Bracketology - Always a sign The Tournament is near

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Bracketology - Always a sign The Tournament is near

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:51 pm Here tis. The last bit of fodder before the Selection Show makes all the dance cards official.

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... ith-debate
sad
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:07 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:51 pm Here tis. The last bit of fodder before the Selection Show makes all the dance cards official.

sad
Doc, I couldn't help but chuckle watching this scene from Apocalypse Now in relation to how the Committee makes decisions for seeds and bubble teams. Dennis Hopper would have been great as an NCAA committee public relations guy. 😂

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Mon May 09, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:30 pm As I told my two daughters yesterday. Winning a conference championship (in their cases) or getting an NCAA bid is what it is all about. It's why they put in the hours, sacrifices, ups/downs, sweat, pain, etc. Not all players (actually not most players) in DI-DIII get that opportunity. So, while I want my little princesses to host and move on to the elite 8, just getting to the dance is tremendous. Don't take it for granted and enjoy the ride for as long as you can.

I remain hopeful that both Loyola and York will get hosting seeds, but I need to remind myself that it doesn't matter. It will be what it is, and the ride is what is important.

Go Hounds! Go Spartans!
So well said Doc! It looks like my D is getting in but I’ll believe it when I see it tonight at 9. In their case, it’s something to build on for next year when they hopefully don’t get bit by the injury bug again. I don’t care what anyone says, I’m extremely happy for her that she’s going to get a chance to go to the dance.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

sad
It will be interesting to see how close they are to the actual selections, seeds, etc. I wonder if any of this is actual leaked information?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:22 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:30 pm As I told my two daughters yesterday. Winning a conference championship (in their cases) or getting an NCAA bid is what it is all about. It's why they put in the hours, sacrifices, ups/downs, sweat, pain, etc. Not all players (actually not most players) in DI-DIII get that opportunity. So, while I want my little princesses to host and move on to the elite 8, just getting to the dance is tremendous. Don't take it for granted and enjoy the ride for as long as you can.

I remain hopeful that both Loyola and York will get hosting seeds, but I need to remind myself that it doesn't matter. It will be what it is, and the ride is what is important.

Go Hounds! Go Spartans!
So well said Doc! It looks like my D is getting in but I’ll believe it when I see it tonight at 9. In their case, it’s something to build on for next year when they hopefully don’t get bit by the injury bug again. I don’t care what anyone says, I’m extremely happy for her that she’s going to get a chance to go to the dance.
I hope she gets in. I think I'll probably fall asleep around 8:30.... :oops:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

sad
Rutgers #6?
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:34 pm

sad
Rutgers #6?
It could be identical to last year BC/Rutgers
UNC/ SB - (with loyola twist) either way 1 seed gets tougher path…again. Why?
OuttaNowhereWregget

sad
Rutgers #6?
Makes no sense to me either. Common sense is flushed for the math guff. Get Dennis Hopper in here to explain it. 🙄
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

sad
It will be interesting to see what the committee does. The final committee bracket will look different, but Mr. Fallis does a good job of getting into the committee's head and I do not mean that in a good way as the committee always has a bunch of head scratchers. At least he has Loyola seeded #9 going against #8 SB. Meanwhile, he has Duke seeded #10 going to play #7 Florida. Reality is that JMU has a much better SOS, RPI, and quality win than Duke. Princeton also gets jumped by Duke and has to go to #3 seed BC. Duke should be headed to play in a #5 seed pod or #4 seed pod. But, Criteria #10 for the selection committee is - do everything possible to setup pods to favor ACC teams getting to the 3rd round and Criteria #11 is - Duke automatically gets a 2-8 slot bump in their seeding.

Travesty if Michigan gets in over Ohio State, IMO - I have no doubt it happens, but Michigan collapsed at the end of the season and Ohio State just beat Michigan head to head as part of Michigan's 1-5 finish to the season. B1G getting 5 of 7 teams seems a bit off.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Lax247 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:42 pm

sad
Rutgers #6?
It could be identical to last year BC/Rutgers
UNC/ SB - (with loyola twist) either way 1 seed gets tougher path…again. Why?
I am not sure #1 ends up with the toughest path this year. UNC gets a much easier 2nd round game than they got last year. Hard to get a read on SB as they have only played anyone good over the last month and one could argue that they played the tough part of their schedule between 2/20 and 3/10.
crazyhorse

Post by crazyhorse »

IL came out with theirs. I like their seeds better: Same top 5 then Loyola 6,SB 7, Florida 8.
After today's B10 final I'm going with
UNC
Md
BC
NW
Cuse
SB
Loy
Fla
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

More sensible than the magazine
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:45 pm
100% agree
OuttaNowhereWregget

Which makes me wonder how much of the math they’re ignoring that the committee will use.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

It is actually lazy work and poorly done at that. UVA vs. JMU in first round in UNC pod? UVA and JMU already played this season - so, that it is already blown to heck. Jenny Levy would rightfully go on the warpath if the committee put JMU in her pod for the 2nd straight year.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Hopefully the women's committee can do better than the men's......
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:26 pm

Go Hounds! Go Spartans!
Wake up!!!
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

The sentimental side of me is happy for JHU and Coach Tucker for getting a spot and also for the Tigers and Coach Sailer for having luck on their side with the Cuse graduation clash to result in her being able to lead them on their home field another time.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:39 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:26 pm

Go Hounds! Go Spartans!
Wake up!!!
I fell asleep and only found out the bracket this morning. I figured, I cant do anything about it....it will be what it is

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”