Georgetown 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Hoya

Re: Georgetown 2022

Post by Hoya »

HGK wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:21 pm
rolldodge wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:53 am The only bad thing about this bracket is that is in Ohio and not Long Island.
Yup!
Playing at tOSU against tOSU would be a shame but that similar situation has happened to others before. This team really needs to jump on people early, bury them, and move on. Hoyas are capable of making it to championship weekend. Let's hope they perform!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Hoya wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:22 pm
HGK wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:21 pm
rolldodge wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:53 am The only bad thing about this bracket is that is in Ohio and not Long Island.
Yup!
Playing at tOSU against tOSU would be a shame but that similar situation has happened to others before. This team really needs to jump on people early, bury them, and move on. Hoyas are capable of making it to championship weekend. Let's hope they perform!
Nice showing in the USA Lax AA list. It's a crowded field, but hope Watson gets some better recognition in the USILA and media lists. I think there is a good case for him on the 3rd team at least.

Godine, McDermott, Trippi, Donaldson also deserving -- just limited space on the list and GU already taking up 8 spots.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Trippi 25G and 24A at midfield. Those are clearly AA numbers. Others deserving as well agree.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

HGK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:05 am Trippi 25G and 24A at midfield. Those are clearly AA numbers. Others deserving as well agree.
What’s more impressive is he did that in one season at GT and at UNC in 3 1/2 years he only went 44 goals and 30 assist. Interesting how he played in one system to the next one.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Who is a better matchup for the Hoyas? ROMO or Delaware?

RoMo is scary as play such an unconventional style. Delaware is more traditional style and plays very hard. I guess if you want to be around on MDW it doesn’t matter. Just have to win one at a time.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

AreaLax wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:27 am
HGK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:05 am Trippi 25G and 24A at midfield. Those are clearly AA numbers. Others deserving as well agree.
What’s more impressive is he did that in one season at GT and at UNC in 3 1/2 years he only went 44 goals and 30 assist. Interesting how he played in one system to the next one.
That’s crazy. Seems like he made a good choice. A win-win for both sides.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

I bet he makes HM in the USILA list.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Delaware not messing around.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:09 pm Delaware not messing around.
I was really impressed with Delaware early in the season. Then they went into a bit of a slump. Looking good tonight. They have some legit players.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Delaware looked good and are on a nice winning streak. Both teams play a similar style so not a real “dictate the tempo” game. Hoyas need to win the small battles - faceoff, gbs, clearing and riding etc and play with composure. If they do that I see a Hoya win but Delaware is no easy out.

Let’s go Hoyas!
HGK

Post by HGK »

It’s “don’t tell me , show me” time for the Hoyas. No reason to think they won’t but need to more consistently play like the first half of ND and Nova BEC and avoid any extended lulls.

Would Love to see Hess find his late season form from last year. Haley seems to be getting it going, which is a big key for Georgetown given they thrive when scoring is more balanced. Haley drives that balance when feeding confidently. Delaware has some big time scorers. Georgetown has a tremendous defense. That should the most interesting dynamic of this matchup.

Let’s go Hoyas!
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

HGK wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:00 pm It’s “don’t tell me , show me” time for the Hoyas. No reason to think they won’t but need to more consistently play like the first half of ND and Nova BEC and avoid any extended lulls.

Would Love to see Hess find his late season form from last year. Haley seems to be getting it going, which is a big key for Georgetown given they thrive when scoring is more balanced. Haley drives that balance when feeding confidently. Delaware has some big time scorers. Georgetown has a tremendous defense. That should the most interesting dynamic of this matchup.

Let’s go Hoyas!
The team will hopefully start hitting on all cylinders: Hess picks it up on offense, Reilly regains his dominance, and Watson ion target. In the Nova game Watson got shots with little effort but was a bit off otherwise he could have had 4- 5 G.On defense, GU has to avoid the transition or unsettled goals. Hard to do but if this improves the 6x6 defense will succeed.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Delay, lightening.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:39 pm Delay, lightening.
Lightning*
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Isolate Bieda, he can beat his man.
random observer

Post by random observer »

The limitations of the Hoya attack were exposed tonight. This was a golden path to a final four and they blew it. Can't see them getting over the hump with an offensive qb who can't draw a slide once all game on a short stick.

Everything about that last offensive possession was ill conceived; they should never have tried to run down the clock given that they going to be able to hold for the last shot.
HGK

Post by HGK »

With your season on the line, coming out of a timeout, you have to get the ball to Bundy, Trippi or Mcdermott from Haley period. You can’t run the shot clock down and then not have one of those three get the ball. Delaware played great but Georgetown did themselves no favors with some of the decisions on personnel in critical offensive and defensive possessions late in 4th quarter.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Watched Gtown all year and I thought they were the real deal. Thought they were going to end up against MD or UVA in the finals. Just goes to show you that anything can happen in May. Was Delaware's D highly touted/ highly ranked?
Denver14

Post by Denver14 »

Seven all Americans on one team. Versus 1 on the other, why the games are played. Lotta heart on the hens side.
random observer

Post by random observer »

The moment they held the ball there I knew it was over. Richmond tried to do the same thing and got burned. Towson did it a few years ago against Maryland and got burned. It happens over and over and over again and coaches just don't learn. Playing cowardly rarely works; good things happen when you attack and apply pressure. Especially when you can't actually hold for the last shot.

Haven't watched a ton of Delaware, but at the very least Owen Grant is a special player who will likely be playing for Team Canada in the years to come. I think Georgetown was a very good team that played a flat game at the wrong time. But they were definitely more vulnerable than your typical 2 seed. At the end of the day the attack position is the most important position in the college game in my opinion, and the Hoyas just don't have that alpha qb that the teams that cut down the nets on Memorial Day have. This was a team that was solid in so many areas, but when you look at what Ross Scott did to Harvard today, it's clear what Georgetown is currently still missing.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”