The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: SCOTUS

Post by foreverlax »

tech37 wrote:As I said, desperate/duplicitous...

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/13/64751136 ... -nominatio
Definitely desperate, duplicitous, not so much....it's the way they are playing the game. Nothing is off the table going forward. The President of the United States said he was smarter than one of the top ten managers in the world, as a response. It's a mess....
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote:

Definitely desperate, duplicitous, not so much....it's the way they are playing the game. Nothing is off the table going forward. The President of the United States said he was smarter than one of the top ten managers in the world, as a response. It's a mess....
These hayseeds may believe Trump is smarter....not you tech...
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

HooDat wrote:seacoaster - it sounds like you are a bit of a watercooler expert on the SC. I am curious about your view on the polarization of the court. I want to know if I am seeing through a biased lens.

On the far right I see: Thomas

Leans right: Alito, Gorsuch

In the middle: Roberts (chief justice)

Leans left: Sotomayor

On the far left I see: Ginsburg, Breyer, and Kagan

How would you place the eight sitting justices on that spectrum?

From what I have read, my guess is that Kavanaugh will end up placing out as leans right
ggait might have a different view; here's mine Hoo:

Far right: Thomas and Gorsuch.

Leans Right: The Chief. Alito, a little right of the Chief. Kavanuagh if he gets there will prove a little right of the Chief.

Center: ...yeah, big blank spot where most of the country resides....

Leans Left: Breyer, Kagan

Left: Sotomayor and RBG
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Opposition to Kavanaugh:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... b8bc7bbc2f

Kavanaugh is an essentially political animal, and with the GOP, that means dirty tricks and dissembling about it later.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:

How is it that a self-ascribed intelligent, master of the universe elitist such as yourself, is so easily threatened?
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:

How is it that a self-ascribed intelligent, master of the universe elitist such as yourself, is so easily threatened?
I am not. I was genuinely letting you know that I wasn't calling you a hayseed as you find the term offensive and you where in the chain. I didn't know the term until I heard John Goodman shout it out when he robbed a bank in Raising Arizona, I believe. I found it funny. Anyway, no offense. Btw, where is Ray Ray?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:

I am not. I was genuinely letting you know that I wasn't calling you a hayseed as you find the term offensive and you where in the chain. I didn't know the term until I heard John Goodman shout it out when he robbed a bank in Raising Arizona, I believe. I found it funny. Anyway, no offense. Btw, where is Ray Ray?

The chickens are coming home to roost I see. You are a racist bigot TLD.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

Bandito wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:

Thanks. .
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Bandito wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:

Thanks. .
TLD is a racist Democrat.
Typical Lax Dad

I am made of rubber and you are made of glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you! You will graduate HS at some point. I will catch up later.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:I am made of rubber and you are made of glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you! You will graduate HS at some point. I will catch up later.
I don't hang out with bigoted, racist Democrats. Sorry you'll have to look for friends on craigslist.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:

Sorry but based on your body of work, on both LP and here, I don't trust anything you say. When sarcasm is your predominant method of reply, that's what happens.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:

Sorry but based on your body of work, on both LP and here, I don't trust anything you say. When sarcasm is your predominant method of reply, that's what happens.
Trust may not be the right word but I know what you mean...... My statement could have been misconstrued as sarcasm towards you..... that is why I specifically mentioned you in this instance. I am serious about Ray Ray though....seems like he has taken his ball and gone home.....I may have mentioned Paul O'Neill used to do that when he lost basketball games in middle and into high school...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

...and you let him leave with the ball? We would keep the ball, more than once using force.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:...and you let him leave with the ball? We would keep the ball, more than once using force.
Paul was a p*ssy... good athlete though.
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

This just in!

Judge Kavanaugh spilled his milk when he was 8 years old, his mother sent him to his room.

Senator Feinstein has given this information to the FBI.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Bandito wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:I am made of rubber and you are made of glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you! You will graduate HS at some point. I will catch up later.
I don't hang out with bigoted, racist Democrats. Sorry you'll have to look for friends on craigslist.
The racists and bigots that you do hang out with, what party do they support? ;)
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

foreverlax wrote:
Bandito wrote:
The racists and bigots that you do hang out with, what party do they support? ;)
I don't hang out with Democrats. Democrats are racists and bigots.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Kavanaugh allegedly covered her mouth and turned up the music so her cries for help were muffled. What else is hidden in his secret documents? Who else could blackmail this guy? See why we vet?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

But, BUT, they found a bunch of girls that DIDN'T get raped!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”