Bracketology - Always a sign The Tournament is near

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxorama12

Re: Bracketology - Always a sign The Tournament is near

Post by Laxorama12 »

Does margin of victory or loss affect rankings? For instance, does a close loss to a highly ranked team help your ranking more than losing by a wide margin?
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Lots of bubble teams cheering for Duke and Syracuse tomorrow. Florida, Rutgers, Denver, Princeton all Irish fans for the day.

After Denver's loss to CO, that 8th seed is probably between Duke and Florida? Both have a stronger signature win, and neither has a loss to a team that won't be seeded.
crazyhorse

Post by crazyhorse »

Rutgers might be in the mix as well. They've got 4 top-wins vs. 2 for Florida and 1 for Duke, and an RPI of 8. Their bad loss was to Arizona St, but that loss is looking more respectable as the season goes on. I think realistically they'd have to win their next two - at Ohio State tonight, and then NW in Big 10 semis - might be too tall a task. The knock on Florida will be that they have 4 losses, though the counter is that those are all to likely seeded teams (UNC, MD, SB, Loyola). They've got a win vs Cuse, which is on par with Duke's over BC, plus a better RPI and SOS than the Devils. Those teams hoping for the 8 seed will definitely be wearing green tomorrow!
crazyhorse

Post by crazyhorse »

Nightmare weekend for bubble teams with the ND and UVA upsets. St Joe's could have created some turmoil as well but I don't think A10 is a 2-bid league. I do think ACC comfortably gets 6 in. RPI and SOS for ND (17 and 3) and UVA (18 and 1) are just too strong to leave out. To me, if you had to pick just one, I'd pick ND. They beat UVA head to head, destroyed Duke much like Carolina did and then only lost to the Heels by 1 - important because late season performance is a secondary criteria.

Last 3 in: Arizona St - RPI 26, SOS 12, big wins vs Rutgers, Stanford
Stanford - RPI 27, SOS 19, wins vs USC (twice) and ASU.
UConn - RPI 14, weak SOS of 47, beat UMass head to head
First 2 out: Ohio St - lost out to Hopkins; weaker RPI at 23 and lost to them head to head, as well as losing to another bubble team in Colorado. Only big win is Michigan
UMass - RPI is good enough at 19, but weak SOS. UConn loss costs them. Best win is Vanderbilt.
Seeds:
I believe that unless Florida loses in AAC tourney or Rutgers beats Maryland then Florida is the 8 seed.
Syracuse doesn't slip below 5 because they beat Stony Brook and Loyola head to head
Maryland and Northwestern will be 3 and 4, determined by winner of Big 10 Tourney (or who progresses further).

1. UNC - bye
UVA vs Michigan
2. BC - bye
USC vs UConn
3. MD - bye
Duke vs Hopkins
4. NW vs CMU
ND vs ASU
5. Syr vs Bryant
Denver vs Stanford
6. Stony Brook vs Albany
Princeton vs St Joe's
7. Loyola vs Monmouth
JMU vs Towson
8. Florida vs High Point
Rutgers vs J'ville
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

crazyhorse wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:54 pm Nightmare weekend for bubble teams with the ND and UVA upsets. St Joe's could have created some turmoil as well but I don't think A10 is a 2-bid league. I do think ACC comfortably gets 6 in. RPI and SOS for ND (17 and 3) and UVA (18 and 1) are just too strong to leave out. To me, if you had to pick just one, I'd pick ND. They beat UVA head to head, destroyed Duke much like Carolina did and then only lost to the Heels by 1 - important because late season performance is a secondary criteria.

First 2 out: Ohio St - lost out to Hopkins; weaker RPI at 23 and lost to them head to head, as well as losing to another bubble team in Colorado. Only big win is Michigan
UMass - RPI is good enough at 19, but weak SOS. UConn loss costs them. Best win is Vanderbilt.
Seeds:
I believe that unless Florida loses in AAC tourney or Rutgers beats Maryland then Florida is the 8 seed.
Syracuse doesn't slip below 5 because they beat Stony Brook and Loyola head to head
Maryland and Northwestern will be 3 and 4, determined by winner of Big 10 Tourney (or who progresses further).

1. UNC - bye
UVA vs Michigan
2. BC - bye
USC vs UConn
3. MD - bye
Duke vs Hopkins
4. NW vs CMU
ND vs ASU
5. Syr vs Bryant
Denver vs Stanford
6. Stony Brook vs Albany
Princeton vs St Joe's
7. Loyola vs Monmouth
JMU vs Towson
8. Florida vs High Point
Rutgers vs J'ville
Stony Brook can't play Albany and JMU can't play Towson in first round can they? Or is it allowed since they're leaving their conferences?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

crazyhorse wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:54 pm Nightmare weekend for bubble teams with the ND and UVA upsets. St Joe's could have created some turmoil as well but I don't think A10 is a 2-bid league. I do think ACC comfortably gets 6 in. RPI and SOS for ND (17 and 3) and UVA (18 and 1) are just too strong to leave out. To me, if you had to pick just one, I'd pick ND. They beat UVA head to head, destroyed Duke much like Carolina did and then only lost to the Heels by 1 - important because late season performance is a secondary criteria.

Seeds:

1. UNC - bye
UVA vs Michigan
2. BC - bye
USC vs UConn
3. MD - bye
Duke vs Hopkins
4. NW vs CMU
ND vs ASU
5. Syr vs Bryant
Denver vs Stanford
6. Stony Brook vs Albany
Princeton vs St Joe's
7. Loyola vs Monmouth
JMU vs Towson
8. Florida vs High Point
Rutgers vs J'ville
Inside lacrosse put out latest RPI top 10
1. UNC
2. BC
3. MD
4. NU
5. Cuse
6. FLA
7. SB
8. Duke
9. LOY
10. Rutgers
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:21 pm

Seeds:

1. UNC - bye
UVA vs Michigan
2. BC - bye
USC vs UConn
3. MD - bye
Duke vs Hopkins
4. NW vs CMU
ND vs ASU
5. Syr vs Bryant
Denver vs Stanford
6. Stony Brook vs Albany
Princeton vs St Joe's
7. Loyola vs Monmouth
JMU vs Towson
8. Florida vs High Point
Rutgers vs J'ville
1. UNC
2. BC
3. MD
4. NU
5. Cuse
6. FLA
7. SB
8. Duke
9. LOY
10. Rutgers
Can you provide a link?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:59 am

Seeds:

1. UNC - bye
UVA vs Michigan
2. BC - bye
USC vs UConn
3. MD - bye
Duke vs Hopkins
4. NW vs CMU
ND vs ASU
5. Syr vs Bryant
Denver vs Stanford
6. Stony Brook vs Albany
Princeton vs St Joe's
7. Loyola vs Monmouth
JMU vs Towson
8. Florida vs High Point
Rutgers vs J'ville
1. UNC
2. BC
3. MD
4. NU
5. Cuse
6. FLA
7. SB
8. Duke
9. LOY
10. Rutgers
Can you provide a link?
Hey, I saw it on Twitter last night. I’ll look for a link .
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Seeds:

1. UNC - bye
UVA vs Michigan
2. BC - bye
USC vs UConn
3. MD - bye
Duke vs Hopkins
4. NW vs CMU
ND vs ASU
5. Syr vs Bryant
Denver vs Stanford
6. Stony Brook vs Albany
Princeton vs St Joe's
7. Loyola vs Monmouth
JMU vs Towson
8. Florida vs High Point
Rutgers vs J'ville
1. UNC
2. BC
3. MD
4. NU
5. Cuse
6. FLA
7. SB
8. Duke
9. LOY
10. Rutgers
Can you provide a link?
This is where I saw it. It may be somewhere on the NCAA website?

https://twitter.com/joespallina/status/ ... 09120?s=21
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Seeds:

1. UNC - bye
UVA vs Michigan
2. BC - bye
USC vs UConn
3. MD - bye
Duke vs Hopkins
4. NW vs CMU
ND vs ASU
5. Syr vs Bryant
Denver vs Stanford
6. Stony Brook vs Albany
Princeton vs St Joe's
7. Loyola vs Monmouth
JMU vs Towson
8. Florida vs High Point
Rutgers vs J'ville
1. UNC
2. BC
3. MD
4. NU
5. Cuse
6. FLA
7. SB
8. Duke
9. LOY
10. Rutgers
Can you provide a link?
Lax reference updates the RPI twice a day. Best place to find it. It does not match the top 10 list above. That top 10 list is the D1 NCAA Committee top 10 list that came out on Saturday during MD/Michigan game.

https://lacrossereference.com/stats/rpi-d1-women/
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 am
Can you provide a link?
This is where I saw it. It may be somewhere on the NCAA website?

https://twitter.com/joespallina/status/ ... 09120?s=21
As of April 28
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:36 am
As of April 28
Yes, things have changed since then. :lol:
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Anyone know where the link is for D1 women’s NCAA Committee top 10 list? I’m pretty sure that’s different than the RPI rankings.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:01 am Anyone know where the link is for D1 women’s NCAA Committee top 10 list? I’m pretty sure that’s different than the RPI rankings.
That's the list Spallina put on twitter. But as was stated, that was as of 4/28. Lot of things have changed since then.

https://twitter.com/college_crosse/stat ... p2QtBT2lWQ
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:19 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:01 am Anyone know where the link is for D1 women’s NCAA Committee top 10 list? I’m pretty sure that’s different than the RPI rankings.
That's the list Spallina put on twitter. But as was stated, that was as of 4/28. Lot of things have changed since then.

Obviously much has changed since then, but does anyone know where he got the list, or if the committee has updated the list since? Just curious.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:27 am

Obviously much has changed since then, but does anyone know where he got the list, or if the committee has updated the list since? Just curious.
It was released on the broadcast of the MD/Michigan game on Saturday. That's where the screenshot is from on the twitter link I posted. They don't post these anywhere and there won't be another update until the field is revealed.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:31 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:27 am

It was released on the broadcast of the MD/Michigan game on Saturday. That's where the screenshot is from on the twitter link I posted. They don't post these anywhere and there won't be another update until the field is revealed.
Gotcha—thanks.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”