Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:11 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:26 pm Shoot em Up, shoot me up!

Two in one muthafng day!

https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/shooti ... e/39997588

God bless 2a NUTS
Way to fly off the handle and make rash judgements. We are talking about NYS with some of the strictest gun laws in America. I'm wondering if this person used an ILLEGAL GUN?You know the guns that 2nd amendment people fight like crazy to stop.
Do they?

Pretty sure flying off the handle is your Schtick. Having empathy for victims is more my jam.
Yeah, you have empathy oozing out of every pore of your body. From what I have just read you are probably right. The shooter is described as a young white kid dressed all in camo who shot up a predominantly black Tops Supermarket.
It was so predictable someone would immediately respond “how do we know if it’s a LEGAL gun?”.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:11 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:26 pm Shoot em Up, shoot me up!

Two in one muthafng day!

https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/shooti ... e/39997588

God bless 2a NUTS
Way to fly off the handle and make rash judgements. We are talking about NYS with some of the strictest gun laws in America. I'm wondering if this person used an ILLEGAL GUN?You know the guns that 2nd amendment people fight like crazy to stop.
Do they?

Pretty sure flying off the handle is your Schtick. Having empathy for victims is more my jam.
Yeah, you have empathy oozing out of every pore of your body. From what I have just read you are probably right. The shooter is described as a young white kid dressed all in camo who shot up a predominantly black Tops Supermarket.
It was so predictable someone would immediately respond “how do we know if it’s a LEGAL gun?”.
Not predictable, just common sense. Far and away the vast majority of shootings and homicides are done by people possessing ILLEGAL weapons. If I'm wrong, please quote statistics to the contrary. I'm certain more will be revealed about this scumbag shooter in Buffalo in the near future.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The gunman who killed at least 10 people in Buffalo is a self-described white supremacist who advocates for the Great Replacement Theory.
He left a manifesto. Probably hundreds of lives shattered and we. will. do. nothing. Our gun fetish is an international embarrassment.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Watch it be my old Broome Co where this POS is from…

Law enforcement investigating Buffalo mass shooting as hate crime

Axios
Axios

Axios on facebook

Axios on twitter

Axios on linkedin

Axios on email

Buffalo Police on scene at Tops Friendly Market in Buffalo, New York. Photo: John Normile/Getty Images
Ten people are dead after a mass shooting in a Tops Supermarket in Buffalo, New York, Buffalo Police commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said at a press conference.

Driving the news: Erie County Sheriff John Garcia called the attack a "straight-up racially motivated hate crime" after the alleged shooter, an 18-year-old white man, drove from "hours away" in tactical gear and opened fire in the store in a predominantly Black neighborhood of Buffalo on Saturday afternoon.

The U.S. attorney for the Western District of New York Trini Ross said the shooting would be investigated as a hate crime.
Buffalo police said the shooter was in custody and would be arraigned soon. Police would not say where the suspect was from, just that he was from a "county in New York" far away from Buffalo.

Law enforcement confirmed the suspect was livestreaming the shooting.
13 people in total were shot, 3 of whom are expected to survive. Eleven of the 13 people were Black, police said.
Tops operations manager Shonnell Harris told the Buffalo News that the shooter was a white man wearing camouflage. "He looked like he was in the Army," Harris said.
Police said a security guard fired at the shooter as he entered the store but due to the shooter's body armor, the bullet did was not able to stop him. The security guard, described by police as "beloved," was later killed.
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said President Biden had been briefed on the shooting.

Editor's note: This is a developing story and will be updated.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Of Fng course…

(From wsj article just out)

The suspected shooter is from Conklin, N.Y., a suburb of Binghamton about 3½ hours southeast of Buffalo, according to a law-enforcement official briefed on the investigation.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

The Tops security guard who was killed was a retired Buffalo police officer.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:45 pm The gunman who killed at least 10 people in Buffalo is a self-described white supremacist who advocates for the Great Replacement Theory.
He left a manifesto. Probably hundreds of lives shattered and we. will. do. nothing. Our gun fetish is an international embarrassment.
“When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.”. -George Carlin
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:17 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:45 pm The gunman who killed at least 10 people in Buffalo is a self-described white supremacist who advocates for the Great Replacement Theory.
“When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.”. -George Carlin
I’d rather have front row tickets for the Janes Addiction/Smashing Pumpkins show next fall I’m going to. Settling for the cheapest floor “seats” I could snag. If I were to commit violence it would be more likely on someone talking trash about the album Ritual De Lo Habitual and especially Three Days.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:41 pm The Tops security guard who was killed was a retired Buffalo police officer.
Apparently his handgun was no match for body armor suspect was wearing.

Like all past tragedies, nothing will change as a result of this one either.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:01 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:41 pm The Tops security guard who was killed was a retired Buffalo police officer.

Acquired at “some gun store”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:07 am

The real tragedy is that this loser had been exhibiting signs of being mentally ill for some time. Wore a hazmat suit to high school for a week. Had a psych eval and yet was allowed to buy guns. The system let these people down, not just the gun dealer, but the "therapy" community. Why aren't there places anymore where they can't hurt others or themselves? Because psychiatric hospitals are cruel? Tell that to the victim's families.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:35 am

The real tragedy is that this loser had been exhibiting signs of being mentally ill for some time. Wore a hazmat suit to high school for a week. Had a psych eval and yet was allowed to buy guns. The system let these people down, not just the gun dealer, but the "therapy" community. Why aren't there places anymore where they can't hurt others or themselves? Because psychiatric hospitals are cruel? Tell that to the victim's families.
We used to sled right down the hill on this facility’s property growing up.

https://omh.ny.gov/omhweb/facilities/bipc/

I’m quite familiar with the area and the people in the area. Ive had my own depression, anxiety & tested affirmative for ADHD (can’t have Ritalin and related or Xanax/Benzos because I have “no filters” hence turned to weed which my psychologist didn’t endorse but expressed an understanding for me going there to manage the chaos inside myself, it just went too far) and spent a significant amount of time in Binghamton in 2020 dealing with my mother dying of cancer. Also grew up with significant violence and chaos in front of me since the day I was born.

I may have acquired habits that hurt myself and, indirectly the ones I love, but it never even occurred to me to go to a 4chan or buy body armor and blame others. If anything I blame myself for many things that aren’t my fault.

Let’s not distract from the 180 page manifesto and the buying of silver and gold coins.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

:shock:
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:34 am

We should tell the security guards family that he and the other victims aren’t the real tragedy. They clearly don’t understand the world.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:47 am

We should tell the security guards family that he and the other victims aren’t the real tragedy. They clearly don’t understand the world.

That boy just loved his culture. Libs shutting down psychiatric hospitals is the real problem.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Here’s more of a tragedy about Binghamton/Broome Co. (and I grew up with the kid who shot and killed Lee Barta, remember the manhunt for Eddie like it was yesterday, also known for a fact that the head detective Cory Minor absolutely picked up underage girls and slept with them while on duty back in the day)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjwD1Ud6nA
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Cooler heads realized long ago it’s not even worth the mildest comment on situations like this. The left salivates to score political points rather than engage in civilized debate.

Get to it x has a rather sensible observation, which TLD was itching to ridicule rather than understand.

Has anyone here yet mentioned Pearly Young? No? Didn’t think so. Here she is. True American patriot.

689FF6A4-53F3-42B8-B62F-0479EEE55EAA.jpeg
689FF6A4-53F3-42B8-B62F-0479EEE55EAA.jpeg (62.44 KiB) Viewed 690 times

Maybe honor her, rather than doing whatever it is you prefer to do.

Oh btw, the reason I rip Democrats is precisely because of things like this: they never choose to honor the victims, but rather score their easy online dunks and layups.

No more comment from me on Buffalo. I’ll leave Ms. Young’s photo as my only thought. Rest In Peace. I’m sorry this nutcase took your life. You deserved better from everyone.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Or we could honor my cousin who was murdered in a mass shooting in 2006.

So f**k you PB. I’ll take the hit Admin. Absolutely worth it to tell this POS what I really think. Classless co**sucker.

Honor all victims who’ve been killed and injured and their families. For me it’s Jason Travers.

Jason Travers, 32: Sister remembers New York man as 'a free spirit'
MARC PARRY, ALBANY TIMES UNION
Updated: March 18, 2011 10:40 p.m.
Facebook
Twitter
Email

Jason Travers grew up in New York

One of the six victims of the "zombie rave'' after-party massacre was from Albany, N.Y., and spoke to his relatives just hours before the shooting.

Jason Travers, 32, was sitting in a chair and possibly asleep when the black-garbed shooter killed him and five others early Saturday, according to his father and the King County Medical Examiner's Office. The gunman committed suicide as police confronted him.

Travers grew up in upstate New York and relatives described him as a "free spirit'' who spent a semester at Schenectady County Community College in New York, helped start a comic book shop in Michigan and moved to Seattle several years ago.

Travers attended both a Friday night rave called "Better Off Undead'' and the smaller after-party in his friend's two-story house, where the shooting took place, according to his father, James Travers. Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske said some guests were "made up to look as if they were dead.''

Hours before the killing, Travers' older sister talked with him by phone. Cheryln Travers, a nurse who lives in Albany, said they discussed her family visiting Seattle in July. She had never been to the city.

"You just cannot comprehend such a senseless act of violence,'' said Travers, 36, who helped her single father raise Jason. "You watch these things about Columbine, and then when it hits home 5 it's just truly a senseless act of violence that nobody will ever understand.''

Investigators were still working on understanding the shooter's motive Sunday, said Seattle Police spokesman Sean Whitcomb.

The shooter was a guest at the party where about 20 people had gathered. He left around 7 a.m. Saturday, went to his black Dodge pickup truck and came back armed with a 12-gauge, pistol-grip shotgun, a handgun and bandoliers of shotgun shells, police said.

He forced his way back inside the house as he fired, police said. Authorities found one of his victims -- four men and two women -- on the porch steps. Three were found in the living room, and one other was at the front door.

After he couldn't get into the upstairs bathroom where a couple had taken refuge, he blasted the door. The couple survived, unharmed.

James Travers learned from an investigator that one of the victims had Jason Travers' wallet and driver's license in his pocket, he said.

Travers also recognized his son's hair in a media photo of authorities taking a gurney from the house, he said in an interview Sunday.

"It's a very small shot of his hair, but it's him,'' said Travers, 57, a retired ironworker. "It's really tough. He's my only son and I love him with all my heart.''

He described Jason's circle of friends as "brilliant creative individuals'' and artists. He downplayed some media reports that portrayed the group as strange or weird.

Travers planned to leave for Seattle today. mond His thoughts and prayers were with the other victims' families, he said.

Prior to his death, Jason Travers had just returned to Seattle from Colorado, where he owns a home, his father said. He apparently was not presently employed. He worked previously as dairy department manager in a Seattle food cooperative.

He left the upstate New York years ago for Ann Arbor, where he helped start a comic book store not far from the University of Michigan campus.

Kind, gentle and generous, Travers was a vegan who "wouldn't eat anything that had legs and could run away from him,'' his father said.

As a child, however, he filled his mouth with dried cat food to gross out his sister, Cheryln Travers remembered with a chuckle. She said he enjoyed embarrassing her in front of friends.

"He was just a free spirit,'' she said when asked what led him to move out West. "He did what he wanted to.''
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:47 am

Would it have been better that this kook never got his guns or that he killed a couple of people before the security guard took him out? I'm saying it could have been avoided. I'm a 2A supporter, but you do recall that Cruz, the Parkland shooter had more than a few interactions with law enforcement, yet was still able to kill 17 people. Policies were in place to be more lenient with troubled students to avoid the negativity of more realistic charges, like assault, that were considered to negatively affect the future of the offender. Dylan Roof got his guns because the FBI effed up his background check. If he had been committed to a safe facility it never would have happened.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:21 am Cooler heads realized long ago it’s not even worth the mildest comment on situations like this. The left salivates to score political points rather than engage in civilized debate.
Good thing you're above doing that, Petey.

Return to “POLITICS”