Quarterfinal: Maryland vs Florida @ Noon

D1 Womens Lacrosse
ProudPapa

Re: Quarterfinal: Maryland vs Florida @ Noon

Post by ProudPapa »

Maryland is proof positive that you don’t need to spend a lot of $ to field a great team…I’ve seen better facilities at some middle schools.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MD up 3-2 after 1. So far, going as expected...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

Maryland is an excellent team and plays nice, clean, fundamentally strong lacrosse. BUT i feel today, and just about every time I've watched them at home, that they get some generous calls/ no calls going their way.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Florida back to FGing 45 and MD scores quickly on the 6v6 opportunity.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

hsllax wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:48 pm Maryland is an excellent team and plays nice, clean, fundamentally strong lacrosse. BUT i feel today, and just about every time I've watched them at home, that they get some generous calls/ no calls going their way.
Not arguing, but what would be your example of that today ?
The contact in the 8?
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

Contact in the 8, some of the checking on the ride. To be clear, there is also a lot of really beautiful defense being played. I just want things to be called evenly regardless of the team you play for.
Bart

Post by Bart »

hsllax wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:04 pm Contact in the 8, some of the checking on the ride. To be clear, there is also a lot of really beautiful defense being played. I just want things to be called evenly regardless of the team you play for.
Been a couple both ways imo.

I’d like a new rule instated that if your goggles come off and no foul has been called you have to leave the field to put them back on. Loose goggles coming off to draw a foul….again imo.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Winning draws. Stretching their lead. Could I get a coke and small order of fries please?
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Bart wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:12 pm
hsllax wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:04 pm Contact in the 8, some of the checking on the ride. To be clear, there is also a lot of really beautiful defense being played. I just want things to be called evenly regardless of the team you play for.

I’d like a new rule instated that if your goggles come off and no foul has been called you have to leave the field to put them back on. Loose goggles coming off to draw a foul….again imo.
Sheehan Stanwick Burch was fibbing a bit about some women wanting to wear their goggles loose. If you watch enough wlax, you know who the players are that lose their goggles very often. Some players purposely wear their goggles high on their forehead to make it easier for them to displace them ... contact or no contact.
Last edited by @inthe8m on Thu May 19, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bart

Post by Bart »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:17 pm

Sheehan Stanwick Burch was fibbing a bit about some women wanting to wear their goggles loose. If you watch enough wlax, you know who the players are that loose their goggles very often. Some players purposely wear their goggles high on their forehead to make it easier for them to displace them ... contact or no contact.
Those are the players I’m talking about. You’ll see a few at 5pm.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Sheehan Stanwick Burch was fibbing a bit about some women wanting to wear their goggles loose. If you watch enough wlax, you know who the players are that loose their goggles very often. Some players purposely wear their goggles high on their forehead to make it easier for them to displace them ... contact or no contact.
Sheehan always shies away from direct criticism of pretty much everyone.

MD getting a deserved yellow but what the heck was Hall doing on those 8 meters.
Refs missed a huge should be yellow on the Gators. Hope Lamoureux has all her teeth.

And I just noticed your signature at bottom 🤣
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

And more "as expected". MD up 10-4. MD making some late season noise...
Caddy Day
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

tothedraw wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:30 pm

Sheehan always shies away from direct criticism of pretty much everyone.

MD getting a deserved yellow but what the heck was Hall doing on those 8 meters.
Refs missed a huge should be yellow on the Gators. Hope Lamoureux has all her teeth.

And I just noticed your signature at bottom 🤣
Had no problem with the yellow on MD, but 19 goes down a lot with minimal contact. Therein lies a lot of the problem to me ... the same cross check contact on stronger players (non-floppers) does not get the yellow that it should. That disconnect is why more and more players seem to want to flop.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The utterly methodical dismantling of this good Florida team is pretty stunning.

And Heller fouls out?
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:42 pm The utterly methodical dismantling of this good Florida team is pretty stunning.

And Heller fouls out?
Did Heller just foul out ? They were so busy talking about Abby Bosco they didn't say anything about why May got the last 8 meter.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

tothedraw wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:49 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:42 pm The utterly methodical dismantling of this good Florida team is pretty stunning.

And Heller fouls out?
Did Heller just foul out ? They were so busy talking about Abby Bosco they didn't say anything about why May got the last 8 meter.
Couldn’t tell. She fouled 40, then jogged immediately off the field.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:53 pm

And Heller fouls out?
I think she did get her 2nd yellow. But, MD's stat system still has the game at 7:37 in the 3rd Q. :lol:
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:53 pm

And Heller fouls out?
She did now

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”