SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: SCOTUS

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tim-scott ... nkful-here

So this old, fat liberal white woman is saying the best thing for poor black women to do is abort their babies??? Good thing Sen Scott knocked her ass down a few pegs.

"She continued justifying abortion by saying, "It means that children will grow up in poverty and do worse themselves."

Scott interjected and cited his own experience growing up poor and Black as something he was ultimately grateful for. "I’ll just simply say that as a guy raised by a Black woman in abject poverty, I am thankful to be here as a United States senator."
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:42 am https://www.foxnews.com/media/tim-scott ... nkful-here

So this old, fat liberal white woman is saying the best thing for poor black women to do is abort their babies??? Good thing Sen Scott knocked her ass down a few pegs.

"She continued justifying abortion by saying, "It means that children will grow up in poverty and do worse themselves."

Scott interjected and cited his own experience growing up poor and Black as something he was ultimately grateful for. "I’ll just simply say that as a guy raised by a Black woman in abject poverty, I am thankful to be here as a United States senator."
Indeed, Scott speaks from a strong position.
Important factor...his mother wanted him born.

Statistically, however, most 60% abortions are done by women who already have children. Hopefully most of those were wanted and supported as such both financially and emotionally. But they didn't want more....for lots of reasons.

1/4 of American women have abortions at some point. One is free to not do so.

Worldwide, about 29% of all pregnancies are aborted.

https://www.parents.com/parenting/i-m-a ... -abortion/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:42 am https://www.foxnews.com/media/tim-scott ... nkful-here

In my life, I’ve found that most true racists and bigots tend to be self-styled ‘empathetic’ liberals. These ‘enlightened’ ivory tower types generally have a very low regard for people of other color and socio-economic status.

Janet Yellen should be fired effective this morning for her despicably racist comments. However you’ll notice that the FLP will come to her defense today, with soft explainers, vapid justifications, and indirect anti-Scott commentary. See the post right above this one to get what I’m saying.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Such a dishonest take by our gator troll.

Treasury Secretary is absolutely correct:

"In many cases abortions are of teenage women, particularly low income, and often Black, who aren’t in a position to be able to care for children, have unexpected pregnancies, and it deprives them of the ability, often, to continue their education to later participate in the workforce."

Every word and meaning is true.

She's talking about the consequences for labor force participation of the right to have an abortion, the far greater likelihood of poverty for women who don't continue their eduction than for those who do continue their education. This impact is most felt by those from low income households, yes "often black", whose future financial prospects can't be as easily helped by their affluent family's wealth...there is not such support available to those young women. And yes, institutionalized racism persists in our economy. Race continues to be a factor, not only poverty, though they are certainly intertwined.

To suggest that anything she said is "racist" tells us how MAGA crazy the hard right partisan world has become.

Sen. Scott's interruption was effective theater and resonant in a way that no other GOP Senator could have accomplished. Why no other GOP Senator? :roll:

Love the "In my life... the true racists and bigots... liberals" from our gator troll with the silver spoon...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:20 am Such a dishonest take by our gator troll.

"In many cases abortions are of teenage women, particularly low income, and often Black, who aren’t in a position to be able to care for children, have unexpected pregnancies, and it deprives them of the ability, often, to continue their education to later participate in the workforce."

She's talking about the consequences for labor force participation of the right to have an abortion, the far greater likelihood of poverty for women who don't continue their eduction than for those who do continue their education. This impact is most felt by those from low income households, yes "often black", whose future financial prospects can't be as easily helped by their affluent family's wealth...there is not such support available to those young women. And yes, institutionalized racism persists in our economy. Race continues to be a factor, not only poverty, though they are certainly intertwined.

To suggest that anything she said is "racist" tells us how MAGA crazy the hard right partisan world has become.

Sen. Scott's interruption was effective theater and resonant in a way that no other GOP Senator could have accomplished. Why no other GOP Senator? :roll:

Love the "In my life... the true racists and bigots... liberals" from our gator troll with the silver spoon...
I'm glad you can interpret what Ms Yellen was trying to say. What she is stumbling around trying to say is that poor black women should consider aborting their babies for the babies own good because their life would suck anyways. You can spin anything can't you MD? What Ms Yellen said was reprehensible and I was happy that Sen. Scott put her in his place. How dare a black man challenge an old white woman trying to tell him what is best for poor black moms. What would he know about growing up poor and black??? :roll:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:02 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:20 am Such a dishonest take by our gator troll.

I'm glad you can interpret what Ms Yellen was trying to say. What she is stumbling around trying to say is that poor black women should consider aborting their babies for the babies own good because their life would suck anyways. You can spin anything can't you MD? What Ms Yellen said was reprehensible and I was happy that Sen. Scott put her in his place. How dare a black man challenge an old white woman trying to tell him what is best for poor black moms. What would he know about growing up poor and black??? :roll:
Read her words, cradle, without all this twisted hateful spin.

Scott's theater was perfectly fine in my view.

But this nonsense of pretending that she really was saying something racist is just stupidly partisan and not something Scott would do (IMO).

She was perfectly clear in the words she actually said. It's not remotely close to this BS you're trying to put in her mouth.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

“Imagine being arrogant enough to tell a black man or woman that black people can't take care of their own children. Imagine looking him or her in the eye and telling him or her that they’d be better off dead.”

That’s Janet Yellen, who famously a year ago said America would suffer little to no inflation. This is a woman who has never had a job in her life (other than being an economist, which isn’t a job).
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:24 am

Statistically, however, most 60% abortions are done by women who already have children. Hopefully most of those were wanted and supported as such both financially and emotionally. But they didn't want more....for lots of reasons.

Ms Yellen is attempting to encourage young black women to abort their babies. Maybe if Senator Scotts mom had listened to Ms Yellen she would have aborted him because as you apparently agree with.. Sen Scott was just one more pathetic, useless black baby that for his own good should have been aborted. I would pay GOOD money to witness you grow the big enough balls to make your point to Senator Scotts face.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:25 am

But this nonsense of pretending that she really was saying something racist is just stupidly partisan and not something Scott would do (IMO).

She was perfectly clear in the words she actually said. It's not remotely close to this BS you're trying to put in her mouth.
I have read her words and yours. I understand WHAT Ms Yellen was rumbling, stumbling and bumbling trying to say. I'm more more disturbed by what YOU are trying to defend. I would pay big money for you to repeat your allegations to Senator Scotts face. Are your your balls that big or are you talking out of your ass? I already answered my own question, YOU WOULD NEVER SAY WHAT YOU SAID HERE to a black senators face.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:37 pm

I have read her words and yours. I understand WHAT Ms Yellen was rumbling, stumbling and bumbling trying to say. I'm more more disturbed by what YOU are trying to defend. I would pay big money for you to repeat your allegations to Senator Scotts face. Are your your balls that big or are you talking out of your ass? I already answered my own question, YOU WOULD NEVER SAY WHAT YOU SAID HERE to a black senators face.
What's my "allegation" that Scott would find offensive?
He knows he was using the theater of the moment to make his point...and I have zero issue with his point.
Of course I'd be willing to say that to his face.

And no, you obviously don't WANT to know what Yellen was saying, because you're insisting that she said something she ABSOLUTELY DID NOT SAY NOR IMPLY.

shove it, cradle.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:24 am

Ms Yellen is attempting to encourage young black women to abort their babies. Maybe if Senator Scotts mom had listened to Ms Yellen she would have aborted him because as you apparently agree with.. Sen Scott was just one more pathetic, useless black baby that for his own good should have been aborted. I would pay GOOD money to witness you grow the big enough balls to make your point to Senator Scotts face.
Bull hockey, cradle...not remotely close to what Yellen was saying.

Women decide to have babies and are prepared to take care of them, sacrifice to do so and they should have the right to make that choice for themselves, (or, alternatively, not have that baby and continue their education)...but then decide to abort the next baby because they can't handle the additional burden. Indeed, most abortions (about 60%) are in such situations of women who already have a child or more than one and don't want more...maybe because their spouse is abusive, maybe because their spouse has flown the coop, maybe because they realize they have no spouse and it's crushing them already. And they should have the right to make that choice as well.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Conservatives from 1600 to today: Let's make black people our property, keep them from being a full person or voting, lynch them when it's convenient, prevent them from getting an equal education or owning homes or businesses or having abortions and let's fight every change along the way and make things harder for them so we have it better.

Conservatives in 2022: Why are liberals so racist? They say black people have a hard time pulling themselves up by their bootstraps because of the color of their skin!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:39 pm Conservatives from 1600 to today: Let's make black people our property, keep them from being a full person or voting, lynch them when it's convenient, prevent them from getting an equal education or owning homes or businesses or having abortions and let's fight every change along the way and make things harder for them so we have it better.

Conservatives in 2022: Why are liberals so racist? They say black people have a hard time pulling themselves up by their bootstraps because of the color of their skin!
Black folks in 2022 sure as hell don't need Old White liberal men and women to help them. Too many of these folks are struggling BECAUSE of the efforts of liberal white America. Your only answer is to throw more money at poor folks and pat yourself on your backs for your compassion. You folks really are pathetic. You hand out just enough crumbs to make yourself look like heroes. The greatest success story for any person who is struggling financially and economically is the freedom you enjoy when you don't need crumbs from the government to survive just barely from month to month. That does not mean you don't help people in need. It should be made clear that if you are able bodied that help does not last forever.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:36 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:39 pm Conservatives from 1600 to today: Let's make black people our property, keep them from being a full person or voting, lynch them when it's convenient, prevent them from getting an equal education or owning homes or businesses or having abortions and let's fight every change along the way and make things harder for them so we have it better.

Black folks in 2022 sure as hell don't need Old White liberal men and women to help them. Too many of these folks are struggling BECAUSE of the efforts of liberal white America. Your only answer is to throw more money at poor folks and pat yourself on your backs for your compassion. You folks really are pathetic. You hand out just enough crumbs to make yourself look like heroes. The greatest success story for any person who is struggling financially and economically is the freedom you enjoy when you don't need crumbs from the government to survive just barely from month to month. That does not mean you don't help people in need. It should be made clear that if you are able bodied that help does not last forever.
Why do you find it necessary to include “old”, “fat” or “liberal” as adjectives? It’s silly. Pointless. Value destructive to whatever point you think you are making. Before even bothering with the substance.

And of course this is wildly conflating socioeconomic struggles with racial struggles.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:04 am

Why do you find it necessary to include “old”, “fat” or “liberal” as adjectives? It’s silly. Pointless. Value destructive to whatever point you think you are making. Before even bothering with the substance.

And of course this is wildly conflating socioeconomic struggles with racial struggles.
Yes. +1.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:10 am

Yes. +1.

Cradle is correct. Liberals have done more to harm blacks than any group out there. Look at Baltimore. Look at everywhere. And then listen to how liberals speak of blacks.

Janet Yellens comments that ‘it’s preferable for black parents to abort their children than raise them’ is the chefs kiss demonstration how a liberal thinks of black people. Despicable. Is todays liberal that far off of Margaret Sanger’s original thesis?

But a liberal can’t even see any of that. Instead, they’re outraged that’s how normal people heard those comments by Yellen. Liberals have zero self-awareness of their innate bigotry.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I have read them MD. I know what she was TRYING to say. The sad fact is except for you and Ms Yellen, the rest of the world understands she misspoke terribly. I'm sure Ms Yellen is happy to have you on her side. I'm unhappy that you, being the social justice warrior you claim to be, had to insult and denigrate a black republican to make your point. FTR, if she HAD been perfectly clear, she would not have to keep explaining to the world what she was trying to say. I guess you have your own interpretation of what perfectly clear means? :roll:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:48 am

I have read them MD. I know what she was TRYING to say. The sad fact is except for you and Ms Yellen, the rest of the world understands she misspoke terribly. I'm sure Ms Yellen is happy to have you on her side. I'm unhappy that you, being the social justice warrior you claim to be, had to insult and denigrate a black republican to make your point. FTR, if she HAD been perfectly clear, she would not have to keep explaining to the world what she was trying to say. I guess you have your own interpretation of what perfectly clear means? :roll:
BS, exactly where and how did I "insult and denigrate" Senator Scott?

Show me. "theater"???

You're making sh-t up, cradle.

Yellen's words are clear as a bell, you and other right wing nut jobs are trying put words and meaning in her mouth that she never said and never intended to be understood that way.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:10 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:10 am

Yes. +1.

Cradle is correct. Liberals have done more to harm blacks than any group out there. Look at Baltimore. Look at everywhere. And then listen to how liberals speak of blacks.

Janet Yellens comments that ‘it’s preferable for black parents to abort their children than raise them’ is the chefs kiss demonstration how a liberal thinks of black people. Despicable. Is todays liberal that far off of Margaret Sanger’s original thesis?

But a liberal can’t even see any of that. Instead, they’re outraged that’s how normal people heard those comments by Yellen. Liberals have zero self-awareness of their innate bigotry.
LIAR. Troll.

Return to “POLITICS”