SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: SCOTUS

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:57 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:10 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:10 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:04 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:36 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:39 pm Conservatives from 1600 to today: Let's make black people our property, keep them from being a full person or voting, lynch them when it's convenient, prevent them from getting an equal education or owning homes or businesses or having abortions and let's fight every change along the way and make things harder for them so we have it better.

Conservatives in 2022: Why are liberals so racist? They say black people have a hard time pulling themselves up by their bootstraps because of the color of their skin!
Black folks in 2022 sure as hell don't need Old White liberal men and women to help them. Too many of these folks are struggling BECAUSE of the efforts of liberal white America. Your only answer is to throw more money at poor folks and pat yourself on your backs for your compassion. You folks really are pathetic. You hand out just enough crumbs to make yourself look like heroes. The greatest success story for any person who is struggling financially and economically is the freedom you enjoy when you don't need crumbs from the government to survive just barely from month to month. That does not mean you don't help people in need. It should be made clear that if you are able bodied that help does not last forever.
Why do you find it necessary to include “old”, “fat” or “liberal” as adjectives? It’s silly. Pointless. Value destructive to whatever point you think you are making. Before even bothering with the substance.

And of course this is wildly conflating socioeconomic struggles with racial struggles.
Yes. +1.

Cradle is correct. Liberals have done more to harm blacks than any group out there. Look at Baltimore. Look at everywhere. And then listen to how liberals speak of blacks.

Janet Yellens comments that ‘it’s preferable for black parents to abort their children than raise them’ is the chefs kiss demonstration how a liberal thinks of black people. Despicable. Is todays liberal that far off of Margaret Sanger’s original thesis?

But a liberal can’t even see any of that. Instead, they’re outraged that’s how normal people heard those comments by Yellen. Liberals have zero self-awareness of their innate bigotry.
LIAR. Troll.
Not even on that level. My daughter loves trolls! Especially Poppy! They are far cuter and more entertaining.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xyjm5VQ11TQ
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:39 pm Conservatives from 1600 to today: Let's make black people our property, keep them from being a full person or voting, lynch them when it's convenient, prevent them from getting an equal education or owning homes or businesses or having abortions and let's fight every change along the way and make things harder for them so we have it better.

Conservatives in 2022: Why are liberals so racist? They say black people have a hard time pulling themselves up by their bootstraps because of the color of their skin!
Black folks in 2022 sure as hell don't need Old White liberal men and women to help them. Too many of these folks are struggling BECAUSE of the efforts of liberal white America. Your only answer is to throw more money at poor folks and pat yourself on your backs for your compassion. You folks really are pathetic. You hand out just enough crumbs to make yourself look like heroes. The greatest success story for any person who is struggling financially and economically is the freedom you enjoy when you don't need crumbs from the government to survive just barely from month to month. That does not mean you don't help people in need. It should be made clear that if you are able bodied that help does not last forever.
Why do you find it necessary to include “old”, “fat” or “liberal” as adjectives? It’s silly. Pointless. Value destructive to whatever point you think you are making. Before even bothering with the substance.

And of course this is wildly conflating socioeconomic struggles with racial struggles.
Yes. +1.

Cradle is correct. Liberals have done more to harm blacks than any group out there. Look at Baltimore. Look at everywhere. And then listen to how liberals speak of blacks.

Janet Yellens comments that ‘it’s preferable for black parents to abort their children than raise them’ is the chefs kiss demonstration how a liberal thinks of black people. Despicable. Is todays liberal that far off of Margaret Sanger’s original thesis?

But a liberal can’t even see any of that. Instead, they’re outraged that’s how normal people heard those comments by Yellen. Liberals have zero self-awareness of their innate bigotry.
LIAR. Troll.

C482424A-D227-477D-803C-B563A913A886.jpeg
C482424A-D227-477D-803C-B563A913A886.jpeg (208.69 KiB) Viewed 713 times

Janet Yellen’s words here were the same used in the Roe vs Wade trial, repeated by democrats ever since, to say Roe v. Wade is good for the economy. With a disproportionate number of babies aborted being black, this appears racist. On its face, isn’t killing babies for economic reasons EUGENICS?

What a bonafide liberal racist.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Because old, fat, liberal white people are the biggest obstacle most poor people of all economic persuasions have to overcome to actually get ahead. They want soooooooooo badly to help them. So when your 28 years old and have 3 kids and despite all the services given to you, despite SNAP benefits you still need to have your school feed lunch to your kid. You give me 4 kids and a 100 dollars a week in SNAP benefits.. those kids would NEVER leave the house hungry... Do some grocery math people. I will break it down for you. 10 dollars buys you 3 large boxes of corn flakes. 5 dollars buys you 2 gallons of milk. 5 dollars buys you 2 large loaves of bread. 5 dollars more buys you a pound of lunch meat. 5 dollars more buys you a large jar of peanut butter. 5 dollars more buys you a large jar of grape jelly. We are up to 35 dollars now. I'm hoping by now at least SOME of you folks on this forum get my drift. You give me a 100 dollars a week, I will feed your kids with leftovers in the fridge and your pantry. I know it is possible BECAUSE I HAVE DONE IT. My kids NEVER had to DEPEND on their school to feed them. Since I'm as stupid as MANY of you folks claim.... how did I pull that miracle off???? My kids NEVER had to depend on their school to feed them. Feeding my kids, clothing my kids, supporting my kids as a single divorced dad was not a picnic. You do it because your kids are the most important thing in your life. I'm stubborn and obstinate enough to never let feeding my kids become somebody elses responsibility. My kids may have only went to school with a PBJ and an apple in their brown bag but I paid for that PBJ and apple.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Make ‘em have them babies. Keep ‘em where they belong. They can wash my dishes and clean my floors any time I want.

For FL’s oh so generous $10/hr minimum wage.

Not just a troll, a Effen troll.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Cradle, you need to get yourself into a food store. $5 won’t get you two gallons of curdled milk.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:32 am Make ‘em have them babies. Keep ‘em where they belong. They can wash my dishes and clean my floors any time I want.

Same reason why FLPs and FRCs both love illegal immigrants? The Dems get a plethora of new voters and the Repubs get a plethora of dirt cheap labor to pick fruits and vegetables and to clean and turn over all those hotel rooms.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:34 am Cradle, you need to get yourself into a food store. $5 won’t get you two gallons of curdled milk.
My wife and I shop together every week at Wegmans. A gallon of fat free milk at our Wegmans is 2.47 cents. My math puts that just under 5 dollars. I don't know where you buy your milk but your getting ripped off. Don't doubt me in this SC.. I go shopping with my wife every damn week. I've done it for years. I know how to shop cheap. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty freaky good at it. My wife and I average now about 120 dollars a week. If you think I'm blowing smoke up your ass.. go check Wegmans web site. My wife and I buy 2 gallons of fat free milk every damn week. It actually only cost a 1.99 a gallon about 6 months ago. When was the last time you actually shopped at you local Piggly Wiggly?
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri May 13, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 am

Yes. +1.

LIAR. Troll.

Janet Yellen’s words here were the same used in the Roe vs Wade trial, repeated by democrats ever since, to say Roe v. Wade is good for the economy. With a disproportionate number of babies aborted being black, this appears racist. On its face, isn’t killing babies for economic reasons EUGENICS?

Those are her exact words, not your hateful, twisted interpretation.

Women's rights, which they did not have and in some cases still don't have fully, are indeed good for the economy.
That includes contraception, equal pay, freedom from harassment, choice, and yes, the vote.

Restrictions on women's rights are bad for the economy, productivity and employment participation rate.

Expansion of women's rights, their education, their freedom from harassment, fair pay, family leave support (for men too), is all good for the economy.

53% of abortions are by women in poverty, which is quite "disproportionate"
39% white, 28% black, 25% Hispanic...reflecting the disproportion of black and hispanic women in poverty versus white. Yes, race remains a factor in poverty rate.

No "babies" are being killed at 23 weeks. Fetuses. Sure, potential.
We begin to have a more challenging conversation, at least IMO, after viability.

Let's be clear, these folks are coming for contraception too.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:44 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:34 am Cradle, you need to get yourself into a food store. $5 won’t get you two gallons of curdled milk.
My wife and I shop together every week at Wegmans. A gallon of fat free milk at our Wegmans is 2.47 cents. My math puts that just under 5 dollars. I don't know where you buy your milk but your getting ripped off. Don't doubt me in this SC.. I go shopping with my wife every damn week. I've done it for years. I know how to shop cheap. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty freaky good at it. My wife and I average now about 120 dollars a week.
hmmm...I think the lowest price Wegman's has this week on a gallon is $2.69 for the fat free. Whole milk is 3.49, 2% (which we use) is $3.19.

;)
Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 9.47.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 9.47.08 AM.png (3.63 KiB) Viewed 702 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

My wife and I shop together every week at Wegmans. A gallon of fat free milk at our Wegmans is 2.47 cents. My math puts that just under 5 dollars. I don't know where you buy your milk but your getting ripped off. Don't doubt me in this SC.. I go shopping with my wife every damn week. I've done it for years. I know how to shop cheap. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty freaky good at it. My wife and I average now about 120 dollars a week. If you think I'm blowing smoke up your ass.. go check Wegmans web site. My wife and I buy 2 gallons of fat free milk every damn week. It actually only cost a 1.99 a gallon about 6 months ago. When was the last time you actually shopped at you local Piggly Wiggly?
so...you and your wife, two people, average $120 a week shopping "cheap", and you expect a mother and 4 growing kids to survive on $100?

Nope, not gonna get it done, and not close.
The good news is that it's indeed possible to shop smart and eat healthy food, but it's closer to $200 per week for a family of 4.

Making this more challenging, though, is when mom is working two jobs simply to pay the heat and rent, etc, and they have to live in an area where there isn't a great store like a Wegman's around the corner. Two bus ride stops away, maybe, but when to go? How to get it all home? so, instead they need to resort to small, often grubby stores with poor produce turnover and higher prices because they have far less purchasing power than a Wegmans (great retailer BTW).

and of course, don't get me started on some of the stupid SNAP rules that don't allow a user to purchase "prepared" foods like a rotisserie chicken, which are often less costly as a 'loss leader' than buying a whole chicken and cooking it yourself...stupid...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:45 am

Yes. +1.

LIAR. Troll.

Women's rights, which they did not have and in some cases still don't have fully, are indeed good for the economy.
That includes contraception, equal pay, freedom from harassment, choice, and yes, the vote.

Restrictions on women's rights are bad for the economy, productivity and employment participation rate.

Expansion of women's rights, their education, their freedom from harassment, fair pay, family leave support (for men too), is all good for the economy.

39% white, 28% black, 25% Hispanic...reflecting the disproportion of black and hispanic women in poverty versus white. Yes, race remains a factor in poverty rate.

We begin to have a more challenging conversation, at least IMO, after viability.

So what Ms Yellen tried to say in such a pathetically poor manner was to encourage poor black women to abort their babies because they were doomed before they were even born??? As our local FLP Republican liberal social justice warrior you agree with her??????? The fact you are born dirt poor does not mean your entitled to be born. Both my parents and every damn body of any color born in the 1920s were all born dirt poor. They ALL became what we know today as the "greatest generation" They became the greatest generation because they had no other choice.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am

Because old, fat, liberal white people are the biggest obstacle most poor people of all economic persuasions have to overcome to actually get ahead. They want soooooooooo badly to help them. So when your 28 years old and have 3 kids and despite all the services given to you, despite SNAP benefits you still need to have your school feed lunch to your kid. You give me 4 kids and a 100 dollars a week in SNAP benefits.. those kids would NEVER leave the house hungry... Do some grocery math people. I will break it down for you. 10 dollars buys you 3 large boxes of corn flakes. 5 dollars buys you 2 gallons of milk. 5 dollars buys you 2 large loaves of bread. 5 dollars more buys you a pound of lunch meat. 5 dollars more buys you a large jar of peanut butter. 5 dollars more buys you a large jar of grape jelly. We are up to 35 dollars now. I'm hoping by now at least SOME of you folks on this forum get my drift. You give me a 100 dollars a week, I will feed your kids with leftovers in the fridge and your pantry. I know it is possible BECAUSE I HAVE DONE IT. My kids NEVER had to DEPEND on their school to feed them. Since I'm as stupid as MANY of you folks claim.... how did I pull that miracle off???? My kids NEVER had to depend on their school to feed them. Feeding my kids, clothing my kids, supporting my kids as a single divorced dad was not a picnic. You do it because your kids are the most important thing in your life. I'm stubborn and obstinate enough to never let feeding my kids become somebody elses responsibility. My kids may have only went to school with a PBJ and an apple in their brown bag but I paid for that PBJ and apple.
So healthy or young liberals aren’t a problem? What about old fat fake conservative and hidden racist republicans?

The rest is worth as much to me as HCR stories mean to you
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:02 am

Yes. +1.

LIAR. Troll.

So what Ms Yellen tried to say in such a pathetically poor manner was to encourage poor black women to abort their babies because they were doomed before they were even born??? As our local FLP Republican liberal social justice warrior you agree with her??????? The fact you are born dirt poor does not mean your entitled to be born. Both my parents and every damn body of any color born in the 1920s were all born dirt poor. They ALL became what we know today as the "greatest generation" They became the greatest generation because they had no other choice.
Stop it, cradle. she said no such thing.

Why is it that you want her to have said something awful, when she clearly didn't?

You don't have to do so.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am

Since SSI isn’t and hasn’t been in decades fully funded then we should bounce that social safety net too. Yes that’s right you didn’t pay as much as you’ll take out (god willing because I still think you are a good person and wish you well even if this ish you’re spewing annoys the ever loving f**k out of me-it’s so reductive and inaccurate I should just let it go and that’s on me)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:50 am
My wife and I shop together every week at Wegmans. A gallon of fat free milk at our Wegmans is 2.47 cents. My math puts that just under 5 dollars. I don't know where you buy your milk but your getting ripped off. Don't doubt me in this SC.. I go shopping with my wife every damn week. I've done it for years. I know how to shop cheap. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty freaky good at it. My wife and I average now about 120 dollars a week.
hmmm...I think the lowest price Wegman's has this week on a gallon is $2.69 for the fat free. Whole milk is 3.49, 2% (which we use) is $3.19.

;)

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 9.47.08 AM.png
Skim is best.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:54 am
so...you and your wife, two people, average $120 a week shopping "cheap", and you expect a mother and 4 growing kids to survive on $100?

The good news is that it's indeed possible to shop smart and eat healthy food, but it's closer to $200 per week for a family of 4.

Making this more challenging, though, is when mom is working two jobs simply to pay the heat and rent, etc, and they have to live in an area where there isn't a great store like a Wegman's around the corner. Two bus ride stops away, maybe, but when to go? How to get it all home? so, instead they need to resort to small, often grubby stores with poor produce turnover and higher prices because they have far less purchasing power than a Wegmans (great retailer BTW).

and of course, don't get me started on some of the stupid SNAP rules that don't allow a user to purchase "prepared" foods like a rotisserie chicken, which are often less costly as a 'loss leader' than buying a whole chicken and cooking it yourself...stupid...
Where’s DMac? That dude shops better than the guys on Homboyz Network! Check out his efforts on the food thread.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:38 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:32 am Make ‘em have them babies. Keep ‘em where they belong. They can wash my dishes and clean my floors any time I want.

Same reason why FLPs and FRCs both love illegal immigrants? The Dems get a plethora of new voters and the Repubs get a plethora of dirt cheap labor to pick fruits and vegetables and to clean and turn over all those hotel rooms.
Why are you so opposed to immigrants? After all, we need many more immigrants to replace old people like you.

Your stereotypes are also outdated. Many immigrants today are better educated than the old white Americans that they will replace. Keeps our population growing and young, unlike what is happening in anti-immigration nations like Japan, which has seen its population shrinking and aging since 2008.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

e

SNAP benefits for a mother of 4 in NYS are OVER 120 dollars a week. So if the schools need to feed your kids 2 meals a day 5 days a week... what are the moms not providing with the rest of the money. Don't you effing dare call me stupid. I went through this struggle with my boys as a single divorced dad. You do it because you HAVE to MD. I never took one effing red cent of SNAP benefits. I don't look down on any any parent that does. I know from personal experience how hard it can be. My kids went to school every damn day packing their own lunch. Providing that food was not an insurmountable obstacle. You give me 120 dollars a week and I will provide 3 squares a day for 4 kids and still have money left over for popcorn and hotdogs and a whole lot more. The PROBLEM is too many of these parents don't know how to shop or understand the basic concept that use to be taught in school of home economics. I use to make a supper for my boys called cheesey mac. It was a pound of ground beef I seasoned with chili mix, a half a stick of Velveeta cheese, a can of tomato soup and a pound of elbow macaroni. I don't believe that dinner cost me much more than 10 dollars. The leftovers were a meal for another day. I had back in those days a very limited budget. I always made it work. If I can do it any damn body can do it. When you have no other choice, what else can you do?
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:02 am

Yes. +1.

LIAR. Troll.

This of course is the overarching point. Anyone of any color or means can grow up to be anything they want. The fact that the FLP believe that no one born poor can rise above their station in life explains all you need to know about how they view humanity in general and American exceptionalism specifically.

And with respect to MD, he can’t understand why a guy like Tim Scott would be offended by Yellen’s words, words that MD hears as a sterile explainer about why abortion is good for the economy, but words tfat a man like Tim Scott hears as straight-up eugenic racism.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:25 am

e

SNAP benefits for a mother of 4 in NYS are OVER 120 dollars a week. So if the schools need to feed your kids 2 meals a day 5 days a week... what are the moms not providing with the rest of the money. Don't you effing dare call me stupid. I went through this struggle with my boys as a single divorced dad. You do it because you HAVE to MD. I never took one effing red cent of SNAP benefits. I don't look down on any any parent that does. I know from personal experience how hard it can be. My kids went to school every damn day packing their own lunch. Providing that food was not an insurmountable obstacle. You give me 120 dollars a week and I will provide 3 squares a day for 4 kids and still have money left over for popcorn and hotdogs and a whole lot more. The PROBLEM is too many of these parents don't know how to shop or understand the basic concept that use to be taught in school of home economics. I use to make a supper for my boys called cheesey mac. It was a pound of ground beef I seasoned with chili mix, a half a stick of Velveeta cheese, a can of tomato soup and a pound of elbow macaroni. I don't believe that dinner cost me much more than 10 dollars. The leftovers were a meal for another day. I had back in those days a very limited budget. I always made it work. If I can do it any damn body can do it. When you have no other choice, what else can you do?
did I call you "stupid"?? If so, I apologize.

But no, $120 doesn't cut it for a mom and 4 kids in the current era.

Yes, smart meal planning (like using our app!) can save a family of 4 about $100 a month, by taking advantage of what's on sale that week.

But your situation in your era, challenging as I'm sure it was, two parents working, two boys, doesn't mirror the mom with 4 kids on SNAP in a poor neighborhood. Simply doesn't.

Of course, you're entirely right that it's possible to do better than most of these families do, and for the federal and local funding support, to be better deployed. No argument with that.

Return to “POLITICS”