2022 D1 Selection Committee

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ICGrad

Re: 2022 D1 Selection Committe

Post by ICGrad »

rasheed wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:09 pm Since 2000 an ACC school has won 14 NCAA National Championships.
What now?

Ah, you're claiming titles won by Syracuse before they were in the ACC. Cute.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

I was wrong - the sixth team the committee debated was actually Virginia, not Cornell. Woodruff's more detailed breakdown is on Patrick Stevens's twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/D1scourse/status/15 ... 1391588353

Random note: I noticed Dickie V of all people weighing.

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/1523474049405358081

Am I allowed to say the blind leading the blind?
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

suitcase10 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:53 pm Lots of bravado.
ND is -2.5 againt Harvard or brown
ND is favored against EVERY team in field
Other than Terps . Maybe pickem with Hoyas.

Wishful thinking is great and cheering for your team is great. But Irish are a top 3 team today , anyone betting knows that.
Who did ND beat to get this lofty "top 3" status? Syracuse? Duke? Detroit Mercy? Marquette? Yes they won impressively down the stretch, but they beat up on teams that lost to tourney teams.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

nyjay wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:25 pm Shocking stuff. One ACC team, ONE, in the tourney. RPI needs to be reworked, puts too much weight on OOC wins and then allows that advantage to self-propagate (seems like you count the OOC wins once then count them over and over again in looking at the quality of the conference games).
RPI takes no account of which games are conference and which are out of conference. It treats all games equally.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Wishful thinking is great and cheering for your team is great. But Irish are a top 3 team today , anyone betting knows that.
Can you point me in the direction of these bettorsI’d like to make a few wagers on the upcoming Notre Dame games.

Post by 1766 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:33 pm
1766 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:48 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:10 pm
1766 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:01 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:51 pm
1766 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:33 pm
Wheels wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:13 pm So, yeah, Dano is a hall of fame coach; but is there a worse coached team than this Duke team? It's criminal how they've underperformed relative to their talent. Zero excuses.
Dino is very highly regarded and he is definitely a players coach. All that talent though and you have start to question his strategic coaching. If his team doesn't make the tournament, with all of that talent, it would be fair to ask some questions. Especially when the acc is having a seemingly down year.
looking like we won't have to ask questions, then.
You think they are a lock for the NCAA bid? That would be an outlier opinion. We will see tomorrow. No doubt they will be sweating it out.
lock? 90+%.
i have duke, you have tosu.
You got my venmo bruh? 1 acc team? Ouch!
venmo for what?

acc conference had a rough night. there's one team in the entire nc$$ i'm happy to see miss the tourney, they're in the acc and it looks like they did.

you can be a conference homer if you'd like, don't make everybody be one.
The imaginary bet you lost. You seemed quite sure of yourself. Almost arrogant. Take the L and move on.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

:lol: :lol:

Post by 1766 »

ND is the best team not in the tournament. That's about it.

They just didn't get it done. You can't be in the tournament when you can't beat any other tournament teams unless you have a conference with an AQ. Perhaps the Acc should get an associate member and have a real conference tournament like everyone else does.

The Ivy did what the Acc typically does. The cries of woe are weak.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

1766 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:36 am
Wheels wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:13 pm So, yeah, Dano is a hall of fame coach; but is there a worse coached team than this Duke team? It's criminal how they've underperformed relative to their talent. Zero excuses.
Dino is very highly regarded and he is definitely a players coach. All that talent though and you have start to question his strategic coaching. If his team doesn't make the tournament, with all of that talent, it would be fair to ask some questions. Especially when the acc is having a seemingly down year.
You think they are a lock for the NCAA bid? That would be an outlier opinion. We will see tomorrow. No doubt they will be sweating it out.
lock? 90+%.
venmo for what?

acc conference had a rough night. there's one team in the entire nc$$ i'm happy to see miss the tourney, they're in the acc and it looks like they did.

The imaginary bet you lost. You seemed quite sure of yourself. Almost arrogant. Take the L and move on.
ygfkm. you my guy were the one that said team x was in. and now, you come on saying you won a bet and i owe you for some imaginary bet in your mind you weren't ever willing to make.

projecting on the arrogance. stay classy.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:19 am I was wrong - the sixth team the committee debated was actually Virginia, not Cornell. Woodruff's more detailed breakdown is on Patrick Stevens's twitter feed.

Dickie can only see out of one eye!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Re: 2022 NCAA Mens LAX tournament

Post by tech37 »

I know, I know, it's mentioned every year...but it's time to expand the at-large teams to four more.

That would have allowed Army, Jax, ND, and Duke to participate making for a more interesting and talent-represented tournament for certain.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NCAA inserting themselves with a correction? Eliminating as many schools as they can that are the benefactors of extra year player shuffling due to cv-19 eligibility? In the same breath, having to acknowledge the teams that are shoo-ins.

Someone here mentioned it, I wonder if we'll continue to see the (traditional) top programs schedule dangerous/trap OOC games moving forward...I hope so.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
AOD

Post by AOD »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:13 pm
AOD wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:08 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:35 pm

we're sorry......Maryland has beaten how many teams playing (possibly) next weekend ? Not smelling much taste, in the Terps OCC bland schedule.

Beat UAlbany.....a team trounced by AE winner Vermont. neato. Throw in a sprigg of Patriot league expired Loyola and a pinch of Princeton pepper....and BLAND.....all you got for out of conference flavoring ? CAA ? NEC ? Albert Stryrons Store? WHo won the Big East match up, Gtown or Maryland.

rpi is pathetic....especially with the bland seasoning and lack of playing , or NOT playing.....half of Div. 1 leagues....at all.

Patriot League championship game a great watch. Wonder how Hopkins would do against BU :lol:
Love the Ocracoke reference.
Guess they don’t treat the “come-here’s” too well…

“Avoid this tourist trap!
Review of Styron's General Store
Reviewed 8 August 2013
My family stopped by this store while visiting Ocracoke, and all I have to say is stay away. The owner and employee were so rude, they almost made my son cry. We have never been treated so badly by someone in any kind of store before. I could not believe the way they talked to us. It almost ruined our day in Ocracoke. Don't let it ruin yours.”

If you’ve got the toime, don’t spend doime…
Didn't not "don't". Closed a few years ago.
tech37

Re: 2022 NCAA Mens LAX tournament

Post by tech37 »

10stone5 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:26 am Just last year,

all 5 ACC teams in the NCAAs.

Oh and,
2019, 4 ACCs,
2018, 4 ACCs.

There isn’t going to be much sympathy here,
with the exception of some for ND.

Maybe this is the push for something other than RPI.
Not sure you're replying to my post or not. If so, personally I think it's great that that many Ivies made it in.

Specifically, I do have sympathy for an outstanding player like Nictern.
Last edited by tech37 on Mon May 09, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Shocker Woodruff committee chair went to PENN. How many at Harvard would start at Notre Dame ? ZERO. And, from a viewer standpoint these matchups are a colossal bore !
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:47 am
1766 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:36 am
lock? 90+%.
venmo for what?

ygfkm. you my guy were the one that said team x was in. and now, you come on saying you won a bet and i owe you for some imaginary bet in your mind you weren't ever willing to make.

projecting on the arrogance. stay classy.
Les Claypool said it best

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yRvdsbeAk
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
RedIvy

Post by RedIvy »

Watching many games this year I would agree that ND is a top team and I would have put them in over Harvard and TOSU. But if I look only at data (which I think is the more fair view) I do understand the logic. But even with that I would have likely put ND in over Harvard. I think the seedlings and 5 ivy teams make sense based on 2022 resumes. The vast majority of those polling on fanlax would have left Duke out so I don’t think this is controversial at all.

This is a wake up call for the ACC, the luxury of requiring teams to come to them is over. Get on a bus and travel north in February and March and play in something other than the climate controlled Carrier Dome (or live with the consequences).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:56 am
MoralTerpitude wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:19 am I was wrong - the sixth team the committee debated was actually Virginia, not Cornell. Woodruff's more detailed breakdown is on Patrick Stevens's twitter feed.

Dickie can only see out of one eye!
Good enough to be king for Sam Rockwell

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HxaTb4GdX18
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedIvy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:38 am Watching many games this year I would agree that ND is a top team and I would have put them in over Harvard and TOSU. But if I look only at data (which I think is the more fair view) I do understand the logic. But even with that I would have likely put ND in over Harvard. I think the seedlings and 5 ivy teams make sense based on 2022 resumes. The vast majority of those polling on fanlax would have left Duke out so I don’t think this is controversial at all.

This is a wake up call for the ACC, the luxury of requiring teams to come to them is over. Get on a bus and travel north in February and March and play in something other than the climate controlled Carrier Dome (or live with the consequences).
I sort of agree but at the same time it’s kinda nice to get out of CNY, NE, Tri State in late Feb, early March for a day or two.
suitcase10

Post by suitcase10 »

RedIvy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:38 am Watching many games this year I would agree that ND is a top team and I would have put them in over Harvard and TOSU. But if I look only at data (which I think is the more fair view) I do understand the logic. But even with that I would have likely put ND in over Harvard. I think the seedlings and 5 ivy teams make sense based on 2022 resumes. The vast majority of those polling on fanlax would have left Duke out so I don’t think this is controversial at all.

Obviously that comment is directed at Cuse. No one travels like ND

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”