Picks and Predictions

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Lax101

Re: Picks and Predictions

Post by Lax101 »

I'm guessing BC likes the fact that everyone doubts them. Kind of like last year. Nice to play with a bit of a chip on your shoulder with something to prove.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

UNC Vs. Stony Brook : UNC wins by 5 Goals

BC Vs. Loyola : BC wins 13-10.

Cuse Vs. Northwestern : Cuse 17-16, a measure of revenge.

UMD Vs. Florida : Florida in the upset, by 2 goals

Joe
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:02 am UNC Vs. Stony Brook : UNC wins by 5 Goals

Joe
Bold pick, Joe, in the MD-FL game. I think it is pretty clear that both of these teams have improved since the 18-8 game in College Park. Are you seeing something here? Or just throwing your lot in with the freshman from Manhasset?!
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:50 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:02 am UNC Vs. Stony Brook : UNC wins by 5 Goals

Joe
Bold pick, Joe, in the MD-FL game. I think it is pretty clear that both of these teams have improved since the 18-8 game in College Park. Are you seeing something here? Or just throwing your lot in with the freshman from Manhasset?!
Seacoaster,

I'm thinking Florida has come a long way since then. And yes, the freshman from Manhasset is a heck of player. I may very well be wrong, but I'm going to stick to it. If MD advances, for their sake I hope they are tested. Because they certainly will be in the Final Four. WAY more than they have all season long...

*You don't want your first TRUE test of the season to first come in the Final Four. It's not ideal.

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Lax101 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:16 am I'm guessing BC likes the fact that everyone doubts them. Kind of like last year. Nice to play with a bit of a chip on your shoulder with something to prove.
It can indeed be a motivator. I’d be tickled pink if it fuels them to the summit again.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:53 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:50 am

Joe
Seacoaster,

I'm thinking Florida has come a long way since then. And yes, the freshman from Manhasset is a heck of player. I may very well be wrong, but I'm going to stick to it. If MD advances, for their sake I hope they are tested. Because they certainly will be in the Final Four. WAY more than they have all season long...

*You don't want your first TRUE test of the season to first come in the Final Four. It's not ideal.

Joe
Agreed, Florida has improved. I think UMD has too. And Lopinto is a very good player. Good luck!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:09 pm Of all the quarterfinal games, this (Maryland vs Florida) would be the game to bet the house on. The win line would be something like Maryland -1000 if betting lines existed for women’s lacrosse. Call lacrosse reference and see if he can cook up a number. Or FanLax Computer maybe? And programs that could calculate a win line? It would be at least -1000.

Just winging it, I would guess:

Maryland -1000 Florida +1200
Carolina -600 Stony Brook +700
BC -150 Loyola +175
NU/Syracuse even
In the same way the lines move when late money comes in on one side or the other, some of these lines have changed due to the what I’ll call Opinion Currency that has come in since yesterday.

Maryland -900 Florida +1000
Carolina -600 Stony Brook +700
Loyola -130 BC +110
Syracuse -120 NU +110
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Joe
i say layola 14 BC 12. other than that i like the rest of your picks. Still not 100% sold on MD. Florida is good and i can see the upset. it's always difficult to beat a good team twice. holds serve this year unless you're UNC
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Late with my picks - work keeps interfering!!

MD by 5
Syr by 4
UNC by 6
LOYOLA by 2 - Playing very well and I can't wait to see the match up between #32 and CN!
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Just as I suspected, my pick of a Florida upset was just wishful thinking. WAY too young and inexperienced to pull it off against the Terps today.

MD 18 UF 5 Final.

Gators need to work on maintaining their composure, that will come with an older team and experience.

Joe
Bart

Post by Bart »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:23 pm Just as I suspected, my pick of a Florida upset was just wishful thinking. WAY too young and inexperienced to pull it off against the Terps today.

MD 18 UF 5 Final.

Gators need to work on maintaining their composure, that will come with an older team and experience.

Joe
Why do you think it’ll change now? Seems to have been an issue for years
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Bart wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:33 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:23 pm Just as I suspected, my pick of a Florida upset was just wishful thinking. WAY too young and inexperienced to pull it off against the Terps today.

MD 18 UF 5 Final.

Joe
Why do you think it’ll change now? Seems to have been an issue for years
Don't think it will, I should have prefaced it with a maybe! :lol: :lol: Maybe it will with a coaching change?

Joe
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Maryland - Florida.....Will be fun to watch two solid Goalies. Emily Sterling(MD) has been an absolute revelation this season. She started out slow, but suddenly something clicked...and she has become a 1st team AA. Sarah Reznick(Fla) has been a little inconsistent compared to her play last season, but she can be tough. I'm picking MARYLAND in this one by 5+. Terps are solid all-around team. Not real flashy, but real consistent.

Boston College - Loyola....Loyola is a REALLY GOOD team. Strong in all aspects and will get you down quickly as they possess strong attackers and middies. BC is a very good team and they are the defending National Champions, but I saw a few things in their victory over Denver last Sunday that I had been seeing all year. This is not last year's team offensively or defensively. They can be beaten by someone not named North Carolina or Duke. Advantage in the cage goes to Loyola. Kait Larsson(Loy) has been solid all season. Her counterpart is someone that I have spoken about plenty this season, and suffice to say anything I have said in the past can be cut and pasted.....right....here!

The Pick : Loyola by 3+

Syracuse - Northwestern....This will be a High scoring affair. Neither is strong defensively and the Goaltending is akin to a Loch Ness sighting. The regular season gam featured 31 goals, 55 shots and only 9, NINE, saves between the two teams. The officiating of this one will be something to watch. Both get very physical when frustrated and there is some wonderful Emmy Award winning acting on the Field.

The Pick : NU, by 2-3, out of respect for the greatness of Kelly Amonte Hiller and the home field advantage

UNC - Stony Brook.... I know what a lot of people are going to say, but not me. Yes, I am biased to SBU, but I am going to use logic and reasoning here. UNC has an outstanding team, but I say "another" outstanding team. Many of you make me want to quote the late Denny Green and say, "If you want to crown them, then crown their ass!" I also say that "“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” That was written by Churchill and here's why it applies here.

I have seen a lot of great UNC teams during their existence. Really I have and this 2022 version is but one of them. The other great UNC teams got beat. Sometimes the other teams were better, sometimes equal talent, other times UNC had the better talent. I respect the 2022 team, but this team is not what you think they are.
Stony Brook is playing well and they will be ready. If Charlie Campbell is solid(not spectacular) in the net and the SB defense is on point. This will turn out to not be what the masses think it should be.

The Pick : Stony Brook by 2
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:08 pm Maryland - Florida.....Will be fun to watch two solid Goalies. Emily Sterling(MD) has been an absolute revelation this season. She started out slow, but suddenly something clicked...and she has become a 1st team AA. Sarah Reznick(Fla) has been a little inconsistent compared to her play last season, but she can be tough. I'm picking MARYLAND in this one by 5+. Terps are solid all-around team. Not real flashy, but real consistent.

Boston College - Loyola....Loyola is a REALLY GOOD team. Strong in all aspects and will get you down quickly as they possess strong attackers and middies. BC is a very good team and they are the defending National Champions, but I saw a few things in their victory over Denver last Sunday that I had been seeing all year. This is not last year's team offensively or defensively. They can be beaten by someone not named North Carolina or Duke. Advantage in the cage goes to Loyola. Kait Larsson(Loy) has been solid all season. Her counterpart is someone that I have spoken about plenty this season, and suffice to say anything I have said in the past can be cut and pasted.....right....here!

Syracuse - Northwestern....This will be a High scoring affair. Neither is strong defensively and the Goaltending is akin to a Loch Ness sighting. The regular season gam featured 31 goals, 55 shots and only 9, NINE, saves between the two teams. The officiating of this one will be something to watch. Both get very physical when frustrated and there is some wonderful Emmy Award winning acting on the Field.

The Pick : NU, by 2-3, out of respect for the greatness of Kelly Amonte Hiller and the home field advantage

UNC - Stony Brook.... I know what a lot of people are going to say, but not me. Yes, I am biased to SBU, but I am going to use logic and reasoning here. UNC has an outstanding team, but I say "another" outstanding team. Many of you make me want to quote the late Denny Green and say, "If you want to crown them, then crown their ass!" I also say that "“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” That was written by Churchill and here's why it applies here.

I have seen a lot of great UNC teams during their existence. Really I have and this 2022 version is but one of them. The other great UNC teams got beat. Sometimes the other teams were better, sometimes equal talent, other times UNC had the better talent. I respect the 2022 team, but this team is not what you think they are.
Stony Brook is playing well and they will be ready. If Charlie Campbell is solid(not spectacular) in the net and the SB defense is on point. This will turn out to not be what the masses think it should be.

Florida looked about as bad as I thought they would . Def looked terrible but Reznick had a tough day
Loyola goalie looks pretty bad
NU will lose by a lot they have 2 offensive players that’s pretty much it .
SB - UNC game I wouldn’t expect you to pick UNC since you are a …”fan”…of SB. But they will be no match for UNC. Too much talent at every aspect of the field .
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Laxfan500 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:22 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:08 pm Maryland - Florida.....Will be fun to watch two solid Goalies. Emily Sterling(MD) has been an absolute revelation this season. She started out slow, but suddenly something clicked...and she has become a 1st team AA. Sarah Reznick(Fla) has been a little inconsistent compared to her play last season, but she can be tough. I'm picking MARYLAND in this one by 5+. Terps are solid all-around team. Not real flashy, but real consistent.

Florida looked about as bad as I thought they would . Def looked terrible but Reznick had a tough day
SB - UNC game I wouldn’t expect you to pick UNC since you are a …”fan”…of SB. But they will be no match for UNC. Too much talent at every aspect of the field .
What makes you think NU will lose by a lot ? What has significantly changed on either team. I'd be very happy with that outcome though.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

tothedraw wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:40 pm

What makes you think NU will lose by a lot ? What has significantly changed on either team. I'd be very happy with that outcome though.
I think NU peaked early . They rely too much on #1 & 2…def not strong . I think cuse will do well on draw and have a “day”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Md by 13
BC by 7
NU by 11
UNC by 3

Hope it’s not too late to get my predictions in.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Wow did not see the Cuse beat down coming . I was totally wrong.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:24 pm Md by 13
BC by 7
NU by 11
UNC by 3

Hope it’s not too late to get my predictions in.
Jesus H., Bill -- you really nailed it. VegasBill?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Laxfan500 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:27 pm

Wow did not see the Cuse beat down coming . I was totally wrong.
To be fair to you/yourself, I don't think anyone expected Syracuse to effectively not show up. I suppose I have to grudgingly, childishly and in a really small-minded way grant NU a measure of credit -- which, I repeat, is almost physically painful -- but Syracuse scoring 2-0-1-1 over the course of four quarters is not something anyone here, I think, would have predicted.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”