Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Homer wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:20 am
Henpecked wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:27 am Lots of Jets fans still think it’s 1969. #DelusionalFanBase :lol:
I've never understood the theory that fans of bad teams are people who delusionally believe the team is actually good. Like, my general sense of Jets fans is the opposite. These poor souls are obligated through no fault of their own to watch 17 Jets games a year. I don't think they've somehow missed the part where the Jets are terrible.

Showing up to awaken them -- or Hopkins fans, or fans of any team enduring a long decline or losing streak -- from their delusions is like thinking you're doing a public service by going into prisons to explain to the inmates that the food there tastes bad. We know that! We eat this $#*t three times a day!
Goes down better w jelly or syrup.

I mean those 3 silver dollar pancakes of course.

What is lost is that it takes much more of a commitment to stay with a less successful team than one that has success. Completely lost on some.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun May 08, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:28 am
Homer wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:20 am
Henpecked wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:27 am Lots of Jets fans still think it’s 1969. #DelusionalFanBase :lol:
I've never understood the theory that fans of bad teams are people who delusionally believe the team is actually good. Like, my general sense of Jets fans is the opposite. These poor souls are obligated through no fault of their own to watch 17 Jets games a year. I don't think they've somehow missed the part where the Jets are terrible.

Showing up to awaken them -- or Hopkins fans, or fans of any team enduring a long decline or losing streak -- from their delusions is like thinking you're doing a public service by going into prisons to explain to the inmates that the food there tastes bad. We know that! We eat this $#*t three times a day!
How’s down better w jelly or syrup.

I mean those 3 silver dollar pancakes of course.

What is lost is that it takes much more of a commitment to stay with a less successful team than one that has success. Completely lost on some.
Very much so and I am being dead serious now. I go into every Jet game wanting so badly to win but I know that our chances of winning any game is painfully low, but when we do occasionally win, it's a great feeling.

I always go back to Cornell 76, 77, 78 when the thought of actually losing a game was incomprehensible, and when we did finally lose game #43, in the 78 final, we Cornell fans didn't have a clue how to react as we just never lost.

The dichotomy between following a winning organization and a losing one is something for a PHD in psychology to study.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Last edited by joewillie78 on Sun May 08, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:45 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:27 pm One of the top offensive guys in the portal (not Dordevic) is reportedly deciding between Hopkins, another Big Ten school, and an ACC school. We'll see what happens. Could decide to go elsewhere but the Jays are in the mix. He has no connection to Baltimore that I know of.

Ruffled is on the money as usual with some measured, nuanced sanity. Trolls come here to troll and then clutch their pearls when someone treats them as such. It'd be kind of funny if it weren't so pathetic. Just nothing better to do.
Completely wild, speculative guess:

Austin Madronic, Harvard attackman from Canada with box lacrosse experience?

I think he has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

DocBarrister
Connections to Milliman. Deco’d from Cornell when PM got the HC gig. Interesting dynamics
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

joewillie78 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:22 am
HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:07 am
ICGrad wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:01 am
HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:47 am You just compare a team that's won one playoff game in 8 years to an NFL team that's made 4 straight AFC championships winning two of those including a Super Bowl title? LOL.

Delaware wasn't much better attendance-wise, btw. Only averaged 830 fans per game (worse than CAA team Fairfield), which is pathetic for a school so close to the Maryland/Philly lacrosse hotbeds. Another program nobody cares about. We've won a playoff game this century, something the Hens have yet to do. So if we're losers for following Hopkins then what does that make you? You're following a team that literally hasn't won a game in the NCAA tournament since Ricky Martin's "Livin La Vida Loca" was topping the charts.
Jesus, you need to lighten up, Francis. I mean, damn...

Relax. Go take a bath. Call your mom and tell her you miss her. Have a beer. Something. Anything.

You've lost all perspective, dude.
My man parachuted in out of nowhere and called Hopkins fans "delusional losers" for caring about their team. If you come here to troll, you're going to get treated as one. Not sure why that's a shock. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
And he had the audacity to call us Jet Fans
Delusional losers. What the hell? We just won the Super Bowl 53 years ago and are on a bit of a slide right now , but we won 4 games last year and were competitive in at least 2 other games. Based on the rate of success for the Jets lately, we only have to wait until 2075 for our next championship. Things are looking up at 1 Jets drive.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I completely agree with this.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Henpecked wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:27 am
Lots of Jets fans still think it’s 1969.

#DelusionalFanBase

:lol:
Man,

things were happening in Queens, then,
F9710D21-2C23-4B3F-AF5C-09F2F7E2A98A.jpeg
F9710D21-2C23-4B3F-AF5C-09F2F7E2A98A.jpeg (62.14 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:35 pm

#DelusionalFanBase

Man,

The best pure passer ever. His release was pure art. 53 years and counting Joe.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Post by 1766 »

jhu06 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:10 pm
1766 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:22 pm I've never heard anyone recently make a case that Baltimore isn't a decaying crime ridden city. Including family members and friends that live there.

It's one of the most dangerous cities in the entire country. Just look at the data. And that's what gets reported. I'm not sure why anyone would even argue this.
charles village is perfectly fine according to the hundreds of mica, towson, goucher, loyola, and other coeds who frolic in the wild on the weekend seeking libations and company.
Considering people have gotten shot on Towson's campus, the possibilities of getting car jacked probably seem safer.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/04/us/towso ... index.html
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:31 pm
ICGrad wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:29 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:17 pm As for the mention of the state of Baltimore city and its relationship with recruiting at the end of the day I think that can be applied as globally to every recruiting situation as the notion that "everyone on Earth wants to go to big football U".
Does anyone actually say this or believe it? I've never heard it (and I did my graduate work at a big football school).

Anyway, we're at 5 pages; at this rate, by the end of the weekend this Hopkins 2023 thread will have more pages than the Delaware Blue Hens 2022 thread (which stands at 10 pages, in case you're wondering).
Give it a week or two and we'll have more pages than there are Cornell lacrosse fans in the world.
This says more about the tremendous amount of losers following a terrible team. It’s like the NY Jets fan page outnumbering the KC Chiefs and bragging about it. Lots of Jets fans still think it’s 1969. #DelusionalFanBase :lol:
You obviously don’t know a single Jets fan. No one understands how bad of a franchise the Jets are more than Jets fans themselves.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

1766 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:24 pm
1766 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:22 pm I've never heard anyone recently make a case that Baltimore isn't a decaying crime ridden city. Including family members and friends that live there.

It's one of the most dangerous cities in the entire country. Just look at the data. And that's what gets reported. I'm not sure why anyone would even argue this.
charles village is perfectly fine according to the hundreds of mica, towson, goucher, loyola, and other coeds who frolic in the wild on the weekend seeking libations and company.
Considering people have gotten shot on Towson's campus, the possibilities of getting car jacked probably seem safer.

Two people were killed and six others wounded in a shooting in New Brunswick two blocks from the Rutgers campus less than two years ago. At least Baltimore has cool neighborhoods and stuff to do in addition to the bad parts. New Brunswick is just the latter. Awful town, nothing to do, rampant drug use among the student body because they’re so bored.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:04 pm

#DelusionalFanBase

Man,

The best pure pimp ever. His release was pure art. 53 years and counting Joe.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Fixed it for you
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

NYterp09 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:34 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:31 pm
ICGrad wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:29 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:17 pm As for the mention of the state of Baltimore city and its relationship with recruiting at the end of the day I think that can be applied as globally to every recruiting situation as the notion that "everyone on Earth wants to go to big football U".
Does anyone actually say this or believe it? I've never heard it (and I did my graduate work at a big football school).

Anyway, we're at 5 pages; at this rate, by the end of the weekend this Hopkins 2023 thread will have more pages than the Delaware Blue Hens 2022 thread (which stands at 10 pages, in case you're wondering).
Give it a week or two and we'll have more pages than there are Cornell lacrosse fans in the world.
This says more about the tremendous amount of losers following a terrible team. It’s like the NY Jets fan page outnumbering the KC Chiefs and bragging about it. Lots of Jets fans still think it’s 1969. #DelusionalFanBase :lol:
You obviously don’t know a single Jets fan. No one understands how bad of a franchise the Jets are more than Jets fans themselves.
I’ve been a Jets fan my whole life. I wasn’t saying that Jets fans don’t know how bad the Jets are. We do. I was saying that would be extremely pathetic if Jets fans bragged about having a higher page count than another team when they suck so bad. Just so lame.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:45 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:04 pm

#DelusionalFanBase

Man,

The best pure pimp ever. His release was pure art. 53 years and counting Joe.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Fixed it for you
“ Rich Strike is coming up on the inside
Oh my goodness
the longest of long shots has won the Kentucky Derby !! “
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:44 pm

Two people were killed and six others wounded in a shooting in New Brunswick two blocks from the Rutgers campus less than two years ago. At least Baltimore has cool neighborhoods and stuff to do in addition to the bad parts. New Brunswick is just the latter. Awful town, nothing to do, rampant drug use among the student body because they’re so bored.
I'm starting to think you actually believe the things you type, and for that I am sorry. Can't be wrong if you don't listen to other people though I guess, so you got that going for you. These cool Baltimore neighborhoods you mention have fatal shootings too. If you want a link I recommend a site called Google. If you want to compare violent crime between the 2 cities, again Google. Also didn't see any data to support your random assertion that drugs are more prevalent in the Rutgers student body vs other schools. Even your own fan base has told you that you've lost all sense of reality. Honestly though, you're the reason I still read this thread. I love a good car wreck
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Maverick wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:56 pm

I'm starting to think you actually believe the things you type, and for that I am sorry. Can't be wrong if you don't listen to other people though I guess, so you got that going for you. These cool Baltimore neighborhoods you mention have fatal shootings too. If you want a link I recommend a site called Google. If you want to compare violent crime between the 2 cities, again Google. Also didn't see any data to support your random assertion that drugs are more prevalent in the Rutgers student body vs other schools. Even your own fan base has told you that you've lost all sense of reality. Honestly though, you're the reason I still read this thread. I love a good car wreck
Interesting that the Fells Pt. Green Turtle closed...........IS the cool area a "credit check" NO weed smoking, bs built, AND ...built on swamp land...certainly built on the FEMA flood zone......BUT climate change.....cool Federal Hill.

Why did the Green Turlte in Fells point close, hopfan16? (which is really just mdlaxfan 76.........
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I've lived in both the New Brunswick area and Baltimore. I'd take Baltimore any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Baltimore has fun neighborhoods and lots of stuff to do for a college student. The best thing about New Brunswick is leaving it, to go to NYC or the beach. Have you been to New Brunswick?

Why haven't you moved away from Baltimore if it's such a cesspool and there are homeless people sleeping in your car? When you're not busy making up "5 armed suspects" right outside of Homewood, you're complaining about every aspect of the city you live in. Seems a little strange. Anyway, as a resident, you should know that Baltimore's crime issues — relative to other cities — is specific to certain neighborhoods, mostly in West Baltimore.

News flash, people get shot in cities. All of them. They contain multitudes. People get shot in New Haven and Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. and Charlottesville. There was a very, very high profile murder of a UVA student a few years ago. Seems weird to bring up a crime that happened in Towson as some point against the city as if that doesn't happen in a lot of places, including on his own campus.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:20 pm

Interesting that the Fells Pt. Green Turtle closed...........IS the cool area a "credit check" NO weed smoking, bs built, AND ...built on swamp land...certainly built on the FEMA flood zone......BUT climate change.....cool Federal Hill.

Why did the Green Turlte in Fells point close, hopfan16? (which is really just mdlaxfan 76.........
owners decided to run barley's in towson instead. they had reasons. it was greene turtle with an e.
runrussellrun

CLOSING...violence

Post by runrussellrun »

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/2015/ ... ems_t.html

Boards cover the windows of the famous Greene Turtle bar here. The place is open on this late Wednesday afternoon, but the place appears as if it is ready to close up tight and gird for trouble at any moment. Other bars are boarded up and closed on a Wednesday. Still more are like the Greene Turtle, sporting timber over their windows while remaining open for sharply curtailed hours under Batlimore's 10 p.m. riot-induced curfew.

In short, this fun section of Baltimore where people flocked to forget their problems is just another stark reminder of the devastating impact of Monday's riots. And judging by all the boarded-up bars, which grow in number as the businesses shut for another long night, it seems some here are still bracing for more unrest. This is despite the fact that Fells Point sustained no major damage or looting in Monday's riots.

Still, there is plenty of worry here that next time -- if there is one -- Fells Point and its high-profile reputation as the place for fun and a destination for tourists might not be so lucky.

What.....riots?

No wonder why Bloomberg wants to give GUNS to Hopkins cops.........

either way......Hopkins is done for the year. maybe the clowns at espn can have the "legends" play each other, start another tourney like hoops did.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:26 pm

I've lived in both the New Brunswick area and Baltimore. I'd take Baltimore any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Baltimore has fun neighborhoods and lots of stuff to do for a college student. The best thing about New Brunswick is leaving it, to go to NYC or the beach. Have you been to New Brunswick?

Why haven't you moved away from Baltimore if it's such a cesspool and there are homeless people sleeping in your car? When you're not busy making up "5 armed suspects" right outside of Homewood, you're complaining about every aspect of the city you live in. Seems a little strange. Anyway, as a resident, you should know that Baltimore's crime issues — relative to other cities — is specific to certain neighborhoods, mostly in West Baltimore.

News flash, people get shot in cities. All of them. They contain multitudes. People get shot in New Haven and Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. and Charlottesville. There was a very, very high profile murder of a UVA student a few years ago. Seems weird to bring up a crime that happened in Towson as some point against the city as if that doesn't happen in a lot of places, including on his own campus.
Your bad takes never cease to amaze me. I can't make this stuff up, but you do. Proceed to embarrass the rest of your teams fan base. I'll observe because you put on quite a show. Facts and reason be damned!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:30 pm [s shoes.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Sun May 08, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s pretty important surprisingly-shoes

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -shoes?amp