Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by 1766 »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:33 am
1766 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:32 am This thread came early lol
so did your dad
Your mom talking out of school again lol?
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

so did your dad
Real Mensa level dialogue on here.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hah !
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

ICGrad wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:42 am Does Hopkins still field a lacrosse team? Did they drop down to d3?
Correct
HillsLax

Post by HillsLax »

"Does Hopkins still field a lacrosse team? Did they drop down to d3?"

Wow--what a clever way to start the thread! The wit and the insight are remarkable--ignorant and crass and stupid all in the same few words.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

HillsLax wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:51 am "Does Hopkins still field a lacrosse team? Did they drop down to d3?"

Wow--what a clever way to start the thread! The wit and the insight are remarkable--ignorant and crass and stupid all in the same few words.
Thank you...guilty as charged! Though not so stupid as to be unable to figure out how to use the forum's quote feature, so there's that...
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:30 am
InsiderRoll wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:25 am Your gonna like the way Hop looks. He guarantees it.
If this freshman class was like Men's Wearhouse, then the next one will be Hugo Boss
Maryland is still Armani.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Powellfan22 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:47 am
so did your dad
Cuse fan dropping intellectual bombs on Hop!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:05 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:25 am Your gonna like the way Hop looks. He guarantees it.
If this freshman class was like Men's Wearhouse, then the next one will be Hugo Boss
Fair. And Penn State is the Walmart men's section.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dude Maryland right now is straight bespoke out of Milan. You can feel your nuts squeezed into your butt but everyone knows how good you look.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Hopkins needs Canali or Armani, not Hugo Boss.

Besides, Hugo Boss tends to be stingy with their material.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Please … Maryland is the Opposuits of lacrosse.

https://www.opposuits.com/

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Powellfan22 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:47 am
so did your dad
Legacy admits. :?

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:23 am
Laxmaninamillion wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:17 am
HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:54 am Incoming freshmen
Matt Collison - 6'4'' Canadian lefty sniper, can play either midfield or attack
Koleton Marquis - crafty, skilled, and versataile Kahnawake attackman from Canada, can play all over the formation
Brooks English - Canadian middie, good first step, brothers play at Princeton and UNC
Charlie Iler - middie from Canada, not big but quick and creative as a dodger
Tripp Didden - big right-handed defenseman out of Deerfield
Carson Brown - big left-handed D/LSM out of Deerfield
Mikey Trepeta - D/LSM out of Mount Sinai, believe he's been hurt this season
Jameson Smith - tall and athletic midfielder, productive on LI
Andrew Bigelow - raw defender from Buffalo but built like a brick sh*thouse
Alec Billings - fast, athletic middie out of British Columbia, might project as a two-way guy
Nicholas Lane - FOGO, big boy in the Alec Stathakis mold
Eric McDonald - Canadian at Hill Academy, probably an SSDM and/or wing player

Breakdown:
7 Americans, 5 Canadians
1 A, 2 A/M, 4 M, 4 D/LSM, 1 FO
No goalie
Last year’s class (2021) didn’t score a single goal all year. FOGO Callahan was only Freshman to make any type of impact. Unless Hopkins gets some great transfer guys they will be worse next year IMHO. Grad losses and Seniors who may not want to come back (why would Epstein want to come back to this) will be problematic.
There were only 5 offensive players in that class and three of them had injuries. So the pool of guys who could score was basically only two people. And as we've discussed, those were all late commits/flips after all of the top players were already signed elsewhere. This upcoming class will have a bigger impact, particularly on the offensive end. I guarantee it.
Well there won’t be any “their guys” excuses. I would hate to be an American on this team. No way will you get a fair chance at playing time.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

HappyGilmore wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:55 pm
Koleton Marquis - crafty, skilled, and versataile Kahnawake attackman from Canada, can play all over the formation
Brooks English - Canadian middie, good first step, brothers play at Princeton and UNC
Alec Billings - fast, athletic middie out of British Columbia, might project as a two-way guy

Breakdown:
7 Americans, 5 Canadians
No goalie
Last year’s class (2021) didn’t score a single goal all year. FOGO Callahan was only Freshman to make any type of impact. Unless Hopkins gets some great transfer guys they will be worse next year IMHO. Grad losses and Seniors who may not want to come back (why would Epstein want to come back to this) will be problematic.
There were only 5 offensive players in that class and three of them had injuries. So the pool of guys who could score was basically only two people. And as we've discussed, those were all late commits/flips after all of the top players were already signed elsewhere. This upcoming class will have a bigger impact, particularly on the offensive end. I guarantee it.
Well there won’t be any “their guys” excuses. I would hate to be an American on this team. No way will you get a fair chance at playing time.
You mean like how there are 5 Canadians on the roster already and only 1 of them plays? If your insane theory was true we'd have seen a lot more Charboneau, Phillips, and Handsor this year and they wouldn't have put Raposo on a milk carton in the second half of the season.

Anyway, correction to my previous post: Iler is from California, not Canada
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

If we are halfway serious about having any discussion on Hopkins next year it actually will be interesting to see how much the team changes on offense:
- All we know right now is Keogh and DeSimone have exhausted their eligibility
- Widely held assumption is that Epstein will not return
- Hopkins would certainly like and need Degnon to return
- For sake of argument assume no significant non senior transfer losses (i.e. Angelus/Peshko/Grimes/Evans/McDermott/Bauer)

If the last three bullets above hold true - then the questions that exist with your 2023 Hopkins offense may be:
- If Angelus is your x attack and Degnon returns on the left - then the spot that was occupied primarily by Epstein goes to: Bauer/Marquis?
- Since it is definite that Keogh and DeSo are gone - thast means 2/3rds of the first mid-field (at the end of the season) are gone - Peshko appears to be a given - I would think a healthy Grimes is a candidate at least - After that Collison? Evans? McDermott? Phillips?
- Given the recruiting class is heavier on middies - impossible to project the impact of English/Iler/Billings etc.etc. until they arrive so the second mid-field compositon is a toss-up and you did not get to see any of the current freshmen - other than a brief glimpse of Philips
- Then there's Maher - sort of a ghost - season ending injury - but then he left the roster - so will he return?

Otherwise
- Goalie is the biggest issue - I guess Webb is still a question mark but given the staff started and stuck with a 48ish save percent guy - confidence in the remaining 3 goalies is a questionmark to say the least
- If McManus returned - another year of him/Smith/Rodgers with Todaro getting healthy - Szuluk - Kaufman - the future looks OK with the guys carrying the long sticks
- You have Martin and Jaronski to start with for SSDM - theoretically Lilly and Mabbett are available with one more year of eligibility and good size exists with Reen/Teachout/Hicks and incoming freshmen so there could be opportunities to see the field

Face-offs - especially if a healthy Narewski returned - might be a strength

So not all doom and gloom - while you are losing 71 points in DeSimone and Keogh you are only losing 30 goals AND I don't want to sound anything like '06 but they were the two statistically worst shooters on the teams at 20 and 18 percent respectively (I guess if you include McDermott DeSimone was 3rd worst). But again - Keogh was forced to play 100% out of position and DeSimone got put back at mid-field for half the season - DeSimone's shot percentage dropped TWENTY points.

Now if Epstein and Degnon are also gone than you are losing 4 of your top 5 scorers and that's a problem. BTW - Epstein's shooting percentage was 5th worst on the team at 25% and you have to include McDermott and Evans in that group.
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:07 pm

Breakdown:
7 Americans, 5 Canadians
No goalie
You mean like how there are 5 Canadians on the roster already and only 1 of them plays? If your insane theory was true we'd have seen a lot more Charboneau, Phillips, and Handsor this year and they wouldn't have put Raposo on a milk carton in the second half of the season.

Raposo shouldn’t have been on the field after the first game. How did Charboneau get the start in game 1. You can believe what you want, but Jr. Favors his “Canadian guys”. Let’s see how it plays out.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

HappyGilmore wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:19 am
HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:07 pm

Breakdown:
7 Americans, 5 Canadians
No goalie

Raposo shouldn’t have been on the field after the first game. How did Charboneau get the start in game 1. You can believe what you want, but Jr. Favors his “Canadian guys”. Let’s see how it plays out.
Huh? You mean Chauvette? Charboneau didn’t play all year and Chauvette isn’t Canadian. You seem to have a preconceived notion about Junior that doesn’t actually reflect reality.

If he plays Canadians e.g. Marquis/Collison/English next year it’s because we need them
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

HappyGilmore wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:19 am Raposo shouldn’t have been on the field after the first game.
Well - I for one was glad Raposo was on the field against Loyola - it's an L without him
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

HappyGilmore wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:19 am You can believe what you want, but Jr. Favors his “Canadian guys”. Let’s see how it plays out.
So how do you come by this - there are 5 Canadians on the team - 2 "recruited" by the current staff - 3 recruited by Petro
Peshko played in every one and was the leading mid-fielder in goals
Raposo got a run or two in most games but took a whopping total of 9 shots
Phillips appeared in 4 games - 1 shot
Charboneau appeared in 2 games - bagels across the board except for 1 turnover
Handsor DNP

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Do you want to give Collison back? I think Maryland might take him.

Here's a piece of irony too - if someone like Phillips transferred and became a good player - PM and Junior would get crucified for not keeping him

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”