ESPN Crew is Unlistenable

D1 Mens Lacrosse
the_fish_whist1er

Re: ESPN Crew is Unlistenable

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

Anyone know why the Rutgers game is being played on their soccer field? I’ve heard that Schiano has been protective of the football stadium and having only his team play on it.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I can't get the Cornell game back, so I'm watching live stats plus the Harvard/Rutgers game. Announcers are calling the game with Bruce Springsteen lyrics...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

faircornell wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:38 pm I can't get the Cornell game back, so I'm watching live stats plus the Harvard/Rutgers game. Announcers are calling the game with Bruce Springsteen lyrics...
restart your phone if you're on the app.
if broadcast, is espn news.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Cornell radio, very knowledgable team, not too homey:
https://whcuradio.com

They're behind ESPN, I pause the TV to get them into reasonable sync ...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:46 pm Cornell radio, very knowledgable team, not too homey:
https://whcuradio.com

They're behind ESPN, I pause the TV to get them into reasonable sync ...
That’s a good idea.
“I wish you would!”
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:37 pm Anyone know why the Rutgers game is being played on their soccer field? I’ve heard that Schiano has been protective of the football stadium and having only his team play on it.
Graduation
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:55 pm
the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:37 pm Anyone know why the Rutgers game is being played on their soccer field? I’ve heard that Schiano has been protective of the football stadium and having only his team play on it.
Graduation
Traffic is a mess too.
“I wish you would!”
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Geez. Dominant Cornell performance, and the dork is talking up Notre Dame... give it up already!
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

FannOLax wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:27 pm Geez. Dominant Cornell performance, and the dork is talking up Notre Dame... give it up already!
Beat me to it. What the heck, Carc? Really?
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

I need an Anish filter. I know it is a blow out, but I don't care about him learning to pump gas and all his silly player bio facts.

The ESPN crew would be much more listenable if they talked less.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

DU-fan wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:08 pm I need an Anish filter. I know it is a blow out, but I don't care about him learning to pump gas and all his silly player bio facts.

Yes! Comparing playing lax to running a restaurant? Jeesus H.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DU-fan wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:08 pm I need an Anish filter. I know it is a blow out, but I don't care about him learning to pump gas and all his silly player bio facts.

Maybe a pair of underwear jammed in his mouth and duct-taped in place? Or straight ball-gag?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:26 pm

Maybe a pair of underwear jammed in his mouth and duct-taped in place? Or straight ball-gag?
That made me laugh... :lol:
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Zim is a treasure. Real glad he calls two games a season while we get the usual fare refusing to call the game
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

How many times to Anish mention the kids hair today? Let it go, bro. Let it go.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

I'm pretty sure those announcers had zero idea DeLuca was a former coach, let alone head coach, at Cornell. Not a single mention of DeLuca leading his team up against his former team and alma mater.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

ICGrad wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:30 pm I'm pretty sure those announcers had zero idea DeLuca was a former coach, let alone head coach, at Cornell. Not a single mention of DeLuca leading his team up against his former team and alma mater.
Hats off to the Hoyas for a great season, and a hard fought game. Quint's "moonwalk" for GT to the Final Four was a premature prediction.

Ben's a great coach. Delaware's poles will be a worthy match for the Cornell attack.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

ICGrad wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:30 pm I'm pretty sure those announcers had zero idea DeLuca was a former coach, let alone head coach, at Cornell. Not a single mention of DeLuca leading his team up against his former team and alma mater.
“those announcers had zero idea”

Yup.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

FannOLax wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:27 pm Geez. Dominant Cornell performance, and the dork is talking up Notre Dame... give it up already!
I couldn't believe it either. He was very measured all game and was incredibly complimentary towards Cornell. He even raised the point of the closeness of the Cornell lax family across years and generations (which is true and one of the most impressive aspects of the program), but then at the end, instead of sticking with the game, he went on his canned ND rant...
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Chousnake wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:05 pm
I couldn't believe it either. He was very measured all game and was incredibly complimentary towards Cornell. He even raised the point of the closeness of the Cornell lax family across years and generations (which is true and one of the most impressive aspects of the program), but then at the end, instead of sticking with the game, he went on his canned ND rant...
He really just can't control himself.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”