MoralTerpitude

Re: Maryland 2022

Post by MoralTerpitude »

10stone5 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:49 am Terps,

33 and 2 since 2020,

one goal losses to Villanova and Virginia,

so avoid the ‘V’ teams.
We did beat Vermont last year.

Villanova has given us trouble the last five or so years.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Maryland live stats seems to think that the game is OSU v Rutgers; Logan Wisnauskas has 2 goals for Rutgers! :lol:
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

McNaney’s got some wheels. Serious burst.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Ugly weather, not their best effort for most of the game, and still a 10 goal win over a Top 5 team. Helluva team. Hope it ends in glee on Monday
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

jrn19 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:28 pm Ugly weather, not their best effort for most of the game, and still a 10 goal win over a Top 5 team. Helluva team. Hope it ends in glee on Monday
I think Rutgers deserves alot of the credit. Their D was strong early on, and didn’t give the Terps the usual bevy of good inside looks that they normally get. The Terps shot 28%(!) in the first half.

But Rutgers wore down, probably due to both spending alot of time on defense, and playing a second game in three days. Terps shot a more characteristic 47% in the second half.

McNaney seems to be getting better as the year wears on. He’s saved over 60% of shots he’s faced since the Penn State game, and is such an advantage in breaking the ride - great decision making and execution.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Terps————>

“Secretariat is moving like a Tremendous Machine!”

MDralphie

Post by MDralphie »

An ugly night for a beautiful win! Offense as usual was precise and lethal. Logan and Luke did their thing but their defense was suffocating! Close, LSM, and Shorties were just about perfect. Geppert, Zap, Puglise, Makar, Bubba et al are the best! Best defense in the country in any conference!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:04 am Terps————>

“Secretariat is moving like a Tremendous Machine!”

my earliest clear sports memory. i know where i was, i know what i did after. it was an amazing performance.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

2k+ came out last night in the rain to watch the game.

Big ten championship post game press
https://youtu.be/9ig3RUTDwdw

Post by 1766 »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:44 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:28 pm Ugly weather, not their best effort for most of the game, and still a 10 goal win over a Top 5 team. Helluva team. Hope it ends in glee on Monday
I think Rutgers deserves alot of the credit. Their D was strong early on, and didn’t give the Terps the usual bevy of good inside looks that they normally get. The Terps shot 28%(!) in the first half.

But Rutgers wore down, probably due to both spending alot of time on defense, and playing a second game in three days. Terps shot a more characteristic 47% in the second half.

McNaney seems to be getting better as the year wears on. He’s saved over 60% of shots he’s faced since the Penn State game, and is such an advantage in breaking the ride - great decision making and execution.
Congratulations to Maryland. You all have a magnificent team. The Rutgers team is disappointed that they didn't play their best. That wasn't a true representation of their capabilities, specifically on offense. Of course Maryland had a lot to do with that. The defense I think played extremely well. They certainly did get worn down. Weirman seems unbeatable. Combine that with uncharacteristic turnovers and it was an impossible mission. As Coach Brecht said, we are disappointed we didn't play our best but that's sports.

The big prize is still out there. It's going to be nice to see teams not in the B1G, that's for sure. Hopefully we wouldn't see you guys again until the Championship game. Best of luck, Terps.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

1766 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:24 pm

Congratulations to Maryland. You all have a magnificent team. The Rutgers team is disappointed that they didn't play their best. That wasn't a true representation of their capabilities, specifically on offense. Of course Maryland had a lot to do with that. The defense I think played extremely well. They certainly did get worn down. Weirman seems unbeatable. Combine that with uncharacteristic turnovers and it was an impossible mission. As Coach Brecht said, we are disappointed we didn't play our best but that's sports.

The big prize is still out there. It's going to be nice to see teams not in the B1G, that's for sure. Hopefully we wouldn't see you guys again until the Championship game. Best of luck, Terps.
Rutgers is a Final Four quality team. I will not be surprised to see them make it there.

Funny enough, we Terp fans have talked all year about this year feeling very similar to 2017. Everyone though the 2016 was the best Terps' team in decades, but they lost in an excruciating way to an ACC that played out of its mind. 2017 was the "team on a mission" team...that beat a B1G team in the title game.

I'd be all for an All-Big Ten title game in 2022.
terp talk

Re: Maryland 2022---Post Game Show

Post by terp talk »

Wayne, myself and Mason sure had a lot of fun doing the Post Game last night after the Terps captured the Big Ten Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllPMVl_DCc
Peter Brown

Re: Maryland 2022---Post Game Show

Post by Peter Brown »

terp talk wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:37 pm Wayne, myself and Mason sure had a lot of fun doing the Post Game last night after the Terps captured the Big Ten Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllPMVl_DCc

Great video. You guys do good work.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:28 pm
1766 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:24 pm

Rutgers is a Final Four quality team. I will not be surprised to see them make it there.

Funny enough, we Terp fans have talked all year about this year feeling very similar to 2017. Everyone though the 2016 was the best Terps' team in decades, but they lost in an excruciating way to an ACC that played out of its mind. 2017 was the "team on a mission" team...that beat a B1G team in the title game.

I'd be all for an All-Big Ten title game in 2022.
Me too. I really like what Brecht has done at Rutgers… excellent coach and classy guy. I think the B1G season has hardened our teams, and it will show in the tournament.

Going to be pulling for Rutgers to make it to Hartford, and I think they will (as long as they aren’t the 8 or 9 seed 8-) ). Best of luck to the Knights.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

The quarterfinal matchup between Maryland and Virginia scares me a little. UVA has a lot of talent, but has been pretty banged up this year. They'll play Brown coming off a lot of rest (last game was April 28!), which should help with the injuries, but also I'm sure they need to get back into playing form.

Also some revenge for how the Terps absolutely smoked them earlier this year. I was hoping the Terps wouldn't run into Notre Dame or Virginia in the Tourney, but 1 out of 2 isn't bad. But I honestly felt the Terps would see UVA at some point in the Tourney anyways, so best to get it out of the way early I suppose.

In the end, this is the best Terps team I've ever seen. I hope they win the NCAA Tournament by just meeting and overcoming the best teams in the land. Put no doubt on it....
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

PulpExposure wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:19 pm The quarterfinal matchup between Maryland and Virginia scares me a little. UVA has a lot of talent, but has been pretty banged up this year. They'll play Brown coming off a lot of rest (last game was April 28!), which should help with the injuries, but also I'm sure they need to get back into playing form.

Also some revenge for how the Terps absolutely smoked them earlier this year. I was hoping the Terps wouldn't run into Notre Dame or Virginia in the Tourney, but 1 out of 2 isn't bad. But I honestly felt the Terps would see UVA at some point in the Tourney anyways, so best to get it out of the way early I suppose.

In the end, this is the best Terps team I've ever seen. I hope they win the NCAA Tournament by just meeting and overcoming the best teams in the land. Put no doubt on it....
Yeah… Tillman has been usung the loss to UVa to motivate the team all year. No better motivation than playing them again with everything on the line.

Anyone know UVa’s injury situation? And also what the deal is with Shellenberger? His shooting really took a nosedive after the Notre Dame game. Is he injured?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Six Terps select in the PLL last night.
Wisnauskas selected #1
Publish #7
Fairman #11
Donville #16
Khan #20
Higgins #22
viho

Post by viho »

Joe Beninati on Washington Sports radio this morning:

"The only team that beats Maryland...is Maryland."

I think he lifted that from Platoon.

[youtube][https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqyE4u6rp5Q/youtube]
Cno3putts

Post by Cno3putts »

Outsiders Observation, think McNaney is the best all around goalie in th BIG. Kid can play.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I think Maryland will have its hands full with Vermont.

Start at face off. Last spring, Burke didn’t do well against Shockey, but he did do well against Weirman. And when Maryland doesn’t control the ball…

Vermont’s attack is seasoned. They have the smarts to figure out holes on a defense.

Their goalie Cornel might be the best goalie Maryland has seen this year.

A Bernhardt is on their sideline.

Feifs is not only an ex-FO coach, he’s a Maryland grad.

I’d be wary if I were Maryland here.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”