D1 Mens Lacrosse
Jlax92

2022 NCAA Mens LAX tournament

Post by Jlax92 »

Here we go
Jlax92

Re: 2022 NCAA Mens LAX tournament

Post by Jlax92 »

Just a few opening thoughts; I will flesh out my ideas this week.
- ESPN production was some of the worst I’ve ever seen and it’s been awful over the years. Bad direction, screens weren’t working or on cue, no video packages or wrong video packages.
- Cotter, Quint and Carc were cringe worthy. Jay needs to work out. He is a becoming a huge boob. Would it kill him to wear a loafer or anything but sneakers ?
- ESPN clearly pulls hard for Norte dame and the acc but the committee seems pretty comfortable with their new friends at the Ivy League, whose pockets are deeper, the lax much better and the ivy so much more ivyer than the ACC or anywhere else on the planet for that matter
-Carc on ND was beside himself like telling him that they just sold out of breadsticks at the Bristol Olive Garden
- Maryland will clash with Virginia in the quarters
- was it just me or was it weird that they had a woman from the committee talk about the mens committee and a man talk about the womens tournament?
- can’t believe Harvard is in. Virginia unranked ?! Can’t wait for Penn vs Richmond
MDralphie

Post by MDralphie »

Agree with all Jlax92. One final addition to complete the mess tonight, have Anish blabbering his jibberish. Such a good voice with absolutely no clue
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

They will complain the whole time about what happened to the acc
BallBucket

Post by BallBucket »

Sympathy picks for the Ivy league, they didn't have a season last year.
Jlax92

Post by Jlax92 »

BallBucket wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:46 pm Sympathy picks for the Ivy league, they didn't have a season last year.
That’s actually an interesting point. Thanks
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Jlax92 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:29 pm Just a few opening thoughts; I will flesh out my ideas this week.
- ESPN production was some of the worst I’ve ever seen and it’s been awful over the years. Bad direction, screens weren’t working or on cue, no video packages or wrong video packages.
- Cotter, Quint and Carc were cringe worthy. Jay needs to work out. He is a becoming a huge boob. Would it kill him to wear a loafer or anything but sneakers ?
- ESPN clearly pulls hard for Norte dame and the acc but the committee seems pretty comfortable with their new friends at the Ivy League, whose pockets are deeper, the lax much better and the ivy so much more ivyer than the ACC or anywhere else on the planet for that matter
-Carc on ND was beside himself like telling him that they just sold out of breadsticks at the Bristol Olive Garden
- was it just me or was it weird that they had a woman from the committee talk about the mens committee and a man talk about the womens tournament?
- can’t believe Harvard is in. Virginia unranked ?! Can’t wait for Penn vs Richmond
If you’re going with Darden Restaurant metaphors I’d swap the Olive Garden Breadsticks for this crack rolls they give you at Red Lobster…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:51 pm
Jlax92 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:29 pm Just a few opening thoughts; I will flesh out my ideas this week.
If you’re going with Darden Restaurant metaphors I’d swap the Olive Garden Breadsticks for this crack rolls they give you at Red Lobster…
Those Cheddar Bay biscuits’ll pack on the pounds just looking at them.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Jlax92

Post by Jlax92 »

It’s sort of sad that Syracuse hasn’t produced any other male lacrosse on air talent considering they have one of the best schools for Communications and they have produced a couple of decent players over the years…
I have seen Ryan Powell do color and it wasn’t great but I’m glad that make a wish came through for him
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

BallBucket wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:46 pm Sympathy picks for the Ivy league, they didn't have a season last year.
No
Lager

Post by Lager »

The reality is the ivy league got it done on the field while the ACC did not. Princeton over rutgers/gtown, cornell over Ohio st, Penn over Duke. Etc etc. The ivy has been competing well with the ACC for years now. Look no further than 2018. Cuse is undefeated ACC Champs, yet they get absolutely whacked by cornell in the regular season, and then lose to Cornell again in the tournament despite the fact they locked off Jeff teat and threw cornells offense out of whack. Then duke gets bulldozed by yale in the national championship game in a game that was not as close as the final score would suggest. ACC fans will point to moments/games where the ACC's talent/explosiveness is on full display, but year after year the ACC drops big games to other conferences.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

What was the goal of the committee? Not to sell tickets. These matchups are a bore. Harvard - Rutgers, Ohio St - Cornell. Wake me up when they are over.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

On a side note, was certainly not impressed with the committee chair lady - she seemed to have a don't give a sh*t what you all we think - we seeded top 8 and placed all the others per our process so go eff you all.

Bring back Tony Seaman who invents new rules as he is speaking to the press for the committee basically saying we took care of our buddy coaches with these picks and to hell with RPI. Quality losses do count for something :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First time in a while for no tournament with Tierney, Dano, Corrigan and Breschi.

Somebody donate a valium for Carc......or get him a New Haven apizza to soothe his bad vibes about Notre Dame. At least, he wasn't shilling for including the Orange. :lol:
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Notre Dame press conference 9:30am to announce move to NAIA...
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Just last year,

all 5 ACC teams in the NCAAs.

Oh and,
2019, 4 ACCs,
2018, 4 ACCs.

There isn’t going to be much sympathy here,
with the exception of some for ND.

Maybe this is the push for something other than RPI.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

10stone5 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:26 am

Maybe this is the push for something other than RPI.
winning percentage?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

tech37 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:06 am I know, I know, it's mentioned every year...but it's time to expand the at-large teams to four more.

That would have allowed Army, Jax, ND, and Duke to participate making for a more interesting and talent-represented tournament for certain.
It's also tyme to STOP embarassing our game........and removing the "mid week"...you are NOT worthy, from our woke leaders, running our woke institutions.

Deleware? You win the CAA, clearly an "unworthy" league. Certainly NEVER more than a "one" bid, like all the other AQ leagues. Like the Ivy.

Princeton, won NO Ivy league AQ games this season.....yet, are so good, they get the "mid-week" game bye........makes sense, for a team, that couldn't even qualify for the Ivy League tournament.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nope
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Kismet wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:33 am On a side note, was certainly not impressed with the committee chair lady - she seemed to have a don't give a sh*t what you all we think - we seeded top 8 and placed all the others per our process so go eff you all. :
Exactly why I thought she was terrific. She listened to Carc's and Quint's petulant rants and told 'em why Duke and Notre Dame didn't earn a bid on the field. Wins and losses determine your resume, not how good Carc thinks you looked nor how many blue-chippers are on your roster. About time the committee looked behind the numbers to consider whom you beat and to whom you lost.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Gobigred wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:24 am
Kismet wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:33 am On a side note, was certainly not impressed with the committee chair lady - she seemed to have a don't give a sh*t what you all we think - we seeded top 8 and placed all the others per our process so go eff you all. :
Exactly why I thought she was terrific. She listened to Carc's and Quint's petulant rants and told 'em why Duke and Notre Dame didn't earn a bid on the field. Wins and losses determine your resume, not how good Carc thinks you looked nor how many blue-chippers are on your roster. About time the committee looked behind the numbers to consider whom you beat and to whom you lost.
You mean you don't miss Tony Seaman talking about "quality losses" - a criteria he made up as he spoke? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”