D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by 10stone5 »

Quint Kessenich’s brother,
sudden, passed away.

So, QK looks like he’ll be out of possibly most of the
NCAAs,

guessing its the Lynbrook, Navy lacrosse grad, Pace.
Last edited by 10stone5 on Sat May 21, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:10 pm Quint Kessenich’s brother,
sudden passed away.

So, QK looks like he’ll be out of possibly most of the
NCAAs,

guessing its Navy’s Pace.
Very sad to hear. My condolences to Quint K and his family.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Sheesh Hopfan you seldom if ever have answered a question i asked. And you didn’t this time. Someone die and leave you in charge? Instead you change the focus. Deal with it

“this is now 5 posts you've gone without naming a single other offensive coordinator candidate you'd have liked to see. it's not a trick question”
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Rutgers to its first ff ever (congrats to our big ten rivals), Princeton for their first time in awhile. Sort of breaks up the narrative that competitive May lacrosse is an impossibility.
Homer

Post by Homer »

OCanada wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:57 pm Sheesh Hopfan you seldom if ever have answered a question i asked. And you didn’t this time. Someone die and leave you in charge? Instead you change the focus. Deal with it

“this is now 5 posts you've gone without naming a single other offensive coordinator candidate you'd have liked to see. it's not a trick question”
What is "the focus?"

I believe you'd said that, in your opinion, Junior was a bad hire. Fair enough: many, possibly including PM, would now agree.

16 responded by asking whom you would've hired instead. That is not deflection. That is not obfuscation. That is not changing the subject, or the focus, or the parameters of the topic. It is, so far as I can tell, the most on-point response imaginable.

You've subsequently refused to respond. The reasons you've given make no sense to me, and I suspect they make no sense to 16 either. Of course we can all "deal with it." It's just bloody tiresome. So why don't you just cut the crap and engage like a normal human being?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Homer, a valiant effort, but I wouldn't bother. If you're somehow able to decode the ciphers within his posts you'll find that he doesn't ever engage in good faith. The ignore button worked wonders for me on fatty/RRR, it shall now do the same on OC.

06 makes a rare good point — Princeton is now back in the FF for the first time since 2004. Hopefully it doesn't take us that long but don't believe the people who declare we can't ever get back there.

Brooks English (his brother Sam was one of the MVPs for Princeton yesterday) and Lawrenceville take on Brunswick in the Prep Nationals final at 2pm here: https://events.locallive.tv/events/82227
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

OCanada wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:57 pm Sheesh Hopfan you seldom if ever have answered a question i asked. And you didn’t this time. Someone die and leave you in charge? Instead you change the focus. Deal with it

Well, I for one would prefer to see a Hopkins grad offered the job. Coach K has worked out for us. A JHU lax alum would at least care about the program and not just see it as a stepping stone. My guess is the top OC's will be looking for HC jobs and the others will think it wise to stay put.
A JHU alum might be persuaded to return to help turn things around. Maybe.
This begs the question " Do great players make good coaches?"
The jury is still out on Gait, but the SU program seems to be heading in a positive direction with recruiting, transfer Portal....certainly an interesting dynamic to watch over the next few years how things play out there.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:18 am

Well, I for one would prefer to see a Hopkins grad offered the job. Coach K has worked out for us. A JHU lax alum would at least care about the program and not just see it as a stepping stone. My guess is the top OC's will be looking for HC jobs and the others will think it wise to stay put.
A JHU alum might be persuaded to return to help turn things around. Maybe.
This begs the question " Do great players make good coaches?"
The jury is still out on Gait, but the SU program seems to be heading in a positive direction with recruiting, transfer Portal....certainly an interesting dynamic to watch over the next few years how things play out there.
Desko recruited the majority of their lauded incoming freshman class. As for transfer portal, they've gotten Simmons and Kirst but are losing Dordevic, Berkman, and Corsi. Perhaps they make more moves but one could generously describe that as a wash. They went 4-10 and lost six straight to end their year...if that were us, would you say we'd be heading in a "positive direction" in any capacity? Methinks you'd be apoplectic. Not sure why they're allowed to be excited about recruits but we aren't.

As far as a Hop grad for the OC role — rumor is that at least one or two are being considered. I don't care what college he went to as long as he can help the offense score more goals.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:31 am As far as a Hop grad for the OC role — rumor is that at least one or two are being considered. I don't care what college he went to as long as he can help the offense score more goals.
Sacrilege!!!
Don't screw with tradition.
The Hopkins Lacrosse tradition goes back a long way and worked for a long time. Coaches from outside the program have never worked out.
And yes, I include PM with that group.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:31 am
Desko recruited the majority of their lauded incoming freshman class. As for transfer portal, they've gotten Simmons and Kirst but are losing Dordevic, Berkman, and Corsi. Perhaps they make more moves but one could generously describe that as a wash. They went 4-10 and lost six straight to end their year...if that were us, would you say we'd be heading in a "positive direction" in any capacity? Methinks you'd be apoplectic. Not sure why they're allowed to be excited about recruits but we aren't.
IF the Jays were bringing in the #1 Recruiting class and had just snagged Alex Simmons from Denver, I would say yes. There would be something to hope for the next couple of seasons.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:02 am
Brooks English (his brother Sam was one of the MVPs for Princeton yesterday) and Lawrenceville take on Brunswick in the Prep Nationals final at 2pm here: https://events.locallive.tv/events/82227
No Saint John’s DC of course in this field.

Then again, why wasn’t Rich Strike in the Preakness field.

Still, great game, good match up.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:59 am
No Saint John’s DC of course in this field.

Then again, why wasn’t Rich Strike in the Preakness field.

Still, great game, good match up.
SJC is awesome this year - really, really excellent. Watch the game against St. Anthony's (who are no slouches). But just look at the commitments on this Brunswick roster. These schools collect unbelievable amounts of talent, even these days when recruiting is national.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... ive_id=431
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

It looks like Jen Baker hired the wrong Cornell Coach.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:08 pm It looks like Jen Baker hired the wrong Cornell Coach.
You realize Milliman recruited pretty much everyone on that roster right?
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

English and Rawson (2) have scored first three goals for Lawrenceville. Look very good.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Hoponboard wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:18 pm
English and Rawson (2) have scored first three goals for Lawrenceville. Look very good.
Agree. Both of those guys can play.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:27 am
HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:15 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:39 am
AreaLax wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:22 am FYI IL podcast out today has some discussion about the going on of Hopkins coaching
And …?

Brief summary or highlights please.

DocBarrister
Waste of time. Swezey would fit in really well on FanLax as a sh*tposter. His only real "observation" was that when he attended the B1G quarterfinal win over Penn State he noticed Milliman and Junior went to grab a drink at the same time and passed eachother without talking. I know, riveting stuff. That single interaction which happens dozens of times per game on every college sideline was apparently supposed to portend Junior's departure? I don't know. There was zero insight about what direction they go from here, who the OC candidates might be, or anything of a substantive nature.

They did however appear to confirm Degnon will be back, which is good news.
Thanks.

Good to hear Degnon will be back.

DocBarrister
Told Narewski is returning also.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

hmmm wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:37 pm
AreaLax wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:22 am FYI IL podcast out today has some discussion about the going on of Hopkins coaching
And …?

DocBarrister
Waste of time. Swezey would fit in really well on FanLax as a sh*tposter. His only real "observation" was that when he attended the B1G quarterfinal win over Penn State he noticed Milliman and Junior went to grab a drink at the same time and passed eachother without talking. I know, riveting stuff. That single interaction which happens dozens of times per game on every college sideline was apparently supposed to portend Junior's departure? I don't know. There was zero insight about what direction they go from here, who the OC candidates might be, or anything of a substantive nature.

Thanks.

DocBarrister
That's great
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

hmmm wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:37 pm
And …?

DocBarrister

Thanks.

DocBarrister
I heard the opposite but that would certainly be welcomed and good news.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Boyle- “Virginia never really found a way to integrate Zinn into their system”

Sounds familiar

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”