for the league and it is quite funny to look back at the preseason comments on how the league would suffer with a two year lay off. In addition to wishing the Cornell team the best of luck today I would like to give a shout out to Joewillie78 who consistently supported all the IVY teams and predicted they would do well in their out of conference contests. It was a great season from many perspectives and I just wish the Cornell team and all its fans the best today. Continue to rep the league well as you have done all season. Show everyone there are two great teams playing today. Good luck!
BF,
I'm humbled by your recognition, but the SHOUT OUT should go to ALL these great kids who endured 2 years of no lacrosse and could have easily bailed, and no one would have blamed them.
The IVY LEAGUE was awesome this year with 6 that got into the tournament and a 7th that played us all tough.
The support that any fan of any of the Ivy teams has for the rest of the league is special.
Being an IVY ALUM has special meaning, and so today's game by my beloved alma-mater is great for us Big Red fans but also special for the league, and the support Cornell is getting from fans of Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Penn, Brown, and Dartmouth is also humbling.
ITS GREAT TO BE HERE.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Stiffler

Post by Stiffler »

Penn fan here and I was super proud of Cornell today. Fought til the end. Kids played the best team in the country toe to toe. Good for those kids and good for the League...the top league in the country.

Btw...I now have heard both Rutgers and UMD having 25 year old's on their team..smh...
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Stiffler wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:40 pm Penn fan here and I was super proud of Cornell today. Fought til the end. Kids played the best team in the country toe to toe. Good for those kids and good for the League...the top league in the country.

Btw...I now have heard both Rutgers and UMD having 25 year old's on their team..smh...
And both played their "C" game. Wonder why.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”