January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

January 5, 2021
Rep. Jim Jordan to Mark Meadows

On January 6, 2021, Vice President Mike Pence, as President of the Senate, should call out all electoral votes that he believes are unconstitutional as no electoral votes at all – in accordance with guidance from founding father Alexander Hamilton and judicial precedence. ‘No legislative act,’ wrote Alexander Hamilton in Federalist No. 78, ‘contrary to the Constitution, can be valid.’ ‘The court in Hubbard v. Lowe reinforced this truth: ”That an unconstitutional statute is not a law at all is a proposition no longer open to discussion.’ ’226 F. 135, 137 (SDNY 1915), appeal dismissed, 242 U.S. 654 (1916). ’ Following this rationale, an unconstitutionally appointed elector, like an unconstitutionally enacted statute, is no elector at all.

January 6, 2021
Mark Meadows to Rep. Jim Jordan

I have pushed for this. Not sure it is going to happen

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to Mark Meadows

Mark I was just told there is an active shooter on the first floor of the Capitol Please tell the President to calm people This isn’t the way to solve anything

Mick Mulvaney to Mark Meadows

Mark: he needs to stop this, now. Can I do anything to help?

Rep. Barry Loudermilk to Mark Meadows

It’s really bad up here on the hill.

They have breached the Capitol.

Mark Meadows to Rep. Barry Loudermilk

POTUS is engaging

Thanks. This doesn’t help our cause.

Rep. William Timmons to Mark Meadows

The president needs to stop this ASAP

Mark Meadows to Rep. William Timmons

We are doing it

Donald Trump Jr. to Mark Meadows

He’s got to condem this turd. Asap. The captiol police tweet is not enough.

Donald Trump Jr. to Mark Meadows

This his one you go to the mattresses on. They will try to heck his entire legacy on this if it gets worse.

Reince Priebus to Mark Meadows

TELL THEM TO GO HOME !!!

Jason Miller to Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino

Call me crazy, but ideas for two tweets from POTUS: 1) Bad apples, likely ANTIFA or other crazed leftists, infiltrated today’s peaceful protest over the fraudulent vote count. Violence is never acceptable! MAGA supporters embrace our police and the rule of law and should leave the Capitol now! 2) The fake news media who encouraged this summer’s violent and radical riots are now trying to blame peaceful and innocent MAGA supporters for violent actions. This isn’t who we are! Our people should head home and let the criminals suffer the consequences!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

January 17, 2021
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to Mark Meadows

In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall law. I don’t know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

January 19, 2021
Sean Hannity to Mark Meadows

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1 ... 41571?s=21

Sean Hannity to Mark Meadows

Well this is as bad as this can get.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Most Damning Part of the Meadows Texts

"He knew the president was lying. And he kept helping to spread the lies anyway."
We’ve known for a long time, based on audits, investigations, and court reviews, that Donald Trump’s allegations about massive fraud in the 2020 presidential election are false. We also know, based on firsthand accounts from Trump’s former aides, attorneys, and political allies, that Trump’s advisers repeatedly told him the allegations were false. That leaves two possibilities: Either Trump is lying, or he’s trying to overthrow the government based on an impenetrable delusion. Take your pick.

Now we’re compiling similar evidence against Mark Meadows, who was Trump’s chief of staff during the election. He, too, knew Trump’s accusations were false. And instead of telling the truth, Meadows helped spread the lies.

The latest evidence comes from a batch of more than 2,000 text messages, revealed by CNN that were sent to or from Meadows between November 3, 2020, and January 20, 2021. Three of the exchanges are particularly instructive: one in early November of that year, another in late November, and a third in early December.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Order against the RNC on the January 6 Committee's subpoena:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 2.33.0.pdf
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:02 am Order against the RNC on the January 6 Committee's subpoena:

... I scanned the document. Am I correct that the court shot down the RNC totally, all issues?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:29 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:02 am Order against the RNC on the January 6 Committee's subpoena:

... I scanned the document. Am I correct that the court shot down the RNC totally, all issues?
Yes, and FWIW, a Trump-appointed Judge, Federalist Society member.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:50 am

So the Federalist Society is no longer ‘evil’, right?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:13 am

You will never find a post from me calling the Federalist Society "evil." I know a ton more about it than you, and have many many friends -- real ones, not the pretend people you talk about -- that are members, who are conservatives, and who would laugh at talking point vomiters like you.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:42 am

You will never find a post from me calling the Federalist Society "evil." I know a ton more about it than you, and have many many friends -- real ones, not the pretend people you talk about -- that are members, who are conservatives, and who would laugh at talking point vomiters like you.

Alfred Ross, president and founder of the Institute for Democracy Studies (IDS) in New York, a George Soros fave: “It's extremely dangerous." Referring to the Federalist Society.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:16 am

Alfred Ross, president and founder of the Institute for Democracy Studies (IDS) in New York, a George Soros fave: “It's extremely dangerous." Referring to the Federalist Society.
Is it not dangerous?
When granted the kind of power and control they, the org, had in the last Admin...or even more next time?

That said, dangerous does not equal "evil"...Nor does "Trump-apointed" mean "evil". Certainly being a member of the Federalist Society doesn't make one "evil".

I agree with seacoaster, many Federalist members, certainly conservative, would be grossed out by "talking point vomiters like you".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:45 am

Is it not dangerous?
When granted the kind of power and control they, the org, had in the last Admin...or even more next time?

That said, dangerous does not equal "evil"...Nor does "Trump-apointed" mean "evil". Certainly being a member of the Federalist Society doesn't make one "evil".

I agree with seacoaster, many Federalist members, certainly conservative, would be grossed out by "talking point vomiters like you".

For a so-called ‘former Republican’, you sure are liberal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:27 pm

Is it not dangerous?

am I? Certainly on social issues that would be fair. But that's not how 'conservatism', much less "Republican", used to be defined.

Perhaps the definition of "conservative" in your sort of parlance has changed radically from what it once was? Now it includes an embrace of totalitarians and bigots of all stripes?

But hey, I was never a social conservative, though I was also certainly not a bleeding edge progressive socially either. The more I learned throughout my life, the more liberal socially I became.

And I'm still a Republican.

Bothers you, doesn't it...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

...RepubliCONs are not the same thing as Republicans.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:59 pm

Is it not dangerous?

am I? Certainly on social issues that would be fair. But that's not how 'conservatism', much less "Republican", used to be defined.

Perhaps the definition of "conservative" in your sort of parlance has changed radically from what it once was? Now it includes an embrace of totalitarians and bigots of all stripes?

But hey, I was never a social conservative, though I was also certainly not a bleeding edge progressive socially either. The more I learned throughout my life, the more liberal socially I became.

Doesn’t bother me in the least. That is, if you’re being honest.

Now dishonesty does bother me. Hypocrisy. Elitism. Arrogance. Those things chafe me big. As long as you’re not any of that, we’d get along great. But if someone is a dishonest, hypocritical, elitist, arrogant kind of fella, nah we’re not getting along. Think of Sheldon Whitehouse or John Kerry, people I viscerally hate: if you’re like either, it’s not gonna go well for ‘us’.

As for being a ‘conservative’, I’d say being pro-family, pro-common sense, pro-normal, pro-Free speech, pro-Bill of Rights really, pro-business, pro-American are essential hallmarks of conservatism. Are you any of that? If so, you’re likely a conservative.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:47 pm

Is it not dangerous?

Now dishonesty does bother me. Hypocrisy. Elitism. Arrogance. Those things chafe me big. As long as you’re not any of that, we’d get along great. But if someone is a dishonest, hypocritical, elitist, arrogant kind of fella, nah we’re not getting along. Think of Sheldon Whitehouse or John Kerry, people I viscerally hate: if you’re like either, it’s not gonna go well for ‘us’.

As for being a ‘conservative’, I’d say being pro-family, pro-common sense, pro-normal, pro-Free speech, pro-Bill of Rights really, pro-business, pro-American are essential hallmarks of conservatism. Are you any of that? If so, you’re likely a conservative.
Quite an interesting list. Let's just take the first one. Am I not "pro-family" if I'm cool with two men or two women married? Or does that make me not "pro-family"???

Seems to me that I'm very pro-family when I support two people making a strong commitment to one another and to the raising of their children together.

But I also don't think it makes me not "pro-family" if I think it's important that someone being abused in a marriage should have our great concern and support, protection from the abuser. I'm also "pro-family" when I support teenage sex education and contraceptives and support of groups that help assist with family planning. That's "pro-family". Heck I also think that a mother who decides she wants an abortion rather than a fourth child should be able to do so without my making her feel guilty about making that choice...and that's "pro-family".

But by the current radical approach, these are ALL being considered "anti-family".

I can do the same with each of your faux list.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

“Pro-normal.” Seriously.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:45 pm “Pro-normal.” Seriously.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:45 pm “Pro-normal.” Seriously.

Yes, pro-normal: among many other examples, not wanting to discuss age-inappropriate topics with young children. That would be normal, to vehemently reject any adult discussing age-inappropriate topics with young kids. I can list dozens of examples of being ‘normal’.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:47 pm

Is it not dangerous?

The troll said - “Hypocrisy. Elitism. Arrogance. Those things chafe me big.”

He should try any number of Gold Bond products that will help him with the chafing from all those personality deficiencies of his.

Return to “POLITICS”