Ivy League 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
bearlaxfan

Re: Ivy League 2022

Post by bearlaxfan »

Bearfan wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:19 am This is an IVY League thread. Am a little tired reading about ND and their alleged snub. Take it to an ND thread. IVY league is the topic and trial starts today at noon. Best of luck to all the IVY teams.
Sorry... 1 more. After your post I went looking for their thread. P6 here, 2 total pages. Does any ND grad or student beside Ossello, other ACC fans, and lax media muffins care about ND lacrosse?😂. FootballBasketballHockeyBaseball... lacrosse?
Not taking sides in the 'controversy', just sayin'.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

ICGrad wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:10 am ... The Ohio State University. Eff those pretentious a-holes and their definite article.

Which kind of brings us full circle. Go Big Red!
I am staunchly anti-Buckeyes for a different set of reasons. So many reasons to detest "them Buckeyes" (as I heard them lovingly referred to during my years living in Central Ahia). So, all the more reason to say GO CORNELL BIG RED!
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:44 am
QuakerSouth wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:22 am ^^^This. In CAPS.
Though I will be rooting for St Joes as stupid fans like us do like to bathe in the glory of our conference brethren no different than SEC football fans claiming dominance because of Alabama.
And you'll get no argument from folks on a board that is devoted to the Ivy League as a whole! I thought St. Joseph's looked formidable in their game against UPenn, the only one I watched. I am hoping that Yale's goalie has a strong early start because with the outstanding St. Joe's FOGO certainly Yale will face plenty of shots. They looked so good against Penn that I don't have much of a sense of their weaknesses.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:21 am
Bearfan wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:19 am This is an IVY League thread. Am a little tired reading about ND and their alleged snub. Take it to an ND thread. IVY league is the topic and trial starts today at noon. Best of luck to all the IVY teams.
Sorry... 1 more. After your post I went looking for their thread. P6 here, 2 total pages. Does any ND grad or student beside Ossello, other ACC fans, and lax media muffins care about ND lacrosse?😂. FootballBasketballHockeyBaseball... lacrosse?
I think it's like UVA and "The Sabre" -- whatever ND lax message board activity there is doesn't really show up here. Twitter had a lot going on.

65 minutes to go until we kick off what I hope can be a banner weekend for all the Ivies. Let's go Big Red, Bruno, Cantabs, Quakers, Tigers, and Elis!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:54 am
Though I will be rooting for St Joes as stupid fans like us do like to bathe in the glory of our conference brethren no different than SEC football fans claiming dominance because of Alabama.
And you'll get no argument from folks on a board that is devoted to the Ivy League as a whole! I thought St. Joseph's looked formidable in their game against UPenn, the only one I watched. I am hoping that Yale's goalie has a strong early start because with the outstanding St. Joe's FOGO certainly Yale will face plenty of shots. They looked so good against Penn that I don't have much of a sense of their weaknesses.
I mean for me it’s like when my son or daughter asks who we’re rooting for. In lacrosse they know the answer for Bart vs Cuse/Cornell, same w Bart v Ithaca/Union (especially)/RPI in football but in cases like this where I don’t loathe the other team/program it’s more root for a great game, no one get injured but it would be cool to say SJU win. Not some anti Yale thing (even if I may never forget Shay rightfully swiping Ben Reeves from us!)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:27 am
I mean for me it’s like when my son or daughter asks who we’re rooting for. In lacrosse they know the answer for Bart vs Cuse/Cornell, same w Bart v Ithaca/Union (especially)/RPI in football but in cases like this where I don’t loathe the other team/program it’s more root for a great game, no one get injured but it would be cool to say SJU win. Not some anti Yale thing (even if I may never forget Shay rightfully swiping Ben Reeves from us!)
Does Hobart have a football team?

Kidding! I'm kidding!
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

Can you post a picture of a "lax media muffin". I am having a hard time finding a definition and visual... ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ICGrad wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:37 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:27 am
Does Hobart have a football team?

Kidding! I'm kidding!
I was going to bring up Joe Germineiro but you guys have to replace another HC so I’ll give them a pass. Blame it on the guy they hired from Hopkins…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

b1w7o9y7h wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:39 am
Can you post a picture of a "lax media muffin". I am having a hard time finding a definition and visual... ;)
I’ve got visuals. But describing them would violate numerous laws.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

So far this looks like Yale vs BU, looks like physical mismatch, BU O getting just shoved off their spots
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Looking good, but 4-0 early can evaporate. It almost seems inevitable that BU's offense gets better during this game. We'll see.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Good to see Cathal Roberts back out there.
San Ramon (Danville CA) High school
Pete Worstell’s Be The Best
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

A team that didn't qualify for the Ivy League tourney taking down the Patriot League champs. 10-5 now.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

laxfan1313 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:01 pm A team that didn't qualify for the Ivy League tourney taking down the Patriot League champs. 10-5 now.
Patriot League champs about to be 0-4 against Ivies. 12-1 against everyone else.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Gobigred wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:05 pm
laxfan1313 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:01 pm A team that didn't qualify for the Ivy League tourney taking down the Patriot League champs. 10-5 now.
Patriot League champs about to be 0-4 against Ivies. 12-1 against everyone else.
I expected a much closer game... guess I'm used to watching Ivy v Ivy.
QuakerSouth

Post by QuakerSouth »

As a family of Quakers, we really, umm, dislike orange and black, BUT, we must give Princeton their props and congratulate them on their win. We need the first one to start the trend.

1 down, 5 to go...
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Patriot League just hit a ceiling hard against Ivy/B1G this year. Didn't have the athletes to keep up. Same story for BU here today.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

FannOLax wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:09 pm
I expected a much closer game... guess I'm used to watching Ivy v Ivy.
Princeton's D was rock-solid and their FO outstanding. They really controlled the flow of the game from start to finish. Could have been much worse than 12-5.

Great start...
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Burkinshaw continuing to stand tall.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Penn’s getting sloppy. Not good.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”