THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Post another cat picture, DMac.
DMac

Post by DMac »

pg. ct.
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

Zinn blistered a couple of time and room shots but I noticed that he passed off and set picks in several other instances. Is this by design or his he still developing the ability to stick on the run at this level? He ended up taking five shots and I noticed that UVA didn't pole him 6 on 6. Possibly the staff feels his current role is where he helps the team the most with a larger offensive presence in the future.
DocBarrister

Yes, I Once Defiled Homewood Field

Post by DocBarrister »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:24 pm
JJ_Lax wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 pm In case anyone is interested, Coach Pietramala was featured in a long and in-depth interview at Varsity Sports Network Lax Cast. First episode of Season 2.

https://varsitysportsnetwork.com/vsn-la ... DJBTy3m-Ak
almost two hours? geez, know your audience .

pg ct.
Great discussion with Coach Petro. He gave a shout out to fellow greats Pat McCabe and Brody Merrill.

Best part was Petro speaking about his reverence for Homewood Field and how his current players don’t appreciate (yet) the honor of just practicing on that sacred ground.

Good thing that Coach Petro doesn’t know that I defiled Homewood Field one afternoon decades ago when I was an undergraduate intramural lax player trying to improve my defensive play. :shock:

My friend (a senior) agreed to practice with me on an empty Homewood Field. He got so flustered with my defensive incompetence (I kept getting turned and twisted like a hyperactive Philadelphia pretzel) that he quit after five minutes.

Yes, Le DocBarrister once played lacrosse on legendary Homewood Field!

Just don’t tell Coach Petro .... :?

DocBarrister (defiled sacred ground) 8-)
Last edited by DocBarrister on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:38 pm Post another cat picture, DMac.
DMac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:46 pm Image

pg. ct.
Too sexy for my cat
Too sexy for my cat
Poor p***y
Poor p***y cat
I'm too sexy for my love
Too sexy for my love

DocBarrister (too sexy for my cat) 8-)
@DocBarrister
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

Hey DMac, Can you post one without a litter box. At least Wombat's cat pictures had variety. :lol:
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

I miss the Bat Signal.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Here ya go, D'ELax, a little variety.
Well, not really little, I guess.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

For the people whining about the tough academic standards that prevent kids from getting into homewood as why we can't win games anymore here's wilkins dismuke's youtube recruiting video where he lists that he has a 2.9 gpa and is ranked 269/400 in his graduating hs class and rock canyon hs I'm guessing is not bronx science. There are kids with 3.9s ranked 369/400 in their class who don't get into hopkins-he did and to his credit never missed a game due to academics. Find another excuse and football btw has had no trouble winning at the d3 level in the old lacrosse lockerrooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8JYJU5ZTpU
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:38 am Here ya go, D'ELax, a little variety.
Nice - a picture with a kitty and 2 puppies. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

laxpert wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:49 pm Zinn blistered a couple of time and room shots but I noticed that he passed off and set picks in several other instances. Is this by design or his he still developing the ability to stick on the run at this level? He ended up taking five shots and I noticed that UVA didn't pole him 6 on 6. Possibly the staff feels his current role is where he helps the team the most with a larger offensive presence in the future.
I don't know if he's ready to dodge to score at this level or not—he hasn't been given the chance to do so. But, hey, here's a novel idea: How about they adjust the offense to suit the players in it? How about they work to get Zinn more open looks on the right wing? If he connects on a few of those, the defense has to start pressing out on him, suddenly there's a little more room for Marr/Smith/Epstein/Williams to finish inside. And putting him over there more balances out the field, putting less of the D's emphasis on the left side where they can double Williams easily and cramp out Marr.

In the span of a few minutes he hit the net as many times as DeSimone has all season. His 2 "time and room" goals against Virginia were as many as the rest of the midfield combined—DeSimone (1), Keogh (1), Baskin (0), Smith (0), Concannon (0), Stagnitta (0). Instead of trying out something different that might work, might not, they're doubling and tripling down on a strategy that doesn't fit the current personnel and, unsurprisingly, hasn't worked very well. You have no good dodgers at the midfield, yet so many sets still start with one of the munchkin middies dodging. Baskin had some success inverting against a shortie against Princeton. Outside of that I am struggling to think of this strategy bearing fruit. Seems like the rest of our goals are either in transition or just the result of Epstein making a desperate play toward the end of the shot clock.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

So, what are the Vegas odds on tomorrow’s game?
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Massey has JHU -1.5
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

As an outsider who has watched both teams play the past two weeks, I think Hopkins should win by at least 3-5 goals.

Michigan has a crazy talented attack unit with Clay, Mack and Buckanavage, but they don't have anybody to take face-offs and their defense is extremely porous. Hopkins should be able to win 70-80% of the draws and that will ultimately doom the Wolverines.

Not sure if Brent Noseworthy is back from injury. But having him back on the field with Decker Curran and Avery Myers might make a slight difference. But not enough. My $.02

I apologize that I didn't have a cat photo to add to this post.
Last edited by Henpecked on Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 am
what cat? :D
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 am
Man, I was looking to see what you would post. Almost exactly as I expected! You would have liked it even better if there were two glasses of whiskey being balanced!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Reading is fundamental.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 am For the people whining about the tough academic standards that prevent kids from getting into homewood as why we can't win games anymore here's wilkins dismuke's youtube recruiting video where he lists that he has a 2.9 gpa and is ranked 269/400 in his graduating hs class
This is funny. Any non athletes that have applied and were rejected by Hopkins will be fuming reading this. :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

I love #42 for Michigans game. (I think it's #42) Not afraid to attack the middle of the field and get beat up.....drawing penalties. Joel Tinney had bouts of that style of play. Not seeing Hopkins winning this game.

Honey, I shrunk the middies alley dodges are a thing of ugly.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

flalax22 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:29 pm
jhu06 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 am For the people whining about the tough academic standards that prevent kids from getting into homewood as why we can't win games anymore here's wilkins dismuke's youtube recruiting video where he lists that he has a 2.9 gpa and is ranked 269/400 in his graduating hs class
This is funny. Any non athletes that have applied and were rejected by Hopkins will be fuming reading this. :lol:
HOw so? If they are too stupid to realize that Hopkins, and every other single college, can admit whomever they want, shame on them and get over it.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”