Deepest sympathy to Q & his family.
Comeonman

Re: ESPN Crew is Unlistenable

Post by Comeonman »

Penthouse Provolone?
Cornell95

Post by Cornell95 »

Comeonman wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:33 pm Penthouse Provolone?
you know, the high cheese (took me a minute to put the pieces together, didnt make it any better)
Pegasus5

Post by Pegasus5 »

References to Rutgers players as "Jersey Boys". No kidding...it is a NJ State School. Rutgers taking "Thunder Road" to the final four...please for the love of everything Holy just stop.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Although I am sorry for Quint's personal loss, today's broadcast was better without him. First of all, at the most basic level, we don't need three commenters; this isn't Monday Night Football. Then, Quint and Carc reinforce each other's worst aspects, going off track on all manner of nonsense unrelated to the game. Anish can't or won't stop them when they do it. But when there's only of them, it's better. Still not great: Carc's endless overhype of every player who makes a good play, though a bit toned down these days (haven't heard "best in all of college lacrosse" in a while), is still grating and annoying.

Happily we will get real pros for tomorrow's games.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Congratulations to a young Yale squad on a great season, and the Regular Season Ivy Title. Congratulations, also to Penn for a hard fought game and the ILT Championship. Good luck to Princeton, and hats off for making the Final Four.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Maybe Carc is reading these. I wont go as far as saying he crushed it yesterday, but when a special play took place...a 1v1 defensive stop, a goal, save, etc....he did a nice job explaining what took place in that situation. For example...when the attackmen felt the defender jam his topside shoulder, the ball carrier knew he could get under his man. There was also a short portion when Yale went zone and they conveyed to the audience why that was beneficial and worked at the moment.

Had the women's softball playoffs on after the lax games yesterday...so refreshing to hear them stay focused on the game at hand, while communicating to the audience what is taking place on the mound and the dynamics of the game.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

CU77 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:04 pm Although I am sorry for Quint's personal loss, today's broadcast was better without him.
I don't know that this is at all necessary. Dude unexpectedly lost his brother, likely at a young(ish) age; I imagine he's going through a lot of shock and pain right now. Who gives a f/ck about the broadcast vis-à-vis his presence or absence?
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Anish is quickly becoming the worst of the clown crew, every play he screams like it’s the biggest play of the game and only knows the names of three or four players on each team. He also gladly goes along with every stupid side bar like coffee, haircuts, and Springsteen.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

... if I heard them say "Petey" one more time today, I was ready to vomit. ESPN (aka ACC) announcers suck. Give me Joe B and Mark Dixon anyway over these clowns.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Big Easy Lax wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:20 pm ... if I heard them say "Petey" one more time today, I was ready to vomit. ESPN (aka ACC) announcers suck. Give me Joe B and Mark Dixon anyway over these clowns.
I mean that is his name. Cotter and Boyle were a great breath of fresh air.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Pegasus5 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:44 pm References to Rutgers players as "Jersey Boys". No kidding...it is a NJ State School. Rutgers taking "Thunder Road" to the final four...please for the love of everything Holy just stop.
I’m guessing they are Living on a Prayer?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

When they had live video and audio of huddles todays broadcasters unlike anish and carc's disaster yesterday did not talk over the coaches which provided great insight for fans. I'm not sure how Anish got the Panthers job w/some of his stuff the last few years including the hit job he did on Milliman last year on the Epstein benching but I guarantee they do not care in the south that he went to some snowy school in new york known mostly for pumping out broadcasters.
nms

Post by nms »

keno in reno wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:34 pm
Big Easy Lax wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:20 pm ... if I heard them say "Petey" one more time today, I was ready to vomit. ESPN (aka ACC) announcers suck. Give me Joe B and Mark Dixon anyway over these clowns.
And Boyle was the best I have seen with the telestrator
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:29 pm
Pegasus5 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:44 pm References to Rutgers players as "Jersey Boys". No kidding...it is a NJ State School. Rutgers taking "Thunder Road" to the final four...please for the love of everything Holy just stop.
They Give Love a Bad Name
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Ice1570

Post by Ice1570 »

nms wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 pm
keno in reno wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:34 pm
And Boyle was the best I have seen with the telestrator
Boyle is by far the best color commentator and has been for a number of years.
Hail to the Victors

Post by Hail to the Victors »

We should all stop using Joe B as a standard. Doing so is just not fair to everyone else. The guy is an actual professional broadcaster.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:33 pm
The question is if they play MD in the finals will they go down in a Blaze of Glory?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:33 pm
The question is if they play MD in the finals will they go down in a Blaze of Glory?
They will Runaway.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”