Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by wgdsr »

jhu06 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:35 pm
cbrass wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 pm Maybe commencement exercises taking place throughout the various campuses and schools this week take priority over an assistant coach posting on social media he is leaving. There is always a chance someone asked him to hold off until next week? I don’t know, none of us knows what’s going on. And if someone really knows what’s going on, spouting about it on this forum would probably be a breach of trust.

All I know is it sure is fun just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks.

Also, put me down as thoroughly enjoying the ‘06 & ‘16 dialogue.
I think I speak for the alumni, players, fans, employees, and lacrosse community who don't enjoy losing and I think hf16 speaks for the pink hat WAGS/no fun crowd/rivals/students who've lost interest in the program.
incoming.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

all i know is i'll be logging in to jhu.edu/athletics at 5 pm friday.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:40 pm
cbrass wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 pm Maybe commencement exercises taking place throughout the various campuses and schools this week take priority over an assistant coach posting on social media he is leaving. There is always a chance someone asked him to hold off until next week? I don’t know, none of us knows what’s going on. And if someone really knows what’s going on, spouting about it on this forum would probably be a breach of trust.

All I know is it sure is fun just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks.

I think I speak for the alumni, players, fans, employees, and lacrosse community who don't enjoy losing and I think hf16 speaks for the pink hat WAGS/no fun crowd/rivals/students who've lost interest in the program.
incoming.
Is there a dream list of kids in the transfer portal right now or who might be eligible that we think could head to homewood next fall or is the program following hf16's lead and just taking a pass on that so that kids feelings aren't hurt? Assuming the position is filled you have a new assistant coming in w/now 2 ex offensive coaches worth of kids to coach into whatever the system he will bring.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu06 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:48 pm

incoming.
Is there a dream list of kids in the transfer portal right now or who might be eligible that we think could head to homewood next fall or is the program following hf16's lead and just taking a pass on that so that kids feelings aren't hurt? Assuming the position is filled you have a new assistant coming in w/now 2 ex offensive coaches worth of kids to coach into whatever the system he will bring.
the incoming was duck from any posts.

but you could start with demopolous? anything would be speculation. up to now it's been easy on the portal

i see what you did there on giving a binary choice for the first question. i'll vote the latter one is probably inaccurate so not really a choice. hyperbole was considered, but discarded.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:16 pm
jhu06 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:48 pm

incoming.
the incoming was duck from any posts.

but you could start with demopolous? anything would be speculation. up to now it's been easy on the portal

i see what you did there on giving a binary choice for the first question. i'll vote the latter one is probably inaccurate so not really a choice. hyperbole was considered, but discarded.
Did someone mention the Greek God of Goalies?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

FYI IL podcast out today has some discussion about the going on of Hopkins coaching
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

AreaLax wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:22 am FYI IL podcast out today has some discussion about the going on of Hopkins coaching
And …?

Brief summary or highlights please.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:39 am
AreaLax wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:22 am FYI IL podcast out today has some discussion about the going on of Hopkins coaching
And …?

DocBarrister
Waste of time. Swezey would fit in really well on FanLax as a sh*tposter. His only real "observation" was that when he attended the B1G quarterfinal win over Penn State he noticed Milliman and Junior went to grab a drink at the same time and passed eachother without talking. I know, riveting stuff. That single interaction which happens dozens of times per game on every college sideline was apparently supposed to portend Junior's departure? I don't know. There was zero insight about what direction they go from here, who the OC candidates might be, or anything of a substantive nature.

They did however appear to confirm Degnon will be back, which is good news.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:15 am
And …?

DocBarrister
Waste of time. Swezey would fit in really well on FanLax as a sh*tposter. His only real "observation" was that when he attended the B1G quarterfinal win over Penn State he noticed Milliman and Junior went to grab a drink at the same time and passed eachother without talking. I know, riveting stuff. That single interaction which happens dozens of times per game on every college sideline was apparently supposed to portend Junior's departure? I don't know. There was zero insight about what direction they go from here, who the OC candidates might be, or anything of a substantive nature.

Thanks.

Good to hear Degnon will be back.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:27 am
And …?

DocBarrister

Thanks.

DocBarrister
Degnon back.

Calnan, Mabbett, Hawley, Epstein, Keneally, McManus, Lilly, Narewski all told to hit the road. Fernandez I’m not sure on but I’ve heard he may be moving on.

That’s one way to get the roster numbers down.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:06 am
And …?

DocBarrister

Thanks.

DocBarrister
Degnon back.

Calnan, Mabbett, Hawley, Epstein, Keneally, McManus, Lilly, Narewski all told to hit the road. Fernandez I’m not sure on but I’ve heard he may be moving on.

Heard something different on Fernandez, that he's likely to be back.

Joey I believe is getting a master's degree at Hopkins but is done with lacrosse.

Also heard Maher may be rejoining the team.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

starts at 10 minutes in
-PM "is a delegator"
-Dixon thinks the program "needs to make a statement about how committed the school is to the program"
-Swezey backs up hf16 that incoming freshman class is loaded on offense
-"Daniels doesn't go to games other than homecoming"

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... view/59699
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:15 am
And …?

DocBarrister

Thanks.

DocBarrister
Degnon back.

Joey I believe is getting a master's degree at Hopkins but is done with lacrosse.

I think Dixon also implied Milliman was on the “hot seat.”

Don’t understand why Milliman is letting Narewski go. Epstein is staying to study at Hopkins but won’t be playing lacrosse?

The vibes around Milliman’s program are not reassuring at all.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 am Epstein is staying to study at Hopkins but won’t be playing lacrosse?
Have you considered the possibility that he doesn't want to?

If he transferred to a rival school and played, you'd freak out about that too.

The kid wants to move on with his life. A SAIS degree is an extremely valuable thing to have on your resume.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 am
And …?

DocBarrister

Thanks.

DocBarrister
Degnon back.

Don’t understand why Milliman is letting Narewski go. Epstein is staying to study at Hopkins but won’t be playing lacrosse?

grant jr moving on shows a rare sense of urgency from this program. Should be applauded. But yes they should have done 60 minutes on the news along w/candidates, explaining why it didn't work, what it means for the current and future roster. they just hold back in these things.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:57 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 am Epstein is staying to study at Hopkins but won’t be playing lacrosse?

The kid wants to move on with his life. A SAIS degree is an extremely valuable thing to have on your resume.
The guy who spent countless extra hours at night practicing … the young man who played through a challenging injury in 2020 … the three-time captain … the player who said he long dreamed of playing for Hopkins … the attackman who has proven that he can still be productive on the field … THAT guy just decides he doesn’t want to play lacrosse anymore after being gifted an extra year by the NCAA?

What does that say about his experience in the program?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

jhu06 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:23 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 am
And …?

DocBarrister

Thanks.

DocBarrister
Degnon back.

grant jr moving on shows a rare sense of urgency from this program. Should be applauded. But yes they should have done 60 minutes on the news along w/candidates, explaining why it didn't work, what it means for the current and future roster. they just hold back in these things.
Smacks of panic more than urgency … like the benching of Epstein.

Even after this season, I wasn’t feeling panicked about the program.

This firing … and that’s clearly what it was … now makes me feel otherwise.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
cbrass

Post by cbrass »

Not surprised at all that someone who spent so much time playing lacrosse and then gets to play at his dream school decides to give up the game. Perhaps he has other goals in life hence attending SAIS.

I hope he is not burned out by his JHU lacrosse experience and it is just a simple case of he has done what he set as a goal and now he is ready to move on. Congratulations to Joey on a very fine career!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 am THAT guy just decides he doesn’t want to play lacrosse anymore after being gifted an extra year by the NCAA?
Yes.

If he wanted to play somewhere else, he'd go play somewhere else.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 am
HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:57 am

The guy who spent countless extra hours at night practicing … the young man who played through a challenging injury in 2020 … the three-time captain … the player who said he long dreamed of playing for Hopkins … the attackman who has proven that he can still be productive on the field … THAT guy just decides he doesn’t want to play lacrosse anymore after being gifted an extra year by the NCAA?

What does that say about his experience in the program?

DocBarrister
Nothing

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”