Queens U - D1 Mens Program?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Queens U - D1 Mens Program?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It's Official: Queens is Going DI
Saturday May 7th, 2022 6:45am
facebook sharing button twitter sharing button linkedin sharing button messenger sharing button whatsapp sharing button sharethis sharing button

The speculation has finally been made official, as Queens is elevating its athletics programs from Division II to Division I.

The university’s Board of Trustees voted unanimously to accept an invitation from the ASUN and will begin its four-year transitional phase to NCAA DI starting July 1. An official news conference is set for Tuesday at 10 a.m.

Queens has successful DII lacrosse programs. The women’s team is vying for a national championship and is No. 1 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Poll. They just won the South Atlantic Conference championship. Its men’s program has been a fixture in the DII South.

Their transition comes amid a tremendous amount of conference movement. It also comes on the heels of Lindenwood elevating from DII to DI and joining the ASUN.

In addition to those moves, Jacksonville and Mercer are set to go to the ASUN, and there’s tremendous realignment elsewhere. The addition of Atlantic-10 men’s lacrosse has long been anticipated, Stony Brook, Monmouth and Hampton are set to move to the CAA, and Bryant is going to the America East.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
FMUBart

Re: Queens U - D1 Mens Program?

Post by FMUBart »

Any "official" word on the Hobart move?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

No
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
BearsLax

Post by BearsLax »

Does this give ASun 10 for 2023?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

No one is sure whether Queens is going to do the transition (like Lindenwood and Stonehill) by assuming a full D1 schedule next year or be more traditional and take up to two years with a DII schedule and then convert to a D1 schedule (like Merrimack did in their transition).

Tuesday the information will be out.
Homer

Post by Homer »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:24 pm No one is sure whether Queens is going to do the transition (like Lindenwood and Stonehill) by assuming a full D1 schedule next year or be more traditional and take up to two years with a DII schedule and then convert to a D1 schedule (like Merrimack did in their transition).

I don't know what Queens is going to do either, but I'm pretty certain that's not what Merrimack did. I don't believe they've played a D2 opponent (at least outside of scrimmages) since the 2019 national title game against Limestone.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Homer wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:15 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:24 pm No one is sure whether Queens is going to do the transition (like Lindenwood and Stonehill) by assuming a full D1 schedule next year or be more traditional and take up to two years with a DII schedule and then convert to a D1 schedule (like Merrimack did in their transition).

I don't know what Queens is going to do either, but I'm pretty certain that's not what Merrimack did. I don't believe they've played a D2 opponent (at least outside of scrimmages) since the 2019 national title game against Limestone.
They announced their move to D1 just after losing to Limestone in 2017 (actually September 2018)...

https://www.eagletribune.com/news/merri ... a93ee.html

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”