Michigan 16 Johns Hopkins 11

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxnut

Michigan 16 Johns Hopkins 11

Post by wlaxnut »

This was a​ very​ enjoyable game to watch. ​BTN Network knows how to put on a polished professional broadcast. ​Michigan passed ​their latest​ test by beating another ranked opponent in their conference. 13​-0​ this season​,​ now riding a 15 game winning streak ​dating to​ last year. This game was physical right from the beginning. Lots of fouls called. Michigan got four yellow cards, the fourth being the topic of a heated exchange between ​Hannah Nielsen ​and the Michigan coaching staff ​with​ the officials. They were complaining about flopping and I think they had a good case. I saw number 20 ​for JHU ​doing a good bit of acting from my vantage point. ​She reminded me of a certain player--(but we won't go there). ;)

​Offensively, the Wolverines were hungry and aggressive. They outshot JHU 35-25 and put 21 on net. ​Trailing 5-2 with under 8 minutes left in the first half, they reeled off 4 unanswered to take a 1 goal lead into the locker room. In the 2nd half, they scored 10 of the 14 goals to start the 2nd and ultimately put the contest away. Maggie Kane had a great game. The rough and tumble scrappy player scored ​4 goals--all in the 2nd half​. ​Speedy ​Kaitlyn Muir ​scored​ six. This is a team playing with a lot of confidence. They’ll probably get schooled by Maryland next week but​ for now​ they can certainly enjoy ​t​he loftiness of the​ir current position after another​ all-important conference​ win, their unsullied 15 game win streak, and undoubtedly a bump up in the polls Monday.
seacoaster

Re: Michigan 16 Johns Hopkins 11

Post by seacoaster »

Very nice win for the Wolverettes.
BigRedMachine

Re: Michigan 16 Johns Hopkins 11

Post by BigRedMachine »

They were complaining about flopping and I think they had a good case. I saw number 20 ​for JHU ​doing a good bit of acting from my vantage point. ​She reminded me of a certain player--(but we won't go there). ;)
I have no clue of who you are alluding to.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”