UMD in a close one
39%
UVa in a close one
21%

Total votes: 87

CU77

Re: Virginia v Maryland

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:55 am I think everyone thinks the Wahoos can win this weekend.
I don't.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

CU77 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:56 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:55 am I think everyone thinks the Wahoos can win this weekend.
I don't.
"can" or "will"... two different things.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

What I believe is that Sunday at 2:30 we will be watching the actual championship game. The best two teams going head to head with a history that makes it even more exciting. Sad that one of them will be out and someone else on the other side of the bracket is getting a real break by these two meeting in the quarters. Told my family and friends, no phone calls, no discussions, no visits Sunday from 2pm on... I will be in the zone getting my lax fix!
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

HooDat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:38 pm
I don't.
Those tricky modals…🤔
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I don't.
Massey gives Maryland a 77% wn probability, by a most-likely score of 16-12. If there are no injuries to any key Maryland players prior to or during the game, I give Maryland a 95% win probability.

I expect the game to go much the same way as the regular-season game.

I could of course be completely wrong (as PB was when he said OSU would beat Cornell).
Jlax92

Post by Jlax92 »

Kikin wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 pm What I believe is that Sunday at 2:30 we will be watching the actual championship game. The best two teams going head to head with a history that makes it even more exciting. Sad that one of them will be out and someone else on the other side of the bracket is getting a real break by these two meeting in the quarters. Told my family and friends, no phone calls, no discussions, no visits Sunday from 2pm on... I will be in the zone getting my lax fix!
I agree that sundays game between the terps and the hoos will be the de facto championship game. Say what you want about the other teams but I think whoever wins will coast to the national championship. I think it’s Maryland’s game to lose and uva is playing with house money. There is so much talent on each squad but especially Maryland.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:27 pm
I don't.
Massey gives Maryland a 77% wn probability, by a most-likely score of 16-12. If there are no injuries to any key Maryland players prior to or during the game, I give Maryland a 95% win probability.

I could of course be completely wrong (as PB was when he said OSU would beat Cornell).

Cough cough. I overestimated OSU’s coaching trust. How you don’t ask Jack Myers to be the leading shooter is beyond me. Cornell have that fire hydrant sized defenseman who played like he was possessed. Poor pick on my part, I won’t do it again.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

That fire hydrant is 1st team AA for a reason. He shut down Myers in the regular season game also.
nms

Post by nms »

Jlax92 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:35 pm
Kikin wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 pm What I believe is that Sunday at 2:30 we will be watching the actual championship game. The best two teams going head to head with a history that makes it even more exciting. Sad that one of them will be out and someone else on the other side of the bracket is getting a real break by these two meeting in the quarters. Told my family and friends, no phone calls, no discussions, no visits Sunday from 2pm on... I will be in the zone getting my lax fix!
I agree that sundays game between the terps and the hoos will be the de facto championship game. Say what you want about the other teams but I think whoever wins will coast to the national championship. I think it’s Maryland’s game to lose and uva is playing with house money. There is so much talent on each squad but especially Maryland.
Penn has lost 4 games to top 10 teams by a TOTAL of 6 goals. I know they didn't look special squeaking past Richmond (who beat UVA!), but they looked great in the ILT. Nobody is going to coast past them.
Given how easily Md handled UVA this year, I doubt UVA will be their biggest challenge this tournament.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

CU77 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:07 pm That fire hydrant is 1st team AA for a reason. He shut down Myers in the regular season game also.
That fire hydrant may the best pole D guy I have ever seen. He does everything at such a high level, defend , cause turnovers, vacuums loose balls, and is a leader.
Should have been in the final 5 for the tewy, and if he does come back next year, then he will be in the Tewy discussion.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
UVAlaxfan

Post by UVAlaxfan »

Couple of things. Saustad was very banged up and was shell of himself in the first meeting. Not a good position to be in against Maryland. he got abused that game. Believe he covered Khan because of the injury, and the Khan had a breakout game. How much different a healthier Saustead makes who knows.

Also Wayer rounding back into form and Jeff Conner back.

Finally game was closer than it appeared, last quarter was 8-3 Maryland after game was decided. Still was a handy UMd victory on the order of 18-12.

Virginia turns it over like we did against Brown in first half and this is over quick. Need faceoffs, good goalie play and minimize turnovers on offense and good defensive coordination. Offense can't have ball dying in sticks. Also need to clear better get middies involved earlier (conner back to form will help with that, and use Zinn as well). MD won clearing riding in that game. Oh and we also need Ryan Conrad to come back for a post grad year.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

UVAlaxfan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:18 pm Couple of things. Saustad was very banged up and was shell of himself in the first meeting. Not a good position to be in against Maryland. he got abused that game. Believe he covered Khan because of the injury, and the Khan had a breakout game. How much different a healthier Saustead makes who knows.

Also Wayer rounding back into form and Jeff Conner back.

Finally game was closer than it appeared, last quarter was 8-3 Maryland after game was decided. Still was a handy UMd victory on the order of 18-12.

Virginia turns it over like we did against Brown in first half and this is over quick. Need faceoffs, good goalie play and minimize turnovers on offense and good defensive coordination. Offense can't have ball dying in sticks. Also need to clear better get middies involved earlier (conner back to form will help with that, and use Zinn as well). MD won clearing riding in that game. Oh and we also need Ryan Conrad to come back for a post grad year.
No thanks man keep that guy far away from me forever
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

UVAlaxfan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:18 pm Couple of things.

Oh and we also need Ryan Conrad to come back for a post grad year.
:D

Post by 1766 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:50 pm
I don't.

Cough cough. I overestimated OSU’s coaching trust. How you don’t ask Jack Myers to be the leading shooter is beyond me. Cornell have that fire hydrant sized defenseman who played like he was possessed. Poor pick on my part, I won’t do it again.
He's almost comical to watch play in some ways.
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

Kikin wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 pm Sad that one of them will be out and someone else on the other side of the bracket is getting a real break by these two meeting in the quarters.
Sad for most fans, yes. Unfair to the kids on those two teams who both had seasons deserving of MM weekend, yes. The committee members, on the other hand (especially one in baby blue), will be downright giddy to get rid of one of these two early.

Post by 1766 »

Hardly unfair. You don't seed teams based on potential. You seed them on results.

All you ever hear is about how much talent Uva has. Yet when you look at their results, they aren't some outlier being placed where they were. Potential doesn't mean anything now.

Is this the latest Acc narrative that the lacrosse world is going to have to endure after the supposed ND snub fades? Uva would have won if they didn't play Maryland in the quarters?

Post by 1766 »

SP
CU77

Post by CU77 »

For Maryland, these are not games. They are Acts in a Four Act Play, the Coronation of the King. What order the Acts come in, does not matter.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

I don't.

Wholly unnecessary, yet totally hilarious.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

:lol:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”