G Mike Adler Duke
G Luke Millican Jacksonville
G Danny Hincks Dartmouth
G Logan McNaney Maryland
jrn19

Re: IL All American List

Post by jrn19 »

Actually p fair all the way around.

Think Bowen probably should have been bumped for Kastner and not sure about Curry and Montgomery as 2nd Teamers. also, Stevens should be a 1st Teamer.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

As was the case with the U.S. Lacrosse Magazine All-America list, Matt Brandau gets the third attack spot (along with Gray and Wisnauskas) ahead of Shellenberger and Nichtern, even though Brandau lost out to both of the latter in the Tewaaraton final 5. (In the case of Shellenberger, although Brandau had a better full season -- Shellenberger was battling some injuries -- I guess the thinking is that Tewey is not for "best season" but for "top player" and now that Shellenberger is back on form he's rated above Brandau.)
random observer

Post by random observer »

Think they just about nailed it. One minor quibble is that I think Trippi probably should have been higher than HM. Warne and his staff have really unlocked his potential.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

random observer wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:56 pm Think they just about nailed it. One minor quibble is that I think Trippi probably should have been higher than HM. Warne and his staff have really unlocked his potential.
Yes his numbers jumped off the board when compared to what he did at UNC
rcolter

Post by rcolter »

jrn19 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:33 pm Actually p fair all the way around.

Think Bowen probably should have been bumped for Kastner and not sure about Curry and Montgomery as 2nd Teamers. also, Stevens should be a 1st Teamer.
Agree with all of those points. I still think Shellenberger is the most talented player in the country but can see why he's second team due to the mid/late season lapse in productivity
rcolter

Post by rcolter »

Also Donville is a great player but was surprised to see him first team - wouldn't really know who I'd want instead though I'd have to think about it :lol:
RedIvy

Post by RedIvy »

4 Georgetown 1st team and 1st round elimination to a playin team (no disrespect to Delaware intended).
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

The outraged twittterati squawks claimed that O'Neill and Pat Kavanagh were so amazing that their teams deserved to be at the dance; 3rd Team doesn't seem to befit such stardom.
lorin

Post by lorin »

rcolter wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:16 am
jrn19 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:33 pm Actually p fair all the way around.

Agree with all of those points. I still think Shellenberger is the most talented player in the country but can see why he's second team due to the mid/late season lapse in productivity
I agree with above, best player in the country
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

RedIvy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:30 am 4 Georgetown 1st team and 1st round elimination to a playin team (no disrespect to Delaware intended).
Bundy is VG.
He and McElroy for me, very impressive.
But DeLuca made a quiet move at halftime to shut
Bundy off and it worked.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Hmmmm,
Shane Knobloch from Rutgers not on the list for at least honorable mention? Do these people watch the games? A true two way middie who plays defense too. Having a better year than last year when he was HM AA and preseason 3rd team. Lots of great players but missed this one.
Terpslax1991

Post by Terpslax1991 »

Curry and Montgomery? Very good players but 2nd team AA? Nah. Pretty good lists though. Glad the BU kid was honored, he was dynamite this season.

Where is the Princeton goalie? I think he was the best goalie the Terps saw all year.

Does the first team group (replace 1st team Terps w 2nd teamers) beat the Terps? Serious question.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

livelovelax wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:25 am Hmmmm,
Shane Knobloch from Rutgers not on the list for at least honorable mention? Do these people watch the games? A true two way middie who plays defense too. Having a better year than last year when he was HM AA and preseason 3rd team. Lots of great players but missed this one.
I think they do a better job on the Men's side than they do on the Women's side. I see your point about Shane, but who is he being measured against. Lots of outstanding Middies and one has to ask if something changed as to what criteria is used to compare and contrast. Shane is really good and has put himself amongst the best in D1.
lorin

Post by lorin »

LarryGamLax wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:23 pm
I think they do a better job on the Men's side than they do on the Women's side. I see your point about Shane, but who is he being measured against. Lots of outstanding Middies and one has to ask if something changed as to what criteria is used to compare and contrast. Shane is really good and has put himself amongst the best in D1.
I know I am a fan of the SA teams, so a little bias but this year 2022 Nichtern should be first team AA plays from X , gets best pole every game, last 3 big games had 25 points. Leads D1 in points per game and assist.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

lorin wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:07 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:23 pm
I know I am a fan of the SA teams, so a little bias but this year 2022 Nichtern should be first team AA plays from X , gets best pole every game, last 3 big games had 25 points. Leads D1 in points per game and assist.
Wow...when I look at the first and second attacks, they are interchangeable. I'll take any of them. Super talented.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”