Towson

D1 Mens Lacrosse
sc lax

Re: Towson

Post by sc lax »

10stone5 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:03 pm I don’t normally like ties when naming 1st teams,

but with Brennan and Knote, co-first team goaltenders, it is
difficult to pick one over the other.
Reece Potter not listed on any of those lists - that's a head scratcher.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

No. 2 Towson set to take on No. 1 Delaware on Saturday from Drexel at 2pm. Thought that third quarter against UMass tonight (6-0) was as well as Towson has played all year. Great defense, an amazing strip by Koby on Tobin and very unselfish offense. DeMaio played great (5g, 2a) as did Berkeley and Avanzato. Also thought Josh Webber is starting to really come on as a scoring threat with his wheels.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Nice job by coaching staff. Went away from 2 lines of mids. Played like 6 but Berkeley was on 75 percent of offensive possessions. Cinco DeMaio had a great game along with Potter(Beast). Constantinides again was solid. Saturdays going to be a good one. Weather looks bad now. Kudos to coaching staff on getting most kids in game at end. Every young man on roster works so hard all year. Loudest part of game was Jack Kimmels goal. Let’s go Tigers
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

I’m having cocktails, so I will have some meaninglessness analysis later tonight.
harflax

Post by harflax »

If this game is televised on Laxsports Network I would advise anyone that actually wants to see the game to drive to Philadelphia. Predictably, the Towson women's game today had technical difficulties the entire game today, including no video feed at all for the second half. Instead, in typical Laxsports Network fashion, we got treated to the Maryland vs William and Mary rebroadcast. Between Laxsports network and Flosports, the CAA has the worst broadcasting contract in all of lacrosse.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

They had Davey Emala,
one of the best color guys in lacrosse,

I don’t think he’s with them this year.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

So besides LSN. How does Towson win this game ? Put the critical stuff aside. I’d like to see how .
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

harflax wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 pm If this game is televised on Laxsports Network I would advise anyone that actually wants to see the game to drive to Philadelphia. Predictably, the Towson women's game today had technical difficulties the entire game today, including no video feed at all for the second half. Instead, in typical Laxsports Network fashion, we got treated to the Maryland vs William and Mary rebroadcast. Between Laxsports network and Flosports, the CAA has the worst broadcasting contract in all of lacrosse.
Are you watching ESPNU Ivy coverage tonight? Video and audio cutting out every 15 seconds. I could do without the audio with Carc, Quint and Anish but the video cut outs make it unwatchable
LongIslandLacks

Post by LongIslandLacks »

Henpecked wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:17 pm
harflax wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 pm If this game is televised on Laxsports Network I would advise anyone that actually wants to see the game to drive to Philadelphia. Predictably, the Towson women's game today had technical difficulties the entire game today, including no video feed at all for the second half. Instead, in typical Laxsports Network fashion, we got treated to the Maryland vs William and Mary rebroadcast. Between Laxsports network and Flosports, the CAA has the worst broadcasting contract in all of lacrosse.
Are you watching ESPNU Ivy coverage tonight? Video and audio cutting out every 15 seconds. I could do without the audio with Carc, Quint and Anish but the video cut outs make it unwatchable
ESPN needs to professionalize it’s announcing crews in lacrosse. Way too much bro-style. Fine for us dopes on this board, but if the network is trying to help attract other viewers, it is a colossal turn off. Nicknames used for players, like you just ate a burger with them 4 hours ago is a terrible look.
harflax

Post by harflax »

Back to the big game tomorrow vs Delaware. Koby Smith did not play in the first matchup when Delaware won by 1 goal. He should be a top pick in the draft. Towson shot poorly, Delaware goalie played well. I think it will be a great game. TU needs to control the face-off x.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Absolute clown show with these refs today - for both sides. Pretty clear they got the C team today
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

I know the weather was bad, but it was for both teams. Winning 6 of 18 face-offs, committing six penalties and 17 turnovers the story so far. Delaware's defense was brilliant at times, but the offense helped out. Just 25 shots and the Hens had 41 (at this point with Hens up 10-5). Disappointing, but not shocking. Team has been erratic all season.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

There were some positives this season, but finishing 7-9 overall. Losses to St. Joe's, the last game to Hofstra, inconsistencies on both sides of the ball. Can't wait for Mike Weisshaar, but there needs to some changes as well. Good luck to Shane Brennan and all the seniors in the future and Koby Smith in his pro career.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Math1234 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:02 pm There were some positives this season, but finishing 7-9 overall. Losses to St. Joe's, the last game to Hofstra, inconsistencies on both sides of the ball. Can't wait for Mike Weisshaar, but there needs to some changes as well. Good luck to Shane Brennan and all the seniors in the future and Koby Smith in his pro career.
Well said, credit to Delaware today, they were the better team and deserve to win the conference. Towson played sloppy, like they have done for a good amount of the season. Just way too many silly mistakes and they looked like a completely different team compared to Thursday - although I think they matched up better with UMass. We will miss Brennan for sure, as well as Smith. This team needs to make some changes though, not exactly sure what, but they haven't been the same since 2019.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

It’s disappointing as a team to finish that way. I myself experienced that, but it was in the first round of the NCAA tourn. Nothing went right. I didn’t like the Delaware matchup because of the way Towson has played vs DE. Not guarding the feeder at X has been an issue. Short sticks no slide help. Offensively, DE slides from the crease for help. Towson could have attacked from different areas to get open looks. Nothing Del did was earth shattering but credit them for making the entire Towson team uncomfortable. Towson was called for everything, officials were bad. Towson had to be offsides 10 times. Credit goes to Towson going 4-2 in the CAA prior to this game. But, yesterday was unfortunate.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Problems this season? Shot selection and shooting % (27%, 55.5% on goal). Turnovers (253 in 16 games; 15.8 per game). Need to get better on the wings of face-offs and on the rope unit. Constantinides wasn't bad (45.5%), which was nearly 10% better than the year before. A lot to work on but not far away. Just have to replace Brennan (Long?) and one of the greatest defenders to even play at Towson in Koby Smith. Consistent of execution, effort and intensity is on the players first and foremost, but also on the staff.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Math1234 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:59 pm Problems this season? Shot selection and shooting % (27%, 55.5% on goal). Turnovers (253 in 16 games; 15.8 per game). Need to get better on the wings of face-offs and on the rope unit. Constantinides wasn't bad (45.5%), which was nearly 10% better than the year before. A lot to work on but not far away. Just have to replace Brennan (Long?) and one of the greatest defenders to even play at Towson in Koby Smith. Consistent of execution, effort and intensity is on the players first and foremost, but also on the staff.
There were just too many lapses on both sides of the ball. I get with the shot clock there is probably going to be more TOs per game, but there were too many times where they just jammed the ball into the crease. This team hasn't had a true QB on offense since '19 and there was not really a physical presence within the attack unit this year. Constantinides is only going to get better and that should help them out over the next few years. They need some of their incoming Freshmen to make an immediate impact, although it doesn't look like they are losing a ton of starters (but not exactly sure who is coming back). They will definitely miss Smith and Brennan. Will be interesting to see if they are aggressive with potential transfers this summer.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Congrats to Koby on getting drafted fifth in PLL
https://twitter.com/Towson_MLAX/status/ ... zG2AgmX4sg
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Math1234 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:02 pm There were some positives this season, but finishing 7-9 overall. Losses to St. Joe's, the last game to Hofstra, inconsistencies on both sides of the ball. Can't wait for Mike Weisshaar, but there needs to some changes as well. Good luck to Shane Brennan and all the seniors in the future and Koby Smith in his pro career.
If Michael Weisshaar was Maryland’s top high school lacrosse player last year, and Weisshaar was named first wave UA AA
midfield,

then how is Weisshaar not a top ten incoming freshman,

what’s the deal with that.

Oh well, hope he comes in with a Ty Cobb
sized chip on his shoulder.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Nice story on recruit Joaquin Villagomez, a 6-5, 210-pound attackman from Severna Park. The next joe Seider?
https://twitter.com/baltimoresun/status ... eIaXpI6TLA
https://twitter.com/BWagner_CapGaz/stat ... eIaXpI6TLA

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”